PDA

View Full Version : sexual arousal

travis
05-12-2003, 08:47 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
from \"Why the Pilgrims Were Hot and Bothered\" by Leah Garchik in the San Francisco Chronicle, March 17, 1995.

At a meeting of the American Psychosomatic Society in New Orleans early this month, neurologist Alan Hirsch of the Smell &amp; Taste Treatment and Research Foundation in Chicago presented his findings.

\"Perfumes have been used for centuries to elicit sexual arousal,\" said Hirsch, \"yet no scientific study has ever been conducted to prove their effectiveness. We set out to explore the effects of odors on penile blood flow with the hope that positive results would aid in the treatment of impotence.\"

Subjects wore masks scented with an array of odors. The combinations found to be most effective in increasing penile blood flow were lavender and pumpkin pie, doughnut and black licorice, and pumpkin pie and doughnut. Older men, Hirsch found, were most turned on by vanilla.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

anyone knows this?

druid
05-12-2003, 09:01 AM
well I know around turkey day when the smell of fresh pumpkin pie is in the air I turn into an animal. humpin the turkey. it isn\'t pretty. it has ruined several thanksgivings at my house. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

monesrule
05-12-2003, 09:05 AM
i seee that study being constantly referred to. i have never herard of pumpkin pie scented oil or even licorice (though mayeb they have it.)

Here is a link with the results of the study, just scroll down:

http://www.skinbiology.com/skin-pheromones.html (\"http://www.skinbiology.com/skin-pheromones.html\")

CptKipling
05-12-2003, 02:41 PM
lol druid

This was tossed around a while ago, I think turkey was a libido suppressant iirc, if anyone is interested /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I think cinamin (sp?) was shown to arrose men aswell.

Enticing
05-12-2003, 02:56 PM
Sometimes I will add cinnamon to the coffee I make at work. One day a doc claimed that cinnamon was supposed to make a man\'s jizz taste better.

But I didn\'t offer to do any comparison taste testing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif