PDA

View Full Version : Question for women

monesrule
05-03-2003, 08:59 AM
When you see an attractive guy, do you often avoid eye contact to play it cool? I definitely have done this around really hot women (well i used to) and i think guys do this with women.

So do you \"pretend\" not to notice??

**DONOTDELETE**
05-03-2003, 04:07 PM
If I am strongly attracted to a guy on sight, I will avoid eye contact and even keep my face averted or hide behind my hair because I feel so self-conscious and I know that if I did look him in the eye, he would be able to see how I felt, and maybe I would be embarassed, and maybe I can feel myself blushing and I don\'t want him to see that, so I don\'t make direct eye contact until I have some sign from him that it\'s going to be ok.

And sometimes even then I can\'t talk and I can\'t look in his eyes for more than a second at a time, because it\'s just too much stimulation and I feel overwhelmed.

It\'s not premeditated or a game, at least for me. It\'s more like suddenly feeling very exposed and not being comfortable with that.

Phantom
05-03-2003, 04:19 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
If I am strongly attracted to a guy on sight, I will avoid eye contact and even keep my face averted or hide behind my hair because I feel so self-conscious and I know that if I did look him in the eye, he would be able to see how I felt, and maybe I would be embarassed, and maybe I can feel myself blushing and I don\'t want him to see that, so I don\'t make direct eye contact until I have some sign from him that it\'s going to be ok.

And sometimes even then I can\'t talk and I can\'t look in his eyes for more than a second at a time, because it\'s just too much stimulation and I feel overwhelmed.

It\'s not premeditated or a game, at least for me. It\'s more like suddenly feeling very exposed and not being comfortable with that.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\"> That\'s the same thing that happens to girls when I put on close to OD amounts of TE/NPA, Maybe i\'m on to something....

tallmacky
05-03-2003, 04:41 PM
Good point phantom I get those alot. I am sure FTR steals some stares when she knows he is not looking, or does she know he\'s not looking.

I know exactly what FTR is saying, its like this person has this unfair power over you, its really rare for me to feel this way about a girl. One girl that I have liked since like 10th grade I cannot even look at or act myself when I am around her I shut down and act like a robot don\'t want her to find holes, she has alot of power over me I am not even sure why I like her so much, I think we could make really good babies though when I think about it(must be a reason why). When she turns her head there I go starring again I think I have been caught a few times ahhwell, Maybe its obvious, I can\'t talk very well around her (can never hear her and I think I stutter), personality is limited around her, and some other stuff.

Hey FTR does SDR still have that effect or is this more of a pure attraction thing?

**DONOTDELETE**
05-03-2003, 05:06 PM
If it weren\'t for the internet, SDR wouldn\'t know one thing about who I am. I can look at him but I still can\'t really talk around him. He can make me too overcome to look at him if he wants me to, too, still.

Enticing
05-03-2003, 05:20 PM
It\'s good to know that at my age, I am not the only one feeling like a geeky teenager in lust when this happens to me. You\'d think we\'d grow out of it, right? The whole \"OMG I can\'t look at him\", hands sweaty, eyes averted, tongue tied thing. It\'s good on one hand, it\'s an intense rush of emotion, but on the other hand, pishes me off because I can be such a great and witty flirt when I\'m *not* knee-deep into awkward geekdom! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
05-03-2003, 05:22 PM
High school never ends.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

tallmacky
05-03-2003, 05:35 PM
yeah, I know what exactly is the evolutionary point of that? I personally don\'t like it, its only one person though no one else really does that well except mayber another girl not like that though. Maybe she had crotch rot one day and I got a wiff of her copulins. (gotta stop relating everything to pheros.)

**DONOTDELETE**
05-03-2003, 05:49 PM
It\'s to keep you humble.

Enticing
05-03-2003, 05:53 PM
Not sure if there is any \'evolutionary\' significance to it. I doubt very much the wildebeast gets tongue tied or sweaty hooves when it wants to mate. I\'m purty sure they just go right up to their intended and start snorting and pawing the ground... LOL

Just yanking your chain, macky. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

tallmacky
05-03-2003, 05:59 PM
Not sure if there is any \'evolutionary\' significance to it. I doubt very much the wildebeast gets tongue tied or sweaty hooves when it wants to mate. I\'m purty sure they just go right up to their intended and start snorting and pawing the ground... LOL

Just yanking your chain, macky. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

hahah its ok, I sure hope you have time to yank a bit more south, yeah I am not sure, I really get shaken up (no one else does that to me) and I have no idea whether she likes me or not and I think its way too late in the game to even give it consideration, screw it.

I just would like to procreate with her in the future and have a super baby.

(I have overdone my posting, nothing at all to do today but computer work.)

monesrule
05-03-2003, 07:55 PM
so these guys you react to wouldn\'t even realize that you have a hint of interest?

i\'ve been through the same thing when i was shier in the past. it got in the way of anything developing

**DONOTDELETE**
05-03-2003, 10:17 PM
I don\'t know what they think, really.

Enticing
05-04-2003, 04:19 AM
so these guys you react to wouldn\'t even realize that you have a hint of interest?

It\'s just that I would have to make a concerted effort to make my interest known, all the while burning alot more blood sugar. You know, heart thumping, slightly out of breath, stuttering eye contact.... LOL It really sucks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

nonscents
05-05-2003, 05:03 AM
Body Language Secrets by R. Don Steele

page 29
DOWNCAST EYES
Women, if you are interested, look down before looking away. This [is] your first act of submission and the first sign of reassurance that he will not be hurt if he comes over and talks with you.

Men, when you are the object of interest, after she has held your gaze long enough, give her a slight nod and a slight smile to acknowledge her existence then look away.

After breaking off, if the other person preens or changes posture to erect and ready, you have his, or her, interest. Shortly afterwards, if the person turns so the front of their body faces you when they are not looking in your direction, that\'s strong interest.

Elana
05-05-2003, 05:07 AM
Does it say anything in your book about, if you look at a guy and he screams at you \"what are you looking at, loser? Get away from me, you skank.\" What does that mean? Should I then approch him, or act hard to get? I just can\'t read you guys sometimes.

**DONOTDELETE**
05-05-2003, 05:12 AM
hee hee hee

EXIT63
05-05-2003, 05:25 AM
Does it say anything in your book about, if you look at a guy and he screams at you \"what are you looking at, loser? Get away from me, you skank.\"

Yeah, I am sure that happens to you all the time!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

nonscents
05-05-2003, 05:34 AM
Does it say anything in your book about, if you look at a guy and he screams at you \"what are you looking at, loser? Get away from me, you skank.\" What does that mean? Should I then approch him, or act hard to get? I just can\'t read you guys sometimes.

Actually, the book deals with just this possibility. When she says, \"What are you <font color=\"blue\"> look</font>ing <font color=\"blue\">at</font>, loser? Get away from <font color=\"blue\">me</font>, you skank,\" where there the voice is inflected where you see blue font, she is using an unconscious Bivonic NLP confusional technique to get the male to approach her and put his hands in her panties.

Multiple, placebo-controlled, scientific studies demonstrate that this method has a 100% success rate.

Elana
05-05-2003, 05:42 AM
Thank you so much for clearing that up for me. It helped me make sense of something another guy said to me today. He said You are a stalking <font color=\"blue\">jerk </font> ! Leave <font color=\"blue\"> me </font> alone and F**k (\"F**k\") <font color=\"blue\"> off </font> .

Now I see that he was just telling me that he is very attracted to me and wants me to give him a hand job. Excellent! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

EXIT63
05-05-2003, 05:50 AM
Now Elana, are we going have to have the stalking conversation again? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Elana
05-05-2003, 05:53 AM
No /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Everything is under control. This time nobody is pressing charges.

Enticing
05-05-2003, 06:25 AM
BAaahahahahaa! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mondays can be very entertaining around here.. LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Gerund
05-05-2003, 03:16 PM

Yep, that\'s right. It all depends on whether he has a boner while he\'s screaming~ &lt;giggle&gt;