PDA

View Full Version : Q for Dr. SmellThis

monesrule
05-07-2003, 10:59 AM
Have you changed your mix at all that you were using a couple months ago? Also, did you say you prefer female gold version of amouage?

Any changes in what you do and how are the reactions coming along? I know you were saying how women kept wanting to f-ck you in the back of the coffee shop. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Whiffy
05-07-2003, 04:32 PM
F- you in the back of a coffee shop?!? Damn, what was that mix again?

**DONOTDELETE**
05-07-2003, 04:33 PM
It was a couple of women, too, if I recall correctly!

pelotudo
05-07-2003, 06:07 PM
We need to find what this is QUICK

monesrule
05-07-2003, 06:08 PM
search the posts on \"amouage.\"

a few incidents occured within a week of women wanting him. however, i haven\'t seen his post hit stories since.

**DONOTDELETE**
05-07-2003, 06:09 PM
Last I heard he was in dead serious mode and turning down anything other than Ms.Right. No luck for Ms. Right Now.

monesrule
05-07-2003, 06:15 PM
i think he turned down some of the women that week. he doesn\'t seem like a guy who is all about playing.... he is probably past all that

**DONOTDELETE**
05-07-2003, 06:16 PM
He turned them all down. I was disappointed. Was hoping for some juicy stories.

Oh, well. Just have to write them myself, I guess. <sigh>

pelotudo
05-07-2003, 06:18 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
He turned them all down. I was disappointed. Was hoping for some juicy stories.

Oh, well. Just have to write them myself, I guess. &lt;sigh&gt;

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Let me know if u need any \"test\" subjects, I enjoy coffee shops..especially the back rooms, and I got plenty of NPA as long as you have the cops /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

monesrule
05-07-2003, 06:21 PM
oh don\'t worry about juicy stories. you\'ll be getting one after tomorrow. just don\'t expect anything too long because writing is not my thing.

**DONOTDELETE**
05-07-2003, 06:25 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Maybe spelling not so much. You seem to do ok with the writing.

seadove
05-08-2003, 02:25 AM
FTR:He turned them all down. I was disappointed. Was hoping for some juicy stories.

YOU were disappointed? Are you one of the women from behind the coffee shop?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

DrSmellThis
05-08-2003, 02:27 AM
I\'ve not officially changed the formula, but have been doing some weird experimenting with some other chemicals I\'m testing. (possibly a new mone formula) So my results have been like a roller coaster lately.

That search should work...

DrSmellThis
05-08-2003, 02:28 AM
either the M or F Gold work best with my chem.

travis
05-08-2003, 03:39 AM
amouage

how do you pronounce it?

seadove
05-08-2003, 03:44 AM

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

amouage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

how do you pronounce it?

AM - WAAJ

franki
05-08-2003, 03:54 AM
I would say A - MOO - WAASH /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

seadove
05-08-2003, 03:57 AM
I would say A - MOO - WAASH

No, that\'s too Mooishly pronounced. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Why not ask Frenchie?

Hey Frenchie, How do you pronounce Amouage?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

monesrule
05-08-2003, 05:34 AM
Dr Smellthis

&lt;but have been doing some weird experimenting with some other chemicals I\'m testing. &gt;&gt; Do you develop these things yourself or do you have friends who are scientists who you do this with??

I just posted on the \"trying to caputure sweat\" thread about us trying to find more mones because there are a ton out there other then the five on love scent, and we could get far greater responses with fuller profile.

travis
05-08-2003, 05:53 AM
Is there a perfume of this \"amouage gold for men?\"

monesrule
05-08-2003, 05:56 AM
its 200 bucks. read people\'s reviews by doing a search before you buy it.
www.amouage.com (\"http://www.amouage.com\")

travis
05-08-2003, 06:06 AM
I dont see perfume...what they have is EDT, unless your talking about for women

monesrule
05-08-2003, 06:10 AM
you are looking for perfume for men? don\'t u mean colgone for men?

they got that

franki
05-08-2003, 06:13 AM
Guys, the Amouage Eau de Toilettes are so strong that they are almost Eau de Parfume strength.

Franki /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

travis
05-08-2003, 06:14 AM
what I\'m looking is Perfume....isn\'t it EDT and cologne are pretty much the same? Perfume is much stronger than the two.

monesrule
05-08-2003, 06:25 AM
what is the difference between perfume and EDT? I just thought it was about being male and female versions or something

franki
05-08-2003, 06:31 AM
No,

Perfume is more concentrated than EDT, and EDT is more concentrated than cologne. We often use the word cologne when we really mean EDT.

Franki /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

monesrule
05-08-2003, 06:32 AM
wait EDT is more concentrated then perfume? where does perfume then stack up in relation to cologne?

Elana
05-08-2003, 06:35 AM
No....perfume is more concentrated than EDT

franki
05-08-2003, 06:35 AM
Sorry, I meant to say:

No,

perfume is more concentrated than EdT

monesrule
05-08-2003, 06:38 AM
so does that mean that it has less alcholol, carrier oil or whatever, and more essential oils, etc?

Is the difference just in the dilution?

DrSmellThis
05-08-2003, 07:28 AM
I just throw whatever into a bottle with alcohol. I\'m also trying some different perfumery mones. If I had access to bulk perfume chem supplies I\'d try to get folks some.

monesrule
05-08-2003, 07:36 AM
i swear some of these perfumaries put a hint of mone/aphrodisiac like substances in their mix.

is there any literature or something on the web that has information on the things that you describe as \"whatever\" as in \"throw whatever into alchohol\"

DrSmellThis
05-08-2003, 07:41 AM
I am keeping some things to myself pending further developments.

All perfumers use pheromones. They have their own version of -rone, for ex, which is derived from essential oil.

monesrule
05-08-2003, 07:46 AM
it is obvious you are keeping stuff to yourself. Perhaps this is for potential financial reasons. But without revealing everything, more information would serve to help people on this board.

The scientific community is built on sharing information. Perhaps you are afraid board members will misinterpret your preliminary findings and jump the gun?

travis
05-08-2003, 09:17 AM
I just placed an order of Amouage Gold Flask ladies perfume for my girlfriend at Parfums Raffy and I also ordered the mens version.

Elana
05-08-2003, 09:18 AM
Have you smelled them yet?

travis
05-08-2003, 09:26 AM
My girlfriend said she had those long time ago and she loves it, so I guess it smells good. She said if she could afford to buy one she will, she doesn\'t know that I am buying her one. She also said that she likes the mens version too.

Elana
05-08-2003, 09:28 AM
It seems like this forum is divided on the Gold vs. Dia. I think the Dia is hands down the best. The Gold ladies version smells like something my great Aunt would wear. Both the men\'s gold and Dia are wonderful, however I think the Dia is better. JMHO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

travis
05-08-2003, 09:36 AM
The Gold ladies version smells like something my great Aunt would wear

Don\'t scare me now.....did it smelled good?

Elana
05-08-2003, 09:40 AM
Don\'t scare me now.....did it smelled good?

For Elizabeth Taylor....not me. It doesn\'t have a youthful scent. Why don\'t you call them right now and change your order to the $30.00 sampler pack. That way you can try them all out before you spend a lot of $$$.

Elana
05-08-2003, 09:45 AM
Amouage sample set 8 samples
Women\'s: Gold , Silver Cristal, Dia, Ubar
Men\'s: Gold, Silver Cristal, Silver Cologne, Dia $30.00

Parfumes Rally
(818) 342-7848

Elana
05-08-2003, 09:45 AM
I even like the Silver for women much more than the gold.

travis
05-08-2003, 09:51 AM
Thanks ........I\"ll do that...My order was the Gold Flask I\'ll reverse my order now.

EXIT63
05-08-2003, 09:54 AM
I like mens silver crystal the best. Unfortunately it\'s the smallest sample in the package. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

monesrule
05-08-2003, 09:54 AM
yea, i was going to say there is silver too. i like DIA bettter then gold, but the thing is, people get gold because is it theorized to have more animal phermones in it because it is muskier

BassMan
05-08-2003, 11:11 AM
Here\'s a strange one. Couple of days ago, I got my bottle of Gold for Men. It smells quite different than the sample did. Top notes are _very_ different, heart is somewhat sweeter, dry down is very similar. I smelled a lot of frankincense and myrrh in the sample, which I liked a lot; the bottle smells much more floral - almost a Chanel No5 smell.

I have written Claudia (?) about it, she is sending me another sample for comparison. Anyone else notice anything like this? Anyone willing to take a crack at guessing whether my sample or bottle are more typical?

**DONOTDELETE**
05-08-2003, 11:19 AM
A friend sent me some Amouage samples he had ordered from another site, not direct ... I could hardly smell them at all, and they left a funny taste in my mouth.

I haven\'t opened the samples I got from Wendy yet. I\'m going to open one tomorrow night. But I hope they\'re better/different. Everyone keeps saying how Amouage has so much staying power -- I can\'t smell it five minutes after I\'ve put it on, if the samples are true. (hope not)

monesrule
05-08-2003, 11:27 AM
i found my samples had really great staying power. Better then anything else i have used.

I wonder if the smell different because of the time of year some of the ingredients is gathered (i.e frankinscense), and the diversity of the ingredients.

BassMan
05-08-2003, 11:42 AM
i found my samples had really great staying power. Better then anything else i have used.

I wonder if the smell different because of the time of year some of the ingredients is gathered (i.e frankinscense), and the diversity of the ingredients.

I wondered that also, since the ingredients are natural. According to Amouage, there should not have been a difference in scent, so I guess they blend the stuff to make up for those differences. But there is a BIG difference in what I received. I love the sample, i\'m not pleased with the bottle at all when I first apply it. After an hour or so, they smell quite similar.

I also find the stuff has great staying power. After reading Renee\'s post, I\'m starting to wonder about their QA...

travis
05-08-2003, 11:55 AM
I called up my sister-in-law in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emerates) to check the price of Amouage...she told me that the prices over there is cheaper compared here in the US

travis
05-08-2003, 12:28 PM
Keep in mind I had -mones on too. Tuesday I went into the coffee shop restroom and put some Amouage on. I came out and walked by a young hippie chick. She then stood motionlesss by my table with her tea untill I offered her a seat. She chose the chair directly in front of me. She sat in front of me and stared deeply into my eyes for a half hour, like in a real freaky, intense sort of way, and asked me for a walk. She told me she lives in the boondocks, and had a serious boyfriend she had just fallen in love with. She then asked me to meet her next Tuesday when she returns to town, and told me to call her. Outside, she gave me a grinding 5 minute full body hug like a pro wrestler. I tried to break away but couldn\'t. I finally do leave the coffee shop parking lot and go to the store to buy a cigar. An attractive, thin women (40 but looks 20 - pro hiker) gets behind me in line and tells me she\'s lonely because it\'s Fat Tuesday. So I take her across the street for some whiskey. An hour later we start talking about sex nonstop, and she says she wants to f*ck me immediately. She follows me out to my car to \"smoke with you.\" She says she\'s a lesbian, and doesn\'t normally do this. Again I escape with my pants intact. I picked a hell of a time to take a break from sex.

Interesting

oscar
05-08-2003, 12:29 PM
For those who wonder about the comparative strengths of fragrance products (Parfum, Cologne, EdT, etc.), there is a chart at the bottom of the page linked below.
While I cannot positively attest to its accuracy, it does provide a context that I\'ve found useful for creating scents using fragrance and essential oils.

http://www.fragrancesupplies.com/mak_per.htm#Formulation%20Table (\"http://www.fragrancesupplies.com/mak_per.htm#Formulation%20Table\")

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DrSmellThis
05-08-2003, 05:30 PM
My original sample was a ladies formula, but was given to me as the men\'s by someone(not by Wendy). I haven\'t found any variation in batches, but I\'m sure there probably are.

However, FTR, I wouldn\'t trust something soemone else has touched, as even with the alcohol base, a touch can contaminate. I learned this the hard way with a perfume I worked on for a YEAR, when my buddy put his skanky ass hand on the mouth of the bottle on inverted it, changing the smell completely. I almost killed him.

**DONOTDELETE**
05-08-2003, 06:35 PM
Oh, that\'s a shame!