PDA

View Full Version : Matrix like movie, Equilibrium

tallmacky
05-16-2003, 04:33 PM
Well its not exactly like the matrix but its supposedly a sleeper hit, it\'s called Equilibrium its a futuristic movie about a cop (Christian Bale) who hunts down those who disobey the rules such as having emotions and so on. if anyone has seen it how was it? I should pick it up on dvd soon. It only made 1.1 million dollars at the box office and it was out for weeks.

I will tell you all if its good or not hehehe.

tallmacky
05-17-2003, 11:40 AM
nevermind wasn\'t like the matrix but it was damn good.

jose
07-03-2003, 03:21 PM
I fu*king love this movie. Best sci-fi movie I\'ve seen in years and the gun play and action are phenomenal. Great acting by Christian Bale(John Patent)as the enforcer hunting people who feel emotion. It\'s a cross between Logan\'s Run, 1984(big brother)with a little matrix thrown in. I purchased the DVD not expecting much but heard so many good things about it. Glad I did, I\'ve seen it five times.

tallmacky
07-03-2003, 03:41 PM
Nice Jose!, I thought I was one of the few who saw the movie. Those you have seen it love it though, Christian Bale is great in it and Tay Diggs is good also. All in all it\'s a great movie especially given it\'s small budget and the fact that it was never formerly released in the states.

PS. I believe they call that gun play GunKata. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

jose
07-03-2003, 03:55 PM
You sure about that tallmacky, I thought it was released here in the states? Anyway great movie and the costumes look good. All you movie buffs on the boards should see it. Yes, John Patent absolutely kicks a*ss with his gunkata style, although that\'s how they train all the clerics.

tallmacky
07-03-2003, 04:14 PM
Hmmm maybe it had a small release, yeah they train all the clerics in that manner but Patent is a huge step above them all. I will stop talking about it before I give something away. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

jose
07-03-2003, 04:27 PM
I\'m pretty sure they did release it but it wasn\'t advertised properly from what I remember. Dimension Films suck this movie could have been a hit and there would be a franchise now. Hell nobody here\'s going to rent it I can talk about this film all day.

tallmacky
07-03-2003, 04:33 PM
cool jose.

How about the sword fight at the end with Taye diggs did you see how his face just fell in half like that nice ehh?

jose
07-03-2003, 04:44 PM
Good action sequence at the end but I was more into the acting. John\'s reaction when they were killing the puppies(after he stopped taking the emotion blocking drugs) and that one puppy runs up to him and licks him in the face, the look he had was priceless. The views of the utopia city was pretty good for CGI.

tallmacky
07-03-2003, 04:49 PM
Yeah the story was solid and very true, those who rule over in a dictatorship rarely ever follow their own rules instead are more corrupt than the citizens could ever be as we saw with the \"leader\". That puppy was umm cough cute so that was expected and plus Bale can act in just about anything, big leap from American Psycho etc...

jose
07-03-2003, 04:59 PM
I heard American psycho wasn\'t that good, if that was him it\'s a vast improvement. Another good moment is when he finally breaks down and cries after Mary gets executed, he was holding those feelings in and can\'t show any out in the open. Just a great movie.

TBiRD
07-04-2003, 02:14 AM
WHOA WHOA WHOA easy now ! I hope u did NOT just say that American Psycho was a bad movie !!!!

American Psycho is a GREAT movie in my opinion , not only because of the gory/sick/twisted entertainment it delivers , but mainly because of the main actors superb , convincing performance.

I mean , comon that movie rocked ! Is there anything better to do with you freetime , than banging 2 hooker chics at the same time , while admiring yourself in the mirror + kissing your pumped up biceps ?!??! Or hack\'n slash your unwanted guest to pieces while listening to nice music and enjoying yourself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ???
lol ok , I guess there is : ?!! J/K !!!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well , I\'m looking forward to American Psycho 2. I heard , the Psycho will be a lady this time ! = Carnegie with titties - no problem with me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ok seriousoly now - Of course the movie \"AP\" doesn\'t do any justice to the besteller book , still its something funny and entertaining to watch with your girl on a first date while whispering in her ear : This is something I would like to do with u aswell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif or: Baby, can u check the fridge for some ice-cream. (Make sure u prepared a gross cut-off-head). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif