PDA

View Full Version : The Big O

**DONOTDELETE**
05-19-2003, 04:59 PM
Oh, for Pete\'s sake. Not THAT big O! I\'m talking about Oprah.

The June issue is all about men. There are some great articles in it. Check your news stand. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Enticing
05-20-2003, 04:29 AM
You\'re such a tease, with that subject heading, FTR.

I have that issue, but it\'s getting dusty with the June Cosmo sitting right next to it, here are some of the cover quotes:

99 Sexy Ways to Touch Him (hint: don\'t read that one at work) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

\"A Little to the Left\" How Say what you Want in Bed Without Bruising his Ego

And then some buzzkill thing called Cosmo Bride (reccchhh)

LOL

**DONOTDELETE**
05-20-2003, 04:58 AM
Ehhhhhhh. God, I hate to admit it, but I LOVE Cosmo. I keep trying to steer myself toward a slightly higher level of magazine, thinking I\'ve outgrown it, but ... Cosmo rocks. I should just succumb and get a subscription. That way I don\'t have to be embarassed buying it where people can see me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I\'ll check it out. Thanks!

Enticing
05-20-2003, 05:01 AM
I know. I hate to admit it, too. And it\'s very funny sometimes, the reaction it gets from men. Like the eyebrows raised, \"oh, you\'re a cosmo girl?\" or ... like the one russian doctor who I swear went bright red, and said \"You\'re reading a dirty magazine!\" As if having an interest in good sex somehow made you a bad girl.

But then that\'s still the stigma, is it not? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif LOL

**DONOTDELETE**
05-20-2003, 05:11 AM
It\'s the \"Cosmo Girl\" image ... I\'d rather not be seen in the supermarket line reading Cosmo for that reason. I eye the cover and pick up Martha Steward living instead.

Helen Gurly Brown was da bomb in her day.

Did you take the Cosmo quiz faithfully?

I read it all my life until I was ... maybe mid-thirties, I gave up my subscription.

Enticing
05-20-2003, 05:25 AM
Maybe I\'m un-American, but I don\'t really like the quizzes... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
05-20-2003, 05:34 AM
?!? Never liked the quizzes? What planet are you from, originally?

Enticing
05-20-2003, 06:02 AM
Venus. Remember? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Naw it\'s just that there are so many variables, in life and relationships... those corny quizzes don\'t tell you anything at the end that you didn\'t already know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

For pure entertainment, I prefer the Bedside Astrologer... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
05-20-2003, 08:06 AM
Oh, that\'s right.

Pfffft. As someone with a semi-serious interest hobby-wise in reading astrology, the bedside astrologer works my nerves.

The last Cosmo I bought had on the cover that they were going to reveal the hottest sex technique tip ever in the history of the world.

Guess what it was? USE LUBE.

Well, DUH.

It was big fun when I was a teenager, tho. I guess my love for it is partly nostalgia.

DrSmellThis
05-21-2003, 08:15 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
I know. I hate to admit it, too. And it\'s very funny sometimes, the reaction it gets from men. Like the eyebrows raised, \"oh, you\'re a cosmo girl?\" or ... like the one russian doctor who I swear went bright red, and said \"You\'re reading a dirty magazine!\" As if having an interest in good sex somehow made you a bad girl.

But then that\'s still the stigma, is it not? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif LOL

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">
Oh, it makes you a very bad girl...very bad!

And sometimes very nasty things happen to nasty girls. Very nasty things... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
05-21-2003, 08:22 PM
Um ... would you care to elaborate at all?

EXIT63
05-22-2003, 11:28 AM
How about a product called Oprahs Armpits. I\'ll betcha she\'s secretin some juice under there!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Elana
05-22-2003, 11:31 AM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

EXIT63
05-22-2003, 11:32 AM
Come on Elana...You know all those Yentas will buy it!

Elana
05-22-2003, 11:38 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Come on Elana...You know all those Yentas will buy it!

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\"> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif