PDA

View Full Version : Mones & Smoking

Skyy
05-14-2003, 09:32 PM
Does anyone really know the how much effect smoke has on mones? I can\'t say I just quit but I havent smoked in 2 days (thx to nico patches :P), but I didnt have time today as I was doin the deer [bad word] and ill be to busy to even field test mones for the next 2-3 days /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif So my question is will my mones be more effective than before & also will it be a noticeable difference? Im sure someone here knows something

ToBeOrNotToBe
05-15-2003, 02:01 AM
yeah, if u stop smoking, your mones will work about 500% better!! In fact, when u smoke, the effects of the pheromones are the opposite of what u want... they repeal women like hell!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

So, u better stop smoking, ain\'t it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

dexxl
05-15-2003, 04:50 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
yeah, if u stop smoking, your mones will work about 500% better!! In fact, when u smoke, the effects of the pheromones are the opposite of what u want... they repeal women like hell!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

are you for real?
like seriously...
you making that up to have him quit smoking or is that the truth?

belgareth
05-15-2003, 05:27 AM
There was a thread a while back about smoking and mones. you can do a search on it if you\'d like. The gist of it is that smoking has no effect on either mones or the VNO. But tabacco smoke does contain rone. On the other hand, the cigarette odor will deter many potential mates.

Elana
05-15-2003, 05:28 AM
. On the other hand, the cigarette odor will deter many potential mates.

That\'s the truth

Lucky
05-15-2003, 05:33 AM
Don\'t hire or marry a smoker. They are preoccupied (thinking about their next cig?) and they stink.

EXIT63
05-15-2003, 06:14 AM
Don\'t hire or marry a smoker. They are preoccupied (thinking about their next cig?) and they stink.

Sure, blame it on the tobacco.

ToBeOrNotToBe
05-15-2003, 06:30 AM
yeah, if u smoke when using mones, they will turn against you and all women shall RUN AWAY from u like if u were a beast!!

belgareth
05-15-2003, 06:36 AM
A while back, when I was still in the corporate world, I was supervising a phone support team of about 60 techs. Almost half of them smoked. In any phone support group, turn over is high, sometimes as high as 100% because it is stressful work.

We noticed that the techs who smoked seemed to learn their jobs faster and function as a team better. We were puzzled until another supervisor pointed out that they usually went downstairs to smoke in groups. They would hang around and talk shop, the new ones were picking up the tricks from the old hands while they smoked.

It may be a nasty habit, but it has it\'s upside too.

**DONOTDELETE**
05-15-2003, 07:01 AM

Thanks, Lucky. I smoke.

I\'ve timed it - it takes me 8 minutes to ride down the elevator, smoke as much as I want of a cigarette, and be back at my desk. I cannot even begin to tell you how many times, on my way downstairs, I\'ve passed secretaries standing around in the halls chit chatting about non work related things, who were STILL standing there lollygagging when I got back. My perception is the non-smokers waste a lot more time. I get up for an approximately 10 minute smoke break every two hours. I never take a lunch hour.

Hire people who are focused and purposeful and interested in their work, and let them smoke if they feel like it, whenever they want to. It\'s worked really well for my firm. Triflin\' is triflin\' whether they smoke or not.

pelotudo
05-15-2003, 07:13 AM

Thanks, Lucky. I smoke.

Then you stink /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif and I totally mean that in the hottest most attractive way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

MOBLEYC57
05-15-2003, 07:18 AM

Thanks, Lucky. I smoke.

Then you stink /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif and I totally mean that in the hottest most attractive way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yep! You\'re stinky!
You\'re stinky!
Lucky says you\'re stinky!
S, T, I, N, K, Y, and you don\'t have no alibi!
You\'re stinky!

But I\'m sure you smell better than deer, dear. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

koolking1
05-15-2003, 07:30 AM
the phone staff may have been talking shop but the more likely explanation is that nicotine actually improves the brain\'s ability to think. This is a proven fact but not often spoken of by medical professionals.

Lucky
05-15-2003, 07:33 AM
&lt;They would hang around and talk shop, the new ones were picking up the tricks from the old hands while they smoked&gt;

I agree about the bonding. They are like a cult. They do have the absolute right to smoke anywhere public, IMO. If more of them had been respectful about blowing smoke, nobody would have started this banning mess.

But, the problem, as a nurse, was that I\'d (and other non-smokers) get stuck with an overload of critical care patients that we couldn\'t possibly care for adequately. This was because the smokers had to *break* at least every hour, no matter who was dying.

FTR, you know I love you, we\'ll just have to work on this little issue of yours. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lucky
05-15-2003, 07:36 AM
koolking,
That makes sense, isn\'t nicotinic acid a vasodilator?

**DONOTDELETE**
05-15-2003, 07:37 AM
Don\'t even start. You\'ve got issues of your own to work on. I couldn\'t think of taking up your time with mine. But I sure appreciate your concern. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
05-15-2003, 07:41 AM

I\'ve got more action than I can handle at the moment. No one seems put off by how I smell. And I don\'t even have to rub myself down with cat poop or eau de racoon\'s ass. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Thanks, Lucky. I smoke.

Yep! You\'re stinky!
You\'re stinky!
Lucky says you\'re stinky!
S, T, I, N, K, Y, and you don\'t have no alibi!
You\'re stinky!

But I\'m sure you smell better than deer, dear. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Xehupatl
05-15-2003, 07:52 AM
I don\'t like people who smoke a lot; who really are addicted to cigarettes - people who need a friggin smoking break. I don\'t know how somebody can smoke a whole packet of cigs a day.

With that said - I smoke /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
But I fu*king HATE cigarettes (the ones you buy in packets). When I smoke my 4 or 5 cigs a day, I roll them myself!

I don\'T know how anybody can stand those commercial pre-rolled crap. I tried a pack of cigs once and damn! that sucked! The tobacco is much too dry - every toke hurt the back of my throat. And whats up with that filter? It\'s huge! I felt like I was giving a blowjob, rather than having a fag in my mouth (no pun intended) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
And they\'re gone within 2 minutes! You don\'t even get time to think!

Now when I roll my own, aaaah! Smooth as silk, tastes great, stays with me for 5 or 6 minutes .... mmmh ...

ahem ... damn I\'m out of tobacco!

Sorry for that rant ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

belgareth
05-15-2003, 07:53 AM
Lucky:

Our attitude was they had the same break rights as anybody else. just because you have an addiction is no reason for you to get extra breaks. Buy some gum and deal with it. Due to call volume requirements, we were pretty strict about break and lunch time anyway.

MOBLEYC57
05-15-2003, 07:58 AM
I feel your pain X. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I smoked a pack and a half to two packs a day for 25 years (Marlboro Reds), and quit cold turkey 4 March 2002 at 6:30 in the P.M. It\'s no easy task!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif At one point, it got pretty bad cause when I looked at people smoking for the first month, it gave me boners!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif They looked so sexxxy smoking! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Xehupatl
05-15-2003, 08:03 AM
I can stop anytime I want!!
Well the fact that I scraped all the tobacco-crap, that had fallen out from rolling previous cigs, together today to roll a last one could be a warning sign ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Skyy
05-15-2003, 09:00 AM

Laugh, could you be more serious

koolking1
05-15-2003, 11:23 AM
I roll my own too but it ain\'t Virginia tobacco. I saw smokes in NC for $20 a carton. I would like to quit and likely will do so soon, hope so anyways.

druid
05-15-2003, 01:45 PM
the best way to quit is to never start /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

camusflage
05-15-2003, 08:01 PM
Networking ain\'t just for us computer geeks..

Not all smokers smell nasty.. I can\'t tell you how many times someone has said \"I never knew you smoked!\" with genuine surprise in their voice, only because I take great pains to not smoke in confined spaces, usually have an upscale cologne on, and the only thing more fastidious than my general hygiene is my oral hygiene.

Xehupatl
05-15-2003, 10:18 PM
Yeah brushing your teeth or at least chewing some gum is a must after every cig. Those things\'ll destroy your teeth...

Skyy
05-15-2003, 10:25 PM
Yeah brushing your teeth or at least chewing some gum is a must after every cig. Those things\'ll destroy your teeth...

If I chewed gum after every cig..omg never mind I dont wanna think how many pieces that would be =P

Xehupatl
05-15-2003, 10:36 PM
so smoke less cigs!

**DONOTDELETE**
05-15-2003, 10:46 PM
Networking ain\'t just for us computer geeks..

Not all smokers smell nasty.. I can\'t tell you how many times someone has said \"I never knew you smoked!\" with genuine surprise in their voice, only because I take great pains to not smoke in confined spaces, usually have an upscale cologne on, and the only thing more fastidious than my general hygiene is my oral hygiene.

Camusflage, I hear that constantly, too. \"I had no idea you smoked!\" Smokers are demonized. Even speaking to someone on the phone -\"But you have such a nice voice! I thought you smoked!\"

We don\'t all reek and sound like hell ... some of us are responsible workers ... halfway decent people ... not as good as NON smokers, for sure, but ... on a good day, could pass for human ...

franki
05-15-2003, 11:26 PM
Even speaking to someone on the phone -\"But you have such a nice voice! I thought you smoked!\"

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Franki /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

EXIT63
05-16-2003, 04:11 AM
We don\'t all reek and sound like hell ... some of us are responsible workers ... halfway decent people ... not as good as NON smokers, for sure, but ... on a good day, could pass for human

Unless ofcourse you\'re a MUTANT!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif