franki
05-05-2003, 10:40 PM
I am trying out a \"sticky\" thread ..

franki
05-05-2003, 10:41 PM
Post deleted by franki

TBiRD
05-05-2003, 11:01 PM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehooooooooooooooooooooooow we got sticky yicky yicky threads !

Now we can put up sticky FAQ threads for newbs
Sticky threads for important news , and sticky threads for VERY important posts , like those by scientist from the archives /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Finally my prayers have been heard !

bundyburger
05-05-2003, 11:43 PM
Franki, Can you limit who posts in a sticky thread?? That\'d be handy too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

franki
05-05-2003, 11:47 PM
There is a possibility to close a thread (no more posts) and then re-open it again.

Franki /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bubu
05-05-2003, 11:49 PM
My coffee is sticky in the working mornings here too..

pelotudo
05-06-2003, 03:48 AM
Awesome. Suggestions for things that belone here:

CK\'s mix Vault
Scientists infamous pheromone calculations (How much per spray, dab, etc)

EXIT63
05-06-2003, 03:49 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Awesome. Suggestions for things that belone here:

CK\'s mix Vault
Scientists infamous pheromone calculations (How much per spray, dab, etc)

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Elanas Breasts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

pelotudo
05-06-2003, 03:55 AM
Oh yeah. That\'s a given :P

DryGin
05-06-2003, 04:11 AM
Hi everyone. I am a newbie. What is a sticky thread?

EXIT63
05-06-2003, 04:17 AM
A sticky thread is a thread that stays put. It doesn\'t get buried by other threads.

jose
05-06-2003, 05:24 AM
A good sticky thread would be hit stories.

Xehupatl
05-06-2003, 05:35 AM
HEY LOOK AT ME - I\'M POSTING IN A STICKY THREAD!! WOOHOO

I\'d suggest a sticky thread saying something like this:
<font color=\"red\">Subject:</font> All newbies must read this first or die!
<font color=\"blue\">Message:</font> Read the pheromone reference material fist.
Then read through all the archives and all the posts ever made.
If you find that no one has ever addressed your particular question, feel free to post it.
If you came here to ask if pheromones are \"for real\" or if they really really work, get outta here now.
If you\'ve come to look at Elana\'s breasts, feel free to stare ... I mean stay ... I mean stay away!
If you\'re gonna ask what the best of everything is (best product, application, mix) - get outta here now.
If you do decide to post such a question, you\'ll have to give us a dollar.
HAVE A NICE DAY!

CptKipling
05-06-2003, 10:13 AM
Maybe this one should be deleted, and then make a new one called \"Look here first\" or something. Then put in a few specific things, and stop anyone from posting in it.

But i also like the idea of a newbie forum, but then you would get newbies who think they know enough still coming here and asking questions that are only a search away!

franki
05-06-2003, 10:24 AM
Maybe someone can make a post with all the relevant information for newbs and also some information for all of us like Scientist\'s drops calculation etc. I can make that post sticky and will delete this thread.

Does that sound good, (Bruce?)?

**DONOTDELETE**
05-06-2003, 10:40 AM
And what makes you think the newbs will read that when they don\'t read any of the other stuff we\'ve worked our asses off to make available to them?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

franki
05-06-2003, 10:43 AM
I know ...

When I go to other forums and I see a sticky thread on top that says \"Read this before you post!\", I am going to read everything BUT that thread ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

We could give it a try though. The current link to the pheromone reference material is too hard too find for a lot of newbies.

Mtnjim
05-06-2003, 11:02 AM
\"\"Read this before you post!\", I am going to read everything BUT that thread ...\"

How about \"No Newbes Allowed\"?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Xehupatl
05-06-2003, 12:01 PM
Well, most of the sticky threads with \"read this before...\" I have seen recently have like 15 pages with 500 posts in them ...
if we keep it short, point a big \'ol red arrow to it and include \"... or else!\" that should make it more \'appealing\'.

Xehupatl
05-06-2003, 12:04 PM
OR Bruce could include a lengthy \'pop quiz on mones\' on the registration form.
Or let\'s see a sign-up fee of $1000 (present members exluded, of course) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gerund
05-06-2003, 12:32 PM
I think a Newbie Forum is a hell of an idea.

We could put in a couple of sticky threads with relevant accumulated wisdom, but the main idea is that all of the newbies could congregate there and share all of their questions and relate all of their trial &amp; error experiences with like-minded forum members at the same stage of experimentation, the same way most of us did years ago.

Gerund &lt;---------- an Oldie, but a Goodie

DryGin
05-06-2003, 01:29 PM
Maybe someone can make a post with all the relevant information for newbs and also some information for all of us like Scientist\'s drops calculation etc. I can make that post sticky and will delete this thread.

Does that sound good, (Bruce?)?

Franki- I would read it. Quite frankly I have been just about everywhere I can figure out how to get to (not all that computer literate) except for possibly reading every post ever made here. Franki if you write it I will read!!

tallmacky
05-06-2003, 03:57 PM
newbie forum is a great idea.

Watcher
05-06-2003, 05:19 PM
Yes those repetitive newbie questions can be answered in a newbie forum, and the pheromone forum would be for more advanced discussions.

Alquimista
05-06-2003, 08:49 PM
I guess Bruce would check what are the F.A.Q. of Newbies at the forum, collect then I make a book with the answers for those questions, and send this book with the Newbie Set Pack. One of the things that I missed more on my Newbie Set Pack was CONCRETE INFORMATION! The info there is very superficial. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Watcher
05-07-2003, 01:50 AM
So why does this thread refuse to drop out of 1st place, i guess the red tack mark image has something to do with it, franki can it drop off to the open discussion thread, we all agree a newbie section is needed.

franki
05-07-2003, 01:55 AM
I think a sticky thread on top of this forum is a good idea. I will leave this up here until we have a real thread with all the info, ok?

ToBeOrNotToBe
05-07-2003, 02:30 AM
And do u expect newbies to learn from each others? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I doubt that at least 10% of the actual phero pros haven\'t made some newbie questions some months or years ago...

tallmacky
05-07-2003, 02:33 AM
hmmm what my take on it is that, we have a forum for newbies but it will still be replied to and posted in by the pro\'s, its just keeping a majority of the newbie questions seperate and easier to answer.

ToBeOrNotToBe
05-07-2003, 02:35 AM
I really don\'t think the most part of the phero pros are going to the newbie phorum to answer some \"newbie questions\" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

\"nah... I hate these brainless newbies\" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Xehupatl
05-07-2003, 04:16 AM
yeah well those darned newbies ahould answer their own stupid repetitive questions!
Of course, any experienced member that DOES go over there will be looked up to as some kind of god/father/mother - figure.
mmmh ... \"king o\' the n00bs\" they\'ll call me ...

Bruce
05-07-2003, 05:13 AM
Good idea. We could make a sticky thread with links to the reference material and a brief note encouraging new folks to have a read there before posting.
Bruce

ToBeOrNotToBe
05-07-2003, 05:17 AM
yeah... that\'s a better idea. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

travis
05-07-2003, 05:18 AM
No matter what there will be always a newbie/s in this forum and redandant questions thats the reason why I think we have some \"Guro Phero\'s\" here to answer questions of the newbies.

Bruce
05-07-2003, 06:30 AM
No matter what there will be always a newbie/s in this forum and redandant questions thats the reason why I think we have some \"Guro Phero\'s\" here to answer questions of the newbies.

This is true. We get the same stock questions over and over by email too. My approach is to paste in the links for the basics, but at the same time be friendly and add something personal. No sense being rude.

Bruce

travis
05-07-2003, 06:58 AM
This is true. We get the same stock questions over and over by email too. My approach is to paste in the links for the basics, but at the same time be friendly and add something personal. No sense being rude.

I totally agree with you...I remember 4 years ago I was really accomodated by the members and you it feels great I feel at home too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Xehupatl
05-07-2003, 07:02 AM
Mem\'ries light the corners of my mind
Misty water-colored mem\'ries of the way we were

Scattered pictures of the smiles we left behind
Smiles we gave to one another for the way we were.

Can it be that it was all so simple then
Or has time rewritten every line
If we had the chance to do it all again,
tell me, would we, could we

Mem\'ries may be beautiful and yet
What\'s too painful to remember we simply choose to forget
So it\'s the laughter we will remember
Whenever we remember the way we were.

The way we were

Gerund
05-07-2003, 10:33 AM
Gerund &lt;----- Whistling theme tune from \"The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.\" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

tallmacky
05-07-2003, 12:52 PM
What were all those posts for then? I don\'t know but I think you guys are probably right there will always be the same amount of newbie questions, I am not sure why people ask the same questions maybe there should be a sticky thread showing how exactly to use the search function? I don\'t mind at all answering newbie questions or helping users over PM its all fun for me. I would constantly be in a newbie forum it would be hard for me to ignore etc... Either way I am just happy with this forum and community.

**DONOTDELETE**
05-07-2003, 06:21 PM
FTR &lt;-----whistling theme from \"The Exorcist\"

Coaching newbies is just part of being a forum member. ToBeOrNotToBe, everybody would go work on the newbie forum for a little while when they post, just like they go answer newbie questions now.

Maybe if the newbs were all in one place, tho, they wouldn\'t ask the same question over and over in the space of a day or two days.

But probably not. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

elvido
05-09-2003, 01:28 AM
I\'d include a sticky thread in the Health Forum on sexual enhancers and aphrodisiacs; characteristics, effects, recommended usage/dosage, and possible side effects.
Damiana, dhea, horny goat, yohimbe, L-arginine, etc