PDA

View Full Version : About to mix JB#1: How to measure correctly???

newuser
05-01-2003, 08:49 PM
I have the ingredients all ready (NPA and APC). I have a silver atomizer.
Now what can I use to properly measure the 7:5 ratio of APC to NPA? My measuring cup doesn\'t have fine enough increments. What do you guys use?
Also, given that NPA is alcohol based, it evaporates VERY quickly! How can I prevent such evaporation while measuring? The APC, which I haven\'t yet opened, is oil-based so I suspect it will not disappear quickly.
Thank you!

seadove
05-01-2003, 09:03 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
7:5 ratio of APC to NPA?

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

What?

I thought it was 7:3 !!

You\'ll be ODing in a jiffy with your ratio.Especially if you are planning to drop the NPA stuff directly from the bottle, because the NPA drops are somehow larger than the usual dropper that you might use for the APC.

Why don\'t you use the \"seadove\" ratio? This way you can confidently pour out the NPA drops directly from the bottle.

My ratio is 10:3 .It works!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

newuser
05-01-2003, 09:48 PM
Yes, 7:3. Typed too quickly!
Anyway, I\'m still looking for the best way to mix the APC and NPA together in the atomizer. Basically, what do people use as a \"measuring cup?\" How can I prevent the quick evaporation of the NPA?

seadove
05-01-2003, 09:57 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
How can I prevent the quick evaporation of the NPA?

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

So go straight for the 10:3 ratio as I said.Experiment on a small amount first.You\'ll see that I\'m right. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

bundyburger
05-01-2003, 10:53 PM
Go to chemist/pharmacist (dispensary over there?? ) or something and buy some eyedroppers. They are pretty cheap usually. Or even buy a good small calibrated syringe.

With the eye droppers you can say put (7 x 4 drops of APC) PLUS (3 x 4 drops of NPA) ETC into a small vile or something and bingo. You can make up small accurate batches with this method. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

EXIT63
05-02-2003, 04:19 AM
First try it with less npa. 7/2 or 7/1. Work your way up. Don\'t go 7/5. You\'ll be in serious od territory. Unless that\'s what you\'re trying for.

ToBeOrNotToBe
05-02-2003, 04:56 AM
You really don\'t need to mix it in the atomizer... Use it directly from the bottles, it you think would be easier for you. 7 parts of APC (or 8, 9, 10) per 3 parts of NPA (not more).