PDA

View Full Version : Scientifically speaking now.

seadove
05-04-2003, 01:07 AM
It\'s generaly false that within 2 points goes a straight line. Excepted, of course, if the 2 points are exactly facing each others.
In numerical analysis, you can have 2+2 = 5, for 2 big enough and 5 small enough.
A mathematician nightmare would be an epsilon going toward infinity when n goes toward zero.
A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems.
lim ( sqrt(8) ) = 3
8->9
A topologist is a man who doesn\'t know the difference between a coffee cup and a doughnut.
To understand recursion, you must first understand recursion.
97.3% of all statistics are made up.
It was mentioned on CNN that the new prime number discovered recently is four times bigger then the previous record.
The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth. (Niels Bohr)
Before I die, I hope that someone will explain quantum mechanics to me. After I die, I hope that God will explain turbulence to me. (W. Heisenberg)
The goal of science is to build better mousetraps. The goal of nature is to build better mice.
Half of the people in the world are below average.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, however, there is.
The light at the end of the tunnel is usually a \"No Exit\" sign.
Philosophy is a game with objectives and no rules. Mathematics is a game with rules and no objectives.
The speed of time is one second per second.
Life is complex. It has real and imaginary components.
If parallel lines meet at infinity - infinity must be a very noisy place with all those lines crashing together !
The average human has one testical and one breast and less that two legs...
Science is Truth; don\'t be misled by facts.
Points have no parts or joints. How then can they combine To form a line?
God made the natural integers numbers. The others, were man-made. (Weierstrass)
Math is like love -- a simple idea but it can get complicated.
Black Holes sucks...
Theoretical Physics is a science locally isomorphic to Mathematics.
A probability is a desperate attempt of chaos to become stable.
Black Holes are where God is dividing by zero.
At first, God said :
Rot E = -dB/dt
Div D = rho
Div B = 0
Rot H = j + dD/dt
and there was the light. (J.C. Maxwell)
Whatever the missing mass of the universe is, I hope it\'s not cockroaches.
Absolute zero is *cool*.
What is a quantum particle? The dreams that stuff is made of...
\"Here Kitty,Kitty\" (Schrodinger) [my favourite !]
Gravitation can not be held responsible for people falling in love. (Albert Einstein)
A couple of months in the laboratory can frequently save a couple of hours in the library.
Chemists are the *cleanest* people you\'ll ever meet... they wash their hands even *before* they go to the restroom!
Biology is the only science in which multiplication means the same thing as division.
Life is a sexually transmitted disease.
Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without any proof.
A theory is something nobody believes, except the person who made it. An experiment is something everybody believes, except the person who made it.
The must incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible. (Albert Einstein)
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age 18. (Albert Einstein)
You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother. (Albert Einstein)
Experimental confirmation of a prediction is merely a measurement. An experiment disproving a prediction is a discovery. (Enrico Fermi)
Computers are useless. They can only give you answers. (Pablo Picasso)
Real discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes. (Proust)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif