PDA

View Full Version : Glasses

ironration
05-02-2003, 09:52 PM
I have a question: Do you find men wearing glasses more or less attractive compared to men not wearing glasses?

I use glasses so I can see if there are any reactions when I try out pheromones. But I am starting to think that using glasses may be counterproductive.

bundyburger
05-02-2003, 10:49 PM
Unfortunately, I personally found out a long time ago that glasses were counter-productive for me. They don\'t always detract to every girl, but it immediately thins out the numbers.

I\'m lucky enough to be able to guage general reactions with out them, but if a girl makes eye contact accross the room I may not notice.

You may find a thread somewhere here by Bivonic that mentioned them. There was a bit of a discussion with the ladies back then.

Elana
05-03-2003, 02:42 AM
I love glasses on men after I have already seen them without glasses on.

Guys in glasses can be mighty cute. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

tallmacky
05-03-2003, 03:24 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
I love glasses on men after I have already seen them without glasses on.

Guys in glasses can be mighty cute. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">
hmmmm cute? that does not sound positive. That\'s odd how women can sometimes do that. It\'s like if asked if girls like guys who are 5\'2 and they say yeah I like all men short men are cute. hahahahhahaha

Elana
05-03-2003, 03:25 AM
It puts a different face on the big macho guy you have been with. It\'s a nice change. Trust me.....cute is good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Should I use the word adorable instead of cute? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

EXIT63
05-03-2003, 03:27 AM
Wear contacts.

Phantom
05-03-2003, 03:43 AM
Cute is\'nt Alpha. Sexy, handsome and macho is. I don\'t know why someone would find them attractive, I subconsciously see guys with glasses as \"lesser\" beings (well that\'s just me). I read a while ago that there was a study that found that guys that wore glasses were perceived as weaker and less attractive(even guys with bulging muscles in a muscle shirt!). Then the same guys wore contacts and were rated by another group of women and got noticably higher ratings in attractiveness than before.

Elana
05-03-2003, 03:52 AM
That\'s why I said \"I love glasses on men after I have already seen them without glasses on.\"

It\'s just a different side of them that subconsciously adds dimension to their personalities in the women\'s eyes. Even if it is false.

monesrule
05-03-2003, 03:57 AM
glasses can be a turn on for me because they make the woman seem smart, so i think it could work the same way for a woman looking at a man. in all cases, however, the person has to have a good face though -- i would think. otherwise, you are just someone wearing glasses

tallmacky
05-03-2003, 04:06 AM
in my school I haven\'t seen a girl wear glasses for holy crap I haven\'t seen it for like 2 years, same with most guys. In junior high alot of girls were wearing glasses and guys they all seemingly have ditched them, well contacts and so on have had a big boom.

franki
05-03-2003, 04:09 AM
What Elana says confirms my own idea\'s about glasses. A good looking guy can wear glasses and still looks good, but a bad looking guy looks worse with glasses on ....

Franki /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ironration
05-03-2003, 06:21 AM
Ok, thanks for the feedback /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I have decided now to get contacts once and for all.

upsidedown
05-03-2003, 06:49 AM
Here\'s that previous thread on the subject.

http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=women&amp;Number=55096&amp;page=1&amp; view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=1 (\"http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=women&amp;Number=55096&amp;page=1&amp; view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=1\")

Goddess
05-03-2003, 07:04 AM
Thinking back, almost ALL the guys I was attracted to wore glasses. There is something decidely intimate about seeing the man take his glasses off to make love. Plus, it seems like I have a front row seat to observe the face without glasses at this time. It usually seems like the guys have these incredibly long eyelashes and gorgeous color eyes, or are a little nearsighted (did I get this one right - they can\'t see far away really well) and then seem to concentrate just on me - cuz they can\'t see anything in the rest of the room without the glasses. I like that total concentration feeling.

I don\'t find myself attracted to glass-less guys more, but I find that I do consider guys WITH glasses as more intelligent, and THAT is a turn-on.

Gerund
05-03-2003, 09:37 AM
Wasn\'t there a statistic offered in a related thread, something along the lines of any person, whether male or female, is 80% less likely to enjoy a kiss on a first date? Something like that? (Or was it just one of my dream sequels?)

seadove
05-03-2003, 10:01 PM
Elana= That\'s why I said \"I love glasses on men after I have already seen them without glasses on.\"

It\'s just a different side of them that subconsciously adds dimension to their personalities in the women\'s eyes. Even if it is false.

It\'s ok when the guy puts specs on to watch the TV or in the movies.The problem is when the opposite occurs, i.e when he wears specs all the time and suddenly he removes them in front of people.There are guys (or girls), when they remove their specs they have a ghastly cock-eyed look, as if the left eye is telling the right eye \"GO F*CK YOURSELF!!!\" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

franki
05-04-2003, 01:00 AM
I tend to have that ... Is it really that bad? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

seadove
05-04-2003, 01:06 AM
tend to have that ... Is it really that bad?

Next time one of your eyes says to the other \"go f*ck yourself\" tell the other eye to reply \"Go jump in the like\"

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Elana
05-04-2003, 03:44 AM
I never notice that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif