PDA

View Full Version : Mones w/ Axe

silvertri
05-06-2003, 04:52 PM
Have any of you tryed getting hits with mones and axe? I heard TE w/ Axe can cause some good hits. Does axe go good with any other mones like AE?

Phantom
05-06-2003, 05:16 PM
It matters which Axe.

silvertri
05-06-2003, 05:18 PM
how about tsuami

pelotudo
05-06-2003, 06:17 PM
Tsuanmi is the best smelling one IMHO (and a poll done to women). Orion/Apollo is good too. Voodoo is what I have not, and kind of stinks until you start to sweat...then it smells really good. I guess the mixture of my natural scents makes it really sweet smelling.

silvertri
05-06-2003, 06:28 PM
poll done? Would axe have a greater effect with TE or AE? Should i save the extra 20 dollars? Or do you think i should just get the newbie set to start with?

monesrule
05-06-2003, 06:31 PM
axe is garbage. its only beenefit is that it is a cheap cover. do not worry about your cover that much.

silvertri
05-06-2003, 06:34 PM
what\'s good then?

pelotudo
05-06-2003, 06:36 PM
The best cover is going to be APC, or one of the IR colognes. The problem with most colognes is that they are alcohol based, and will die out before the smell of the TE goes away. The oil based scented products (APC and some colognes) last longer and will cover better. BOD does a good job for me. Axe is like $3.00, so it\'s not like you\'re going to break yourself trying it. I would suggest getting some APC if you don\'t have any. AE has a good smell already and doesn\'t really need to be covered. Save for some APC or try BOD out.

-Jon

monesrule
05-06-2003, 06:37 PM
axe is fine. it is not bad. just do not sweat it so much. your only real aim is to elimate phermone stink. If you have some colognes, they will work too, just more expensive stuff to use. plus you want something that is not too heavy but not to light that they mones will penetrate through with their scent.

monesrule
05-06-2003, 06:37 PM
what is BOD

tallmacky
05-06-2003, 06:40 PM
If alot of you guys are checking out body sprays and so on, BOD kills AXE in the lasting scent (last much longer) and the strength of the scent. I tried AXE out but it was a weak scent with that aerosol crap, what was the point of wearing a cover scent if I could barely smell it.

pelotudo
05-06-2003, 06:41 PM
It\'s a bodyspray simiar to Axe. It came out before Axe, and Wal-Mart/Target/K-Mart all have it in the cologne sections. There\'s like 4 different scents: Really Ripped Abs (my fav), X (second fav), Blue Musk (ok), and one other. You can get like a 3 pack of the smaller bottles to carry with you for like $7.00. They had commercials all over for it a while back.

BOD Webpage (\"http://www.parfumsdecoeur.com/BODHome.asp\")

-Jon

monesrule
05-06-2003, 06:44 PM
wow. something even cheesier than axe. i don\'t doubt they smelll good though. i wish the website would describe the smells.

bundyburger
05-06-2003, 10:24 PM
I wouldn\'t knock AXE/LYNX so quickly. A lot of girls like guys wearing it. I\'ve had comments on it. I\'ll believe them, before I beleive what a guy thinks of it on himself.

It doesn\'t beat a good cologne, but how many here can afford to wear cologne every day??

frenchie
05-06-2003, 11:13 PM
hi all,
I was wondering about Axe/Lynx (Axe in France) : I saw the ad on TV, which is absolutely fantastic (the one with Room5 music and this guys dancing so well), and it made me want to try it. (I work for marketing companies, that\'s why I\'m curious about almost everything).
So I went to the supermarket and tried all they had : Pulse, Arctic something, anti-hangover, musk... I personally find the smell too artificial and too chemical for most of them, and I don\'t like musk. The only one I liked is anti-hangover (a green product with some air bubbles in it), quite fresh. Pulse is a bit too strong in the beginning but seems to get better after several hours, maybe it\'s better as a shower gel than as a deo spray - they say it has sandalwood and basil.
I was also wondering if you guys use Axe as a deo spray or shower gel...

bundyburger
05-07-2003, 12:01 AM
Hi frenchie,
I use Axe (lynx here) as a deoderent spray everyday.
Sounds like you guys have different names there. I don\'t like some of the more chemical scents but don\'t mind \'Voodoo\' or \'Pheonix\'

I have the shower gel for the \'Dimension\' version that came in a gift set I got for xmas but haven\'t used it yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hungry
05-07-2003, 02:45 AM
Dimension smells like oranges. Mmmmm. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I don\'t use it in the morning though, because I always wear a good cologne, but I\'ll use it as a refresher in the afternoon after the cologne dies out. I just keep a bottle in the office. It looks a little weird or vain or whatever refreshing your cologne in the office, but nobody looks twice if you refresh your deodorant.

Hungry