PDA

View Full Version : On Dosage

monesrule
05-09-2003, 02:28 PM
Here\'s good info i found in archives. Helps me understand my original \"is it an OD if no one notices\" question. Someone else just tried to OD the other day and also couldn\'t figure out why he didn\'t get negative or positive reactions:

Martha McClintock has maintained that in mammals a few phero chemicals combine in various combinations to send different signals. In other words the component pattern of the phero brew is the message, and that way many messages can be sent with just a few chemicals. She warns against looking too much at each chemical in isolation for effects. We are experimenting with just a few of the chemicals our bodies produce - smearing on synthetic megadoses of a few of them, and washing off our own pheros with hygiene practices. While we are certainly observing certain types of effects this way, I think it\'s an oversimplification to tag each chemical with a social label and think we have the whole picture.

Another issue is the amount of synthetic phero we apply (in my previous posts and others see how in some cases we are applying hundreds of times what our entire body would produce, with just one spray). To quote Noam Sobel\'s brilliant paper on human phero brain activation: \"The language of the chemical senses in general, and pheromones in particular, is unknown, and an increase in pheromone concentration may confer a different message rather than an increase in the intensity of the same message\". By applying relative megadoses we may actually be sending the \'reverse\' of a message that would be sent in lower concentration! Couple that with the fact that that we shower away our own natural pheros, and the picture is confusing at best.

pelotudo
05-09-2003, 07:53 PM
Nice. I haven\'t tried my odtestday#2 yet, but it\'s coming.