PDA

View Full Version : back to the hoax idea...

adam22
05-13-2003, 05:14 PM
I found this article on a website, what do u guys think about it..it claims basically that everything but realm sucks and is just a scam...this isnt the whole article but it is the most important part for this purpose. What do u guys think?

...The VNO thing sniffs out sex pheromones. Sex pheromones are substances that we don\'t smell like normal odors. The VNO is one of the sensors in our nose, but it doesn\'t work like all of the other sensors. Instead of creating an awareness of a smell within us, the VNO translates and sends off signals to other parts of our brain and body. Parts of our brain and body that create feelings or emotions within us. So the VNO doesn\'t turn an external scent into something we can consciously smell, it instead turns a scent into something we feel. As you are aware, feelings and emotions can be very powerful in driving us to certain actions. Thus, pheromones make us feel certain things that then make us do certain other things... very nice things, you could say. Nice stuff, huh?
The problem with most so-called \'pheromone\' based products -- products designed to make your VNO \'tingle\' -- is that most of them are a bunch of bullsh*t! A scam.
I\'ve seen people give gleaming accounts of their use of certain so-called \'pheromone\' containing products, but many of these very same products they so glowingly talk about have been revealed in consumer studies to contain no or negligible amounts of the pheromones they supposedly have.
There\'s obviously a lot of crap products out there that rely solely on the placebo effect. I\'d sooner recommend a useless, but free, ritual of some sort or another -- perhaps chanting \"ala ala pheromone chiggity chiggity choo, hoo hoo!\'\" backwards while standing on a chair on only your large toe -- than have you spend your hard earned money on something of such sketchy value. I\'m just not going to risk my reputation on something like this.
Someday I may evaluate pheromone products across the board as to a) their effect on me and people around me and, perhaps more importantly, b) to what extent they can prove that they contain the pheromones that they claim to contain. Until this research project occurs, there\'s only one manufacturer of pheromone products that I feel safe recommending to you:
Erox Corporation, also known as known as Human Pheromone Sciences, Inc.
Their story starts with their founder, David L. Berliner. As the literature from the website of the Erox Corporation explains,
\"An imaginative University of Utah anatomist named David L. Berliner was working with substances that occur in human skin. When he left some of the extracts in open vials around the lab, he noticed a sudden, puzzling rise in camaraderie among a previously acrimonious group of researchers working with him. When he changed the extracts a few months later, the group resumed its contentious ways.
Berliner froze and saved the extracts. Nearly 30 years later, by this time a Silicon Valley biotech millionaire, thanks to a method of containing drugs and cosmetics inside tiny, sponge like polymer spheres, he returned to the subject. In 1989 he set up Erox Corp., which has isolated the suspected good-fellowship pheromones-behavior-controlling substances similar to those already known to stimulate sexual activity in animals. (One whiff of a pheromone called aphrodisin from a female hamster and a male is ready to mate.)\"
It turns out that David discovered and later went on to patent pheromones such as androstadienone, currently known to exist only in the sweat glands of humans. I stress humans because most every other pheromone product contains androstenone, which is not exclusive to humans at all. Most mammals use androstenone as a triggering scent for attraction. This may or may not be a big deal. However, you should feel safe knowing that with androstadienone, as an exclusively human pheromone, you should be relatively free of such torments as dogs humping your leg, cats \'spraying\' in your general vicinity, and of course, pigs looking at you in ways... that pigs just shouldn\'t be looking at you. (unless you\'re, uh... into that kind of thing!)
Again, androstadienone and others discovered by David Berliner are patented pheromones. Aside from finding them naturally excreted in the sweat of your body (which, if you\'re part of the modern \'civilized\' world, you try as hard as you can to wash away, block the secretion of, and otherwise cover up), you\'ll only find them in products either produced or licensed by Erox.
Thankfully, there\'s no real doubt about the authenticity of their products. Not only were they scientifically developed, but they\'ve been scientifically validated and independently assayed by labs outside of Erox Corporation. Reports and reviews have been published in peer reviewed publications. That’s scientific talk saying that other scientists have checked this stuff out out up, down, and probably even sideways. There\'s a sense of trust you get from trying these products that you just don\'t get from the \'fly by night\' nature of most other pheromone manufacturers. This company is serious about pheromones, and it shows...

monesrule
05-13-2003, 05:41 PM
check out the love scent product reference table (link at the top of this page). It shows which products are low concentrated and have very little phermones. APC is one of them, but great for mixing, and if you use enough, he amount of mones does add up.

BTW, You got that ones girls attention with your boxers stutnt. Risk taking and craziness, boldness, daringness all that good stuff is always something that females love. I suggest you forget your study, get on the phermones tomorrow, and get something started while evreything is still fresh in her mind.

tallmacky
05-13-2003, 05:43 PM
adam you are doing what I think Elana was speaking of, you are overthinking this wayyy too much, you may just ruin all the fun too. Seize it while the day is still hear.

adam22
05-13-2003, 05:57 PM
yeh, Im really not worried about it...I was just wondering..cause i dont like wasting money..but i already bought them and even if everyone here told me it was a hoax i would still try it..just to prove it to myself..thats the way i am...ANd i dont have my mones yet...im still wasiting they should be here ANYTIME...hopefully tomorrow...
so i wont get to try them till then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif but tomorrow i will try to keep up the ego...lol

tallmacky
05-13-2003, 05:58 PM
hey you can always return them bro, and I hope to hear your hit story soon!

adam22
05-13-2003, 06:00 PM
but any comments on that article about it being crap? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

SwingerMD
05-13-2003, 06:30 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
but any comments on that article about it being crap?

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Personally I believe it is just a marketing ploy to get you to buy Realm. Sorta like the one where one of the companies that had a oil based phero product said that alcohol destroys pheros. (Kinda funny that their process involved isolation and purification with alcohol before they put the pheros into oil).

You can read all of these hit stories and listen to all of our suggestions, but in the end you\'re gonna have to try em to see if they actually work for you.

**DONOTDELETE**
05-13-2003, 08:01 PM
but any comments on that article about it being crap? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The article doesn\'t say that pheromones are a scam. It says that pheromone products other than those put out by Erox are likely to be a scam. He doesn\'t say even that for sure - he says he won\'t stake his reputation on them. I don\'t give a fat rat\'s ass for his reputation, really, do you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

The article\'s a plant for Erox, IMO.

There are, I\'m sure, products out there that are not of good value, but those products are not sold here. As was pointed out, you can look at the product table and see for yourself what concentration of pheromones each product contains. So you are not buying a pig in a poke.

Rest easy, put your \'mones on, and write us some hit stories.

adam22
05-13-2003, 08:20 PM
neh...its sad..this is all the better I have to do as I sit and look out my window longingly waiting to see the mail man pull up with my mones /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifjk...Although I am getting very impatient! lol (its only been 2 days...) I already addicted and I havent even wore them before! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Its disappointing..I dont get to wear them tomorrow...but the next day i should get to! VERY excited...stupid United States Postal Service...mumble mumble....priority mail my ***...ANYWAY Im just rambling on about things that dont matter now so Im gonna go back to my chair facing the window with the view of the mail box /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif So i can continue my excrutiating impatient wait....

adam22
05-13-2003, 08:23 PM
nvm...too dark to see...I almost pulled over a fed ex truck today thinking he might have my shipment in his truck...then i realized i didnt get fed ex shipping...so im glad i didnt run him off the road for nothing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif But i swear...if i see a mail man tomorrow im tackeling him and getting my package...

**DONOTDELETE**
05-13-2003, 09:10 PM
Adam, where do you live?

adam22
05-13-2003, 09:17 PM
Northern Minnesota... 56649 zipcode...International Falls... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif why? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TBiRD
05-14-2003, 05:49 AM
@tallmacky , thx bro..u just gave me an idea for a nice new signature /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif \"Seize it while the day is still hear. \"

travis
05-14-2003, 08:35 AM
Adam,

If your stuff doesn\'t work, please don\'t hesitate to PM me and I\'ll be gland to give my mailing address where you could send it. thanks and good luck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

tallmacky
05-14-2003, 10:52 AM
@tallmacky , thx bro..u just gave me an idea for a nice new signature /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif \"Seize it while the day is still hear. \"

your welcome, I think I goofed up on the \"hear\" should be here.

TBiRD
05-14-2003, 11:57 AM
:]

Well I like this sig much better (though its ripped of dead poets society) than the old goofy one....Bubu and I were the only ones who understood it anyways....