PDA

View Full Version : TIME TO SOLVE COMMUNICATION PROBLEM,BRUCE!!

seadove
05-08-2003, 11:48 PM
I don\'t know about you guys, and even worse, I really don\'t know where to post this request, but I think that there is definately a communication deffeciency in this forum.

In the previous system, if you wanted to react to a post you just click on the \"reply\" button and when you post the reply,you can clearly and easily see to which post you are reacting, and to whom.

In the present system we have lost this privilege, and it\'s certainly giving me quite a difficult time to read the threads, and I believe I\'m not the only one.

My humble question to Bruce: You have greatly improved the forum format and posting abilities, is there any way you can add on the missing \"linkage\" facility?

Thank you sir.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

DrSmellThis
05-09-2003, 12:20 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
I don\'t know about you guys, and even worse, I really don\'t know where to post this request, but I think that there is definately a communication deffeciency in this forum.

In the previous system, if you wanted to react to a post you just click on the \"reply\" button and when you post the reply,you can clearly and easily see to which post you are reacting, and to whom.

In the present system we have lost this privilege, and it\'s certainly giving me quite a difficult time to read the threads, and I believe I\'m not the only one.

My humble question to Bruce: You have greatly improved the forum format and posting abilities, is there any way you can add on the missing \"linkage\" facility?

Thank you sir.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">
In the mean time, this is a bit cumbersome, but at least it is clear.

Watcher
05-09-2003, 12:53 AM
In the meantime, to overcome the cumbersome problem put

Re: DrSmellThis

Its time for some clarity, i guess not all overhauls will work to improve communication aspects.

seadove
05-09-2003, 01:03 AM
Well I definately would like to know who is talking to who, and who is answering who.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

franki
05-09-2003, 01:06 AM
That is strange. I don\'t have a problem with it at all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

seadove
05-09-2003, 01:11 AM
That is strange. I don\'t have a problem with it at all.

Ok, here\'s a good example, thank you Franki.

There were three posters, me and two others.

Can you please indicate to us to which poster you are referring?

This one is easy though.There are other posts more complicated in nature, it is sometimes extremely and utterly impossible to find out who is talking to who!!

Yesterday I nearly fought with Elana because I thought her post was referring to mine!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

franki
05-09-2003, 01:13 AM

Can you please indicate to us to which poster you are referring?

Seadove, it is not that important whom I am replying to. The three of you were all discussing the same subject. I am taking part in that discussion with my post, without replying to a particular post.

Franki /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

seadove
05-09-2003, 01:15 AM
The angle of the dangle is inversely proportionate to the mass of the ass provided that the heat of the meat remains constant.

Right?

franki
05-09-2003, 01:15 AM
The angle of the dangle is inversely proportionate to the mass of the ass provided that the heat of the meat remains constant.

Right?

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\"> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

seadove
05-09-2003, 01:17 AM
This is proving my point.

Why did you think I was referring to you Franki?

franki
05-09-2003, 01:18 AM
I wasn\'t thinking you were referring to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I just didn\'t understand your post in the context of this thread. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

seadove
05-09-2003, 01:23 AM
And if I was approaching the doc?

Maybe he understood?

Do you remember the story about the Babylonian Tower from the bible?

They babylonians decided to build a huge tower so that they can reach G-d, and as punishment G-d destroyed the tower and disbursed the jews to all corners of the world and had them talk different languages and people couldn\'t understand each other?

Well then, we have here a mini Babylonian syndrome.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

frenchie
05-09-2003, 03:45 AM
\"Well I definately would like to know who is talking to who, and who is answering who.\"

I agree with you, Seadove. I really think this info is missing.
I\'d also love to just know who is who (age &amp; sex mainly). This forum is one of the best I\'ve ever seen, on such a hot theme (pheromones), and I wouldn\'t like it to become like any other forum... we are here to share infos and ask for good advise, aren\'t we ?

Frenchie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

EXIT63
05-09-2003, 05:20 AM
In the previous system, if you wanted to react to a post you just click on the \"reply\" button and when you post the reply,you can clearly and easily see to which post you are reacting, and to whom

Just for the record. I brought up this issue on day 1.
But nobody ever listens to me. (for good reason).

And Seadove, if you\'re having trouble following along.......

seadove
05-09-2003, 05:41 AM

I reiterated before you.

My G-d you do sound like me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

We are having a scitzophrenic anxiety reaction, both of us!!

EXIT63
05-09-2003, 05:45 AM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I don\'t follow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Xehupatl
05-09-2003, 08:54 AM
Re: TIME TO SOLVE COMMUNICATION PROBLEM,BRUCE!!
#73702 - 05/09/03 03:20 PM Edit Reply Quote

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the previous system, if you wanted to react to a post you just click on the \"reply\" button and when you post the reply,you can clearly and easily see to which post you are reacting, and to whom

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just for the record. I brought up this issue on day 1.
But nobody ever listens to me. (for good reason).

Yeah I think we agreed that it would be best for members to do the RE:\"insertmembernamehere\" \'manually\'.

But it looks like we\'ve got a bunch of lazy asses on this forum! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

belgareth
05-09-2003, 09:29 AM
It\'s real easy, start your reply with the name of the person you are replying too. You can even copy and paste it from the previous post.

tallmacky
05-09-2003, 12:56 PM
that reply function was pretty cool, and it seems it is probably easy to turn back on or change.

belgareth
05-09-2003, 01:01 PM
That depends on whether it is built into the latest version. If it isn\'t, it could entail some very expensive programing.

seadove
05-10-2003, 08:18 AM
But it looks like we\'ve got a bunch of lazy asses on this forum!

Guys, this is not a matter of laziness.Most of us are very busy and some even try to answer or post during working hours or in recess.

We really don\'t have ample time in our hands.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Elana
05-10-2003, 08:35 AM
We really don\'t have ample time in our hands.

Sure we do, lazy dude!

pelotudo
05-10-2003, 08:35 AM
But it looks like we\'ve got a bunch of lazy asses on this forum!

I\'m going to be the first to say that I am one of those people :P. Either way, can we get the reply to line here?

-Jon

seadove
05-10-2003, 08:41 AM
I\'m going to be the first to say that I am one of those people :P. Either way, can we get the reply to line here?

If we\'re persistant and burn a few tires, yes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

pelotudo
05-10-2003, 08:45 AM
lol. I\'ve got a couple, lets get some gas and a match. Meet me over at my place Sea, we\'ll send a signal Bruce simply cannot ignore.

If that fails, we can always break in to his secret phero storage facility, steal a couple hundred cases of NPA, and threaten to create mass instantanous female masturbation by throwing it all over the downtown streets of New York unless he gives us our freaking reply to line. That\'ll teach em.

-Jon

seadove
05-10-2003, 08:50 AM
Meet me over at my place Sea

I\'ve been called a dove before, but this is the first time someone calls me Sea. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

pelotudo
05-10-2003, 08:51 AM
Meet me over at my place Sea

I\'ve been called a dove before, but this is the first time someone calls me Sea. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

You know...sea, dove, it\'s all the same. We\'re going to be killing some doves soon enough as soon as this blazing inferno gets a going, so what\'s it matter :P

seadove
05-10-2003, 08:57 AM
You know...sea, dove, it\'s all the same. We\'re going to be killing some doves soon enough as soon as this blazing inferno gets a going, so what\'s it matter :P

Time to tell you folks where my name came from.

Remember Noah\'s ark? who told Noah that everything\'s cool after the great floods?

A \"sea\" Dove with a leaf in his mouth!!

I am a firm believer of peace. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pelotudo
05-10-2003, 08:59 AM
Ack, whelp, there went my whole joke. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

seadove
05-10-2003, 09:02 AM
Ack, whelp, there went my whole joke.

The real joke is, your : p is not working.

Ha ha ha ha ha .

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
05-10-2003, 09:13 AM
!! Why is it always New York? Why never D.C.??

pelotudo
05-10-2003, 09:16 AM
We\'re comin there next FTR, you\'ll get plenty of chances to break out in instantenous masturbation for us.

seadove
05-10-2003, 09:18 AM
!! Why is it always New York? Why never D.C.??

Ummmm Helllllooo?

Eustin to FTR, Eustin to FTR?

Can you read? OVER!!

What the hell are you talking about Renee?

Or is it your donation to my point about the Babylonian Tower?.....OVER.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif