PDA

View Full Version : Bloating in the afternoon

travis
05-14-2003, 03:52 AM
When I weakup in the morning I look and feel so trim but as the day goes by the shape of my body changes, I become bloated not only in feeling but I could see it to the mirror. My eating habits if I eat in the morning at lunch sometimes I skip or sometimes very, very light and at 12:00 pm or 1:00 that is the time I can see changes. At night I just eat regular meal.

seadove
05-14-2003, 03:55 AM
Therefore?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

travis
05-14-2003, 04:03 AM
I mean is there any information why is this happening to me? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

seadove
05-14-2003, 04:09 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
At night I just eat regular meal.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

I believe that this fact is your fatal enemy.

Eat a good balanced breakfast in the morning to keep you until noon, a balanced meal in the afternoon, and a very very light meal consisting mainly of salad EARLY in the evening but not later than 7 PM.

Cheers.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Elana
05-14-2003, 04:14 AM
Travis- Do you eat a lot of the white, nasty carbs throughout the day? If so, you may want to stick with the healthier carbs, and add more protein to your diet. Breads, pastas and sugars may be what is making you bloat.

travis
05-14-2003, 04:25 AM
In the morning I make 3 scrambled eggs and a cup of coffee thats it. Lunch sometimes none or snack or cold cuts sandwish. At night, vegies, chicken or sometimes soup only. I dont eat a lot of carbo I know that for sure.

Elana
05-14-2003, 04:26 AM
Sodas?

travis
05-14-2003, 04:30 AM
nope no soda

Elana
05-14-2003, 04:47 AM
You are just a freak of nature. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
05-14-2003, 04:49 AM
Ok, that IS strange. My first thought was the same as Elana\'s - if I eat a lot of carbs, I\'ll bloat. I thought this was gonna be an easy one ... hm ... how about salt? Are you eating salty processed meats, maybe, in your sandwich? i.e., pastrami, corned beef, etc.?

Food allergies will cause bloating but it\'s hard to imagine what you could be allergic to in your diet, unless it\'s the bread in the sandwich.

seadove
05-14-2003, 04:53 AM
I make 3 scrambled eggs and a cup of coffee thats it. Lunch sometimes none or snack or cold cuts sandwish. At night, vegies, chicken

I was right suggesting what I suggested.

3 scrambled eggs?scrambled with what? Everyday?This is more than three times the suggested amount of eggs intake per day.

Too much cholesterol.

Chicken at night? Jeez!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

travis
05-14-2003, 04:55 AM
salt?

I suspected that too....but I\'ve been drinking a lot of water maybe 10 to 11 glasses a day ........so I shouldn\'t be worrying to much about the salt.

Elana
05-14-2003, 04:58 AM
Seadove- Eggs are protein and won\'t cause him to bloat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Andy
05-14-2003, 04:59 AM
That\'s wrong because too much salt will cause your body to store much more water in the cells than usefull and wanted.

An example:

I had a sixpack during my active time and too much salt over the day caused it to be almost flattened in the evening and the rest of my muscles lacked of definition too.

Elana
05-14-2003, 05:00 AM
What do eggs have to do with too much salt?

seadove
05-14-2003, 05:00 AM
Seadove- Eggs are protein and won\'t cause him to bloat.

One egg per day,maybe, but not more than that.

His night eating habits are way too exagerated, not reccomended to eat that much at night.

my two sheckels. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Andy
05-14-2003, 05:04 AM
I am actually havin my heaviest meal in the morning. I know it makes some people sick but I eat stuff like pizza or fries in the morning. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I had a nice steak today for breakfast /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Only fruits and veggies in the evening for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif. Ok ok ... and pussy .. but I don\'t think that\'s a problem.

seadove
05-14-2003, 05:08 AM
I\'m inclined to agree with your eating habits (excluding the pussy)

BTW, salt causes high blood pressure but never over weight or bloating.It makes you want to drink a lot of liquid.

seadove
05-14-2003, 05:28 AM
Moreover, Travis, I advise you to include fish in your weekly diet, say at least twice or even three times a week.

Good for the brains, bone tissues and hell of a good influence on your weight, and extremely deminishes your bloating tendencies.

If you have to eat at night, include a glass of red wine with it, preferably Chianti Classico or Emerald Risling.That will help you to break down the foods in your stomach.

Cheers.

Andy
05-14-2003, 05:28 AM
Why would somebody exclude the pussy I am having for dessert ? Always fresh, tastes good, won\'t make you fat .....

I\'ve cut down my fish intake, it causes your sperm to taste bad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Lucky
05-14-2003, 05:37 AM
Travis,
Are you taking any type of supplements? Vitamins, etc.? You are drinking an awful lot of water (10-11 glasses)a day - are you doing physical work every day - I\'m wondering how old you are? Kidneys okay? Any kidney problems in your family? Start checking your blood pressure regularly and weigh in the morning and the afternoon (regularly) to see if it is really fluid retention. What else, Enticing?

seadove
05-14-2003, 05:40 AM
You are drinking an awful lot of water (10-11 glasses)a day

Why would that fact indicate that something\'s wrong with Travis? The more he drinks the healthier it is for him.

It\'s probably the salt intake that\'s making him drink so much, nothing else.

travis
05-14-2003, 05:52 AM
It\'s probably the salt intake that\'s making him drink so much, nothing else.

Here\'s my cent... water is diuretic so if I drink a lot of water I shouldn\'t be retaining salt in my body.

Elana
05-14-2003, 05:53 AM
Travis- Let Dr. Elana find out what is wrong with you. Please send me several naked pictures of yourself. A few of you taken in the morning and then some in the afternoon. I\'ll examine them and tell you what I think is wrong.

travis
05-14-2003, 05:57 AM
Travis- Let Dr. Elana find out what is wrong with you. Please send me several naked pictures of yourself. A few of you taken in the morning and then some in the afternoon. I\'ll examine them and tell you what I think is wrong.

I can do that....do you want me with or without clothes? Or, maybe you could asses if its just in mind right?

Elana
05-14-2003, 06:02 AM
Travis- Do you know what \"naked\" means? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Go back and read my original request. This will really work. Send the photos, I\'ll go over them with nurse Lucky and FTR and we will figure out what is wrong with you.

Gerund
05-14-2003, 06:07 AM
Don\'t do it, Travis! It\'s a trap!

travis
05-14-2003, 06:08 AM
Travis,
Are you taking any type of supplements? Vitamins, etc.? You are drinking an awful lot of water (10-11 glasses)a day - are you doing physical work every day - I\'m wondering how old you are? Kidneys okay? Any kidney problems in your family? Start checking your blood pressure regularly and weigh in the morning and the afternoon (regularly) to see if it is really fluid retention. What else, Enticing?

The only vitamins that I take is Vitamin E, and C. I dont do to much physical work everyday but I do exercise two times a week running 3 miles each. As for my kidney, I have a normal urination so I dont think I have a problem with that. As to my age I am 39 going 40 on Sept. I am drinking a lot of water for the reason I just what to get rid of all the toxic I have taken each day. I work at home so I can manage of drinking plenty of water. Blood presure is 120 over 72, heart beat 65 to 79 per minute flactuating. what else?

Lucky
05-14-2003, 06:14 AM
&lt;The more he drinks the healthier it is for him.&gt;

Not necessarily.

MOBLEYC57
05-14-2003, 08:58 AM
In the morning I make 3 scrambled eggs and a cup of coffee thats it. Lunch sometimes none or snack or cold cuts sandwish. At night, vegies, chicken or sometimes soup only. I dont eat a lot of carbo I know that for sure.

It could be the eggs! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif In addition to my extra protein, I have made a serious effort to consume more egg protein in this last week. That consist of eating 8 boiled eggs a day, mostly in the p.m. My stomach bloats like a mofo!! Internal combustion! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Are you bloating all over, or just your tummy? If it\'s just your tummy, it\'s probably the eggs.

What Dove said. I drink a gallon or two a day. Bathroom visits = 20 or 30 = flushing out the bod. I don\'t think it\'s the water. Not unless you\'re putting salt in it. Salt/sodium will bloat you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

phersurf
05-14-2003, 09:13 AM
This is the funniest thread I\'ve read in a while! Drink more water. Don\'t drink that much water. Maybe it\'s the eggs. Eggs are protein they\'re OK. But not 3 a day. It\'s your big meal at night. It\'s simple carbos. There as many opinions as there are people responding.

Man, this guy must be confused! Yes, egg yokes have a lot of cholesterol and contain a lot of sulfar and can cause gas and bloating. Try making the eggs without the yokes and see if you have the same problem (without the yokes you can eat as many as you want). Simple carbs can also cause bloating. As well as taking vitamnins on an empty stomach.

But the best advice I can give you is to go see a gastrointerologist. They are experts on this stuff.

MOBLEYC57
05-14-2003, 09:24 AM
\"But the best advice I can give you is to go see a gastrointerologist. They are experts on this stuff.\"

Would you take your car to the shop if you could fix it yourself? My guess is that everyone wants to help...what do you think? The cholesterol in eggs are not high enough to worry about eating the yoke \"\"\"IF\"\"\" you\'re working out, but yes, it could be the yoke. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif As for water...it\'s the MOST missing nutrient in the body. Notice how I didn\'t say I \"\"think\"\" it\'s the MOST missing nutrient. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Like the mones...he has to experiment to fix the problem. If none of the advice works...then he should pay to see a doc if it\'s worrying him so. Tater! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Lucky
05-14-2003, 09:56 AM
Travis,
This is getting serious. Hurry with the naked pictures. We need to determine if your gut is bloating or if it\'s just soft tissue...hahahahaha. We may just need to insert a colon tube.

Just weigh and decide if something\'s going on (if you\'re healthy in general). Remember that your intake and output needs to balance. Yeah, measure that urine, too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Look up hyperhydration, seems like it benefits in preventing bladder cancer. I can\'t remember the exact amounts from the research.

the pictures...soon.

MOBLEYC57
05-14-2003, 10:01 AM
The guy\'s probably got an alien in his gut, and she wants him naked! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Geezzzzzz! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Elana
05-14-2003, 10:30 AM
penis is penis

**DONOTDELETE**
05-14-2003, 10:36 AM
I don\'t know what\'s wrong with you people. Can\'t you see he has a severe Butterfinger deficit? Good god, man! Take two Butterfingers and call me in the morning...

Lucky
05-14-2003, 10:40 AM
Don\'t get carried away with prescriptions yet, FTR....we must review the photographs.

Elana
05-14-2003, 10:42 AM
YOU don\'t KNOW WHAT YOU are talking about! SHUT UP, FTR! you are stupid! Listen to ME! He needs Twix, and not Butterfingers. Butterfingers are FOR ATTENTION WHORES like you! Go clean a floor, you stupid, PMSing woman!!!

MOBLEYC57
05-14-2003, 10:49 AM
Now they want to feed the alien junk food! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Andy
05-14-2003, 11:00 AM
Uhh Elana ... I think it\'s time for your medicine again. I\'ll give you some of my special anti-agression-sirup, that should fix it.

Lucky
05-14-2003, 11:14 AM
Find Watcher, he will talk her down.

Elana
05-14-2003, 11:19 AM
I\'ll give you some of my special anti-agression-sirup, that should fix it.

My mouth is opened wide....waiting for my medicine.

Elana
05-14-2003, 11:24 AM
Find Watcher, he will talk her down.

Woof, woof

Sexyredhead
05-14-2003, 11:27 AM
Is it really only in the afternoon? Not all the time? And you\'re not craving sugars/dairy?

I ask because a girl I know recently had a major bloating problem and was craving a lot of sugary things. Ended up having a major yeast concentration in her system that was causing the bloat. Started having a bit of feminine itching as well, which is why she went to the doctor. Got some medicine and spewed black stuff for two days. She\'s off dairy and breads at the moment, but feeling a lot better than she was.

Just a thought. Probaby totally unrelated.

BTW, I eat 3 eggs daily for breakfast myself, and don\'t get bloat.

**DONOTDELETE**
05-14-2003, 12:40 PM
I eat eggs all the time, three at a time, and they don\'t make me bloat. But processed or salty meats will, and bread always will, and foods that are very, very salty.

travis
05-14-2003, 12:50 PM
Is it really only in the afternoon? Not all the time? And you\'re not craving sugars/dairy?

yes its only in the afternoon...I dont crave for sugar or anything sweet.

travis
05-14-2003, 12:58 PM
Cum on ladies, you really wanna see the real \"Mccoy\"? Why dont we trade pictures and I promise you ladies wont be disapointed of what you are going to see.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

MOBLEYC57
05-14-2003, 01:05 PM
Before long, you won\'t be able to talk to a lady on the forum without a birthday pic! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Lucky
05-14-2003, 01:30 PM
&lt;Ended up having a major yeast concentration in her system that was causing the bloat. Started having a bit of feminine itching as well, which is why she went to the doctor. Got some medicine and spewed black stuff for two days.&gt;

My Gosh.

Travis, bet you wish you had never brought up bloating.

Sexyredhead
05-14-2003, 01:42 PM
&lt;Ended up having a major yeast concentration in her system that was causing the bloat. Started having a bit of feminine itching as well, which is why she went to the doctor. Got some medicine and spewed black stuff for two days.&gt;

My Gosh.

Travis, bet you wish you had never brought up bloating.

Hehehe. Nothing is sacred here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
05-14-2003, 04:24 PM
YOU don\'t KNOW WHAT YOU are talking about! SHUT UP, FTR! you are stupid! Listen to ME! He needs Twix, and not Butterfingers. Butterfingers are FOR ATTENTION WHORES like you! Go clean a floor, you stupid, PMSing woman!!!

I dusted the furniture, vacuumed, mopped the floors, cleaned the bathroom, changed the linens, took the trash out, did the laundry, planned the menus, did the grocery shopping, did the cooking, washed the car and got the oil changed, figured the budget and paid the bills ...

and NOW

I\'m going out to RUIN. THE. WORLD. by reporting to work.

Damn feminism. THAT\'s what\'s giving him the bloat.

Gerund
05-14-2003, 06:39 PM
I stuck my Butterfinger up her Milky Way and made her Snicker~ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

MOBLEYC57
05-14-2003, 07:07 PM
I stuck my Butterfinger in her Milky Way, and out pops a Babyruth!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Gerund
05-14-2003, 10:47 PM
&lt;chuckle&gt;

nonscents
05-15-2003, 06:48 AM
Travis,
You could give this homeopathic remedy from Boiron a try.
Carbo Vegetabilis 30C. Available at a Whole Foods near you, if there is one near you. Or anywhere in Europe.

Try not to have anything in your mouth (quiet Elana!) for a while before or after you take it. Take 5 pellets at a time.

Only costs about $6 or so, so if it doesn\'t work it\'s no biggie.

seadove
05-17-2003, 11:13 PM
Travis, it\'s me seadove, travis? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif wake up travis /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif.Travis?Oh my G-d you\'re unconcious.Who did that to you?TRRRAAAAVVVVVVVIIIIISSSSSSS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Will someone call 999? Call an ambulance, Is there a Dr. in the house?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PS: he\'s finished! NEXT!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

seadove
05-17-2003, 11:25 PM
Ok seriously speaking, I found something in the internet about bloating, this is of course further than my recommendations about the habit of eating correctly and eating not more than 5 eggs a week for the sake of reducing cholesterol levils. If you would check up your cholesterol levils you should make sure not to have more than 220 counts and the breakdown of good cholesterol and bad cholesterol should also be in check.

BLOATING

The main cause of bloating is air. More specifically, either air that is swallowed during eating or exercising, air produced by your own body in reaction to high-fiber foods or air in air containing foods such as ice cream. Many times, what people believe is fluid retention is actually bloating.

The following tips may help bloating. Chew your food slowly. The more slowly you eat, the better your food is broken down, the less likely you are to suffer from gas caused by swallowing air.

Avoid bloating foods. Raw vegetables, cabbage, beans, bagels and pretzels (which are cooked in boiling, bubbly water), dairy products, sugars and chocolate also are bloat-producers.

Neutralize gas producing foods. Beano, available over the counter in liquid or tablet form, is a liquid enzyme that breaks down the indigestible sugars in foods. Simethicone and Charcoal are other over the counter products that can help bloating.

Finally, exercising (without gulping air) can help alleviate bloating.

travis
05-20-2003, 04:56 PM
A nurse told me that the reason why in the morning I look trim is because when I sleep some of the fluid in my stomach is goes up my upper body. Second, because of the earth\'s gravitational pull, it pulls my skin downward, so she said I need to do some abs to tighten the muscle and the skin.

seadove
05-20-2003, 08:26 PM
when I sleep some of the fluid in my stomach is goes up my upper body

True, my friend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Second, because of the earth\'s gravitational pull, it pulls my skin downward, so she said I need to do some abs to tighten the muscle and the skin.

Utter rubbish, my friend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif