PDA

View Full Version : Matrix Reloaded!

Enticing
05-15-2003, 05:14 AM
I\'m so jazzed this sequel FINALLY starts today! I am going to the 10 am show (hey it\'s my day off). Anybody else geeking out today over this film?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Elana
05-15-2003, 05:22 AM
Stolen from FTR.....Et Tu, Enticing? Et Fuckin Tu?

Enticing
05-15-2003, 05:31 AM
I must have missed something. Did FTR start a Matrix thread?

It wouldn\'t surprise me, apparently we\'re both film geeks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Elana
05-15-2003, 05:34 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
It wouldn\'t surprise me, apparently we\'re both film geeks.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

I will not allow you to put FTR in the category of Matrix film geek. I would be crushed if I found that she was a Matrix fan. Crushed I say! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Enticing
05-15-2003, 05:40 AM
Well wake her the hell up and let\'s ask. (Maybe she\'s already at the flick!)

I\'m getting my keys.... I\'m out the door... (stomp stomp stomp)

It\'s not the science fiction, it\'s the metaphysical message of Matrix that I love. Ahhh yeah!

Cmon FTR meet me at the Bijou!

Ceee ya! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

There is no spoon!

Elana
05-15-2003, 05:46 AM
Enticing is spending too much time with Mobley /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

EXIT63
05-15-2003, 05:48 AM
Enticing is spending too much time with Mobley /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
05-15-2003, 07:07 AM
I must have missed something. Did FTR start a Matrix thread?

It wouldn\'t surprise me, apparently we\'re both film geeks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Elana\'s stealing my line to Phantom, \"Et tu, Phantom? Et fuckin tu?\" which she thought was funny and no one else was amused by. Sometimes I think she\'s the only person who gets my sense of humor. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Not into the Matrix. Yesterday passing by the Warner theater, tho, there was a huge crowd, HUGE ... that light is always a two light wait, so I had time to check out the marquis - Matrix people. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif In droves. So if I\'m not into it, looks like it\'s everybody less me.

Hip me to the metaphysical message, Enticing, so I can like it too.

Xehupatl
05-15-2003, 07:36 AM
Check out Plato\'s cave analogy, baby! And much more .. who needs those darned action scenes anyway?

Sexyredhead
05-15-2003, 08:40 AM
That\'s ok, Enticing honey. There are apparently not enough good movie geeks on this forum. I\'m gonna go see it this weekend, though probably not till Sunday. So you can brag, but you can\'t give details!!!!

pelotudo
05-15-2003, 09:26 AM
Yeah, don\'t give the spoilers. I want to go tonight, but don\'t see that happening...so it looks like tomorrow night before I leave for Gainesville Sat morning if I want to see it this weekend.

-Jon

tallmacky
05-15-2003, 11:16 AM
I\'m going tonight and hope to ruin it all for you guys, oh I only kid around, I hope I don\'t get my hopes too high up now cause I expect alot from this.

By the way this movie is going to blow Spiderman\'s box office numbers out of the water, I am guessing opening weekend will be I don\'t know hhehe but more then spiderman

Elana
05-15-2003, 11:22 AM
What a bunch of frikken dorks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pelotudo
05-15-2003, 11:50 AM

You know u want it though :P

I\'ve having really high hopes for this movie too. The only way I think this movie could be a flop is if all they do is sit around and smoke pot the entire thing...other than that, the movie is going to r0x0r. Spider, pfft...what Spiderman? Matrix owns Spiderman.

tallmacky
05-15-2003, 11:52 AM

Do you know what a dork really is, here is a hit its something that you love more then anything else in the world, but not a human one.

Gerund
05-15-2003, 12:47 PM
Gerund &lt;------------ suddenly feeling a little foolish about his signature line being pulled from \"Planet of the Apes.\" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Skyy
05-15-2003, 01:12 PM
I will have Matrix Reloaded in my possession in 4 hrs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

druid
05-15-2003, 01:19 PM
elana what is wrong with the matrix? I guess all the philosipcal overtones to the movie go right over that pretty little head of yours /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

FTR-check out descartes waking dream stuff to get a big chunk of the philosphy hidden in the matrix. Also there is a book called \"The Matrix and Philosophy\" by William Irwin. It is a pretty good book to point out all the philospical topics in the matrix, and is also a great philosphy primer (just about every major topic from phylosphy is represent in the movie). It really makes it easier to understand philosphy because the author takes a piece of pop. culture and discets it.

PS-I am leaving right now to go see it. I just hope their ain\'t too many geeks in my way. I can\'t wait to see the car chase scene.

Mtnjim
05-15-2003, 01:48 PM
\"I will have Matrix Reloaded in my possession in 4 hrs\"

Stealing it from one of the download sites?

Gerund
05-15-2003, 01:51 PM
It ain\'t the same if you don\'t see it on the big screen~

Gerund
05-15-2003, 01:54 PM

So this prolly wouldn\'t be a good time for me to go into \"Star Trek\" mode? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

upsidedown
05-15-2003, 02:00 PM
So, what is your preferred genre of movies Elana? BTW, I\'m not a Matrix fan myself...although I have been known to enjoy the Star Trek movies. Live long and prosper!

Watcher
05-15-2003, 03:32 PM
I might see it for the special effects, i will wait until it all settles down, maybe see it next week.

Elana
05-15-2003, 04:28 PM
So, what is your preferred genre of movies Elana?

Gay, solo jack off videos. Thanks for asking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Enticing
05-15-2003, 04:35 PM
Jeez I couldn\'t get back on the forum this afternoon for anything. Apparently I was the only one stuck in the Matrix. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hmmmm .. not to spoil anything, but I have to give it one thumb up and one thumb down, maybe my expectations were too high. The sensual scenes, though, were fantastic! One of the fight scenes, I thought felt a little stiff, and Morpheus has a gut! I would have thought he\'d firmed up for this role...

Last but not least... the ending... auughh.. just priming you for November to go see Matrix 3... I hate that.

And as far as metaphysical, FTR, I just meant the whole \"reality is what you decide it is\", just electrical impulses between your ears tell you whether your life is wonderful or horrible, .. powerful concept. There\'s so much more to it, but that\'s the basic concept. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tallmacky
05-15-2003, 06:38 PM
I just got back from it Enticing, only one thumb up what the F3CK??

NOT A SPOILER
In the beginning I was a bit worried if this one would match up to the first but in the early middle I began to realize how great this movie would be, all I have to say is wow as for special effects its in every frame almost and almost unnoticible (yes, its getting that good), like the first movie I was wondering how the twisted ending would be, the time leading up to the ending and revalations was pure genius damn it I love that, it may be hard for those not paying attention or those who are a bit slower to grasp, all in all I would wait a day or two because it was packed in there but I wouldn\'t wait long I am sure you will catch the matrix fever, or be in awe a bit, I guess you have to be attracted to this stuff to like it as I did.

BTW see the first one before you see reloaded.

pelotudo
05-15-2003, 08:07 PM
Oh man, I want to go see it so bad. Hoping to go tomorrow night, if not I\'m going to have to wait till Sun when I get back from GVille.

druid
05-15-2003, 09:27 PM
i just got back. fcking awesome. I will probably see it again either this weekend or next. again, awesome movie.

MOBLEYC57
05-15-2003, 09:28 PM

Well...I guess we ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL know that ain\'t so! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Cause the movie would be the last thing on her mind! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif But then again...I do eat too much. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Some people! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Always trying to start sumtin!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Santa\'s watching ya know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif You\'ve got about 7 months to change your naughty ways! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

jose
05-16-2003, 06:24 AM
Big sci-fi fan here, so I don\'t think I\'m going to dislike The Matrix Re-loaded. For what I heard this is \"a thinking man\'s sci-fi movie\" with extremely good computer-generated special effects. I\'m going to watch it this Saturday and see for myself.

Elana
05-16-2003, 06:44 AM
Santa\'s watching ya know. You\'ve got about 7 months to change your naughty ways!

Let\'s try this again. I\'m Jewish!!!!! No Santa for me!!!! I don\'t have to change my naughty ways! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MOBLEYC57
05-16-2003, 11:35 AM
Santa\'s watching ya know. You\'ve got about 7 months to change your naughty ways!

Let\'s try this again. I\'m Jewish!!!!! No Santa for me!!!! I don\'t have to change my naughty ways! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yes dear. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

druid
05-16-2003, 01:28 PM
i always thought the idea of santan was a jewish, as well as christian concept, correct?

Elana
05-16-2003, 01:32 PM
i always thought the idea of santan was a jewish, as well as christian concept, correct?

Incorrect!

franki
05-16-2003, 01:41 PM

Do you mean Santa or Satan? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Elana
05-16-2003, 01:45 PM
Do you mean Santa or Satan?

I wasn\'t sure either, but my answer applied to both. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

upsidedown
05-16-2003, 02:06 PM

Do you mean Santa or Satan?

I wasn\'t sure either, but my answer applied to both. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Regarding Satan:

Job 1:6 . . And Satan also came among them. Vs. 8 And the Lord said to Satan, \"Have you considered My servant Job?

1 Chronicles 21:1 Then Satan stood up against Israel and moved David to number Israel.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I\'m confused. Are these writings making reference to Satan not from the Jewish scriptures?

Gerund
05-16-2003, 02:12 PM
Let\'s try this again. I\'m Jewish!!!!! No Santa for me!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey Elana -- how do Jews feel about the Easter Bunny? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

druid
05-16-2003, 03:31 PM
well I meant santan (as in hooved feet, pitch tell, etc.). I misread elana\'s post.

but jews don\'t believe in santan, hell, etc.? I have never read the bible completely but I have read parts of it. And didn\'t santan tempt adam and eve? that part was from the old testment(the non-jesus half of the bible, also I always thought that jesus is what seperates the jews and christians? am I wrong again?)

upsidedown
05-16-2003, 03:37 PM
well I meant santan (as in hooved feet, pitch tell, etc.).

Hey Druid...you\'re still misspelling it. It\'s not saNtan...it\'s Satan! You\'re putting in an \"N\" that\'s not supposed to be there.

MOBLEYC57
05-16-2003, 03:53 PM
All this because I said Santa! Geezzzzzzzzzzzzz! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Makes me wanna jelq! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

druid
05-16-2003, 07:45 PM
sorry guys I can\'t spell to begin with plus this has been a very bad day.

upsidedown
05-16-2003, 08:08 PM
Not much activity online tonight. I guess everybody has gone out to see Matrix Reloaded tonight rather than posting hit stories.

Elana
05-17-2003, 07:48 AM
OK people. Let\'s try this one more time.
Jews don\'t believe in hell. We don\'t believe Jesus is our savior. We don\'t believe in Santa. We don\'t believe in the Easter bunny. If you see us with a dark spot on our forehead, it is just grease from a brisket pan. You will never see us eat ham at Chanukah. Satan is someone I dress up as for Halloween. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

tallmacky
05-17-2003, 11:24 AM
Jews don\'t believe in hell. We don\'t believe Jesus is our savior. We don\'t believe in Santa. We don\'t believe in the Easter bunny. If you see us with a dark spot on our forehead, it is just grease from a brisket pan. You will never see us eat ham at Chanukah. Satan is someone I dress up as for Halloween. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

now thats hot.

Gerund
05-17-2003, 01:59 PM
Jews don\'t believe in hell. We don\'t believe Jesus is our savior. We don\'t believe in Santa. We don\'t believe in the Easter bunny. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wow, that\'s cold. You Jews don\'t have any fun at all! Well, lessee... how do you guys feel about the Tooth Fairy? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif &lt;chuckle&gt;

proteus
05-18-2003, 05:33 AM
Matrix Reloaded is AWESOME!! I watched The Matrix a lot of times and was worried that the
sequel(s) would suck in comparison, but Matrix Reloaded really exceeded my expectations - in some ways even better than the first. Brilliant script and the casting was great - won\'t spoil it for those who haven\'t seen it yet, but some parts were sheer brilliance. Got to see it again next weekend!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Elana
05-18-2003, 01:35 PM
Wow, that\'s cold. You Jews don\'t have any fun at all! Well, lessee... how do you guys feel about the Tooth Fairy? &lt;chuckle&gt;

Nope, that\'s only a Muslim belief /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pelotudo
05-18-2003, 06:57 PM
I loved Reloaded. Saw it today while I was up in Gainesville, and it was great. It has some slow parts, but those are expected as they went more in depth in to explaining the storyline, and it gets two thumbs-ups from me. Trin is looking old though, not nearly as hot as the first :P

-Jon

seadove
05-18-2003, 08:02 PM
You will never see us eat ham at Chanukah

You\'ll never see me eat ham AT ALL! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

seadove
05-18-2003, 08:14 PM
Druid: I always thought that jesus is what seperates the jews and christians? am I wrong again?)

The foundations of Christianity and Islam are based almost wholly on the Old Testiment.During the later period historions mentioned Jesus as being born in Bethlehem, and grew up to be a religious \"jewish\" man.He attended synagogues, studied the Torah, went about always with a head cover.He never even tried to contradict the jewish faith, and the only difference in his preachings are his modern methods as it was considered at that time.

tallmacky
05-18-2003, 08:34 PM
That\'s true many people forget Jesus was a Jew, especially bigots hehehe.

Gerund
05-19-2003, 12:19 PM
Gerund &lt;------ works for a Jewish carpenter~

Gerund
05-19-2003, 12:19 PM
Gerund &lt;------ works for a Jewish carpenter~

Number0
08-25-2003, 11:39 PM
http://www.ursasoft.com/matrix/index.htm (\"http://www.ursasoft.com/matrix/index.htm\")

tallmacky
06-11-2004, 09:45 AM
Gerund

&lt;------ works for a Jewish carpenter~

I don't mean to bump old posts, but this quote above by

Gerund had me stumped for over a year. When I first read this I assumed that he worked for a Jewish guy who was a

Carpenter....in Iceland. Now I get it, you meant Jesus.....Only too me 13 months to figure that out! :eek:

Pancho1188
06-11-2004, 09:56 AM
I think The Passion of the

Christ inspired you... ;) ;)

You should thank Mel. :D

:rolleyes:

Ash
06-11-2004, 04:23 PM
I don't mean to bump

old posts, but this quote above by Gerund had me stumped for over a year. When I first read this I assumed that he

worked for a Jewish guy who was a Carpenter....in Iceland. Now I get it, you meant Jesus.....Only too me 13 months

to figure that out! :eek:
A few years ago I was in some awful rodent infested crawl space reworking some

really screwed up plumbing. I was bent and twisted like a pretzel. Hardly any room to move at all. I was tired and

beyond frustration and truly at the end of my abilities to get the new plumbing in. In total despair I bowed my head

and asked the Lord why he was never around when I really needed him. Then...I heard a voice! Just as clear as could

be. As if the person was right there next to me. "Hey" ,said the voice. "I was a carpenter, not a plumber!"

Everything was OK after that.:D

Gossamer_2701
06-11-2004, 04:32 PM
A few years ago I

was in some awful rodent infested crawl space reworking some really screwed up plumbing. I was bent and twisted like

a pretzel. Hardly any room to move at all. I was tired and beyond frustration and truly at the end of my abilities

to get the new plumbing in. In total despair I bowed my head and asked the Lord why he was never around when I

really needed him. Then...I heard a voice! Just as clear as could be. As if the person was right there next to me.

"Hey" ,said the voice. "I was a carpenter, not a plumber"! Everything was OK after that.:D

:eek: ...

Blas'phemer...... Blas'phemer...... :eek:

Come on... everybody stone Ash!!!

Sorry... ROFLMAO:D

Gossamer_2701
06-11-2004, 04:34 PM
I don't

mean to bump old posts, but this quote above by Gerund had me stumped for over a year. When I first read this I

assumed that he worked for a Jewish guy who was a Carpenter....in Iceland. Now I get it, you meant Jesus.....Only

too me 13 months to figure that out! :eek:

:D Baby steps TM.... baby steps :D