PDA

View Full Version : Askmen.com Story

Mtnjim
05-01-2003, 04:35 PM
Check this out:
Ask Men (\"http://www.askmen.com/love/dzimmer_60/82_love_answers.html\") /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

krtel
05-01-2003, 04:44 PM
Yeah, it\'s a recent article. They\'re pretty much on the money too because they mentioned three key pheromones: -nol, -none, and copulins. This is scary, WHY THE HECK MUST THEY GIVE THE SECRET AWAY? AHHHHHHHH!!! lol. I don\'t think they\'ll get anything as cutting edge as love scent though. The website promoted in the article more than likely has a crappy phero content anyway.

- Krish

TBiRD
05-01-2003, 04:46 PM
although the author obviously lacks any \"real\" phero knowledge , its good that he isn\'t hyping....some points mentioned are \"common sense\" amongst us (the phero maddocs)aswell. A \"Ok\" article to get people interested.

Biggest mistake the author makes though , is right at the end of his article : He forgot to place a link to love-scent.com /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mtnjim
05-01-2003, 04:47 PM
And missed ~rone.

Just pointing out a \"mainstream\" story. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Phantom
05-01-2003, 04:47 PM
Ph?rX is just PPA with a different lable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

camusflage
05-01-2003, 06:32 PM
Obviously, he spent too much time reading Dr. Cutler\'s work.. \"Some pheromone manufacturers opt to use naturally occurring pheromones from pigs or deer, but those would only be effective in attracting that species and are therefore rendered useless.\" I find it somewhat amusing that on the next page, he talks about the effect of -none, which is the same pig pheromone that he said before is useless.

Overall, more clueful than some sensationalistic claptrap, but not as clueful as many of our own forum members. Fortunately for all of us, we don\'t share our secret widely. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jose
05-01-2003, 07:26 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Ph?rX is just PPA with a different lable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

I noticed that to. They even have a phrase that says \"The Science of Attraction\" on the first page, that sounds very familiar I wonder if they stole that from us? At least it\'s a very informative article.

Alquimista
05-01-2003, 08:16 PM
Yeah, it was kind of a bad idea of Askmen to put that article. First because that mones website is not worth. Second, because they are spreading the secret of mones for free. Thankfully it is very dificult at the beggining to learn to use with sucess the mones, because this leads many newbies to give up, and so we are left with the girls /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

abductor
05-02-2003, 12:48 PM
A specialized structure located inside the nose called the VNO (Vomeronasal Organ) detects these invisible airborne and odorless pheromone molecules that may occur through sweat or urine, for example. However, the VNO organ exists in only about 80% of humans.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif is it true? because I was think that everybody have VNO system .. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Other: If I cant smell mones is mean that I do not have VNO? am i a mutant ? am i a x-man or something? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Mtnjim
05-02-2003, 01:14 PM
\"...am i a mutant ? am i a x-man or something?\"
Or something! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

abductor
05-02-2003, 01:45 PM

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Im shocked too !! what a hell !!! so if i am a mutant I want be \"Magneto\" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SonnyBlack
05-02-2003, 01:58 PM

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Im shocked too !! what a hell !!! so if i am a mutant I want be \"Magneto\" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif [/quot

I got dibs on Wolverine...

Skyy
05-02-2003, 02:21 PM
I got dibs on Apocalypse

abductor
05-02-2003, 04:33 PM
Serious guys, all we have VNO or only 80% of the population have VNO?
For example: my intestine appendix is useless but it is there. Nobody born without the appendix. Why some people would be born without VNO?
I found that research:
http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/neuro/neuro99/web3/Bernstein.html (\"http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/neuro/neuro99/web3/Bernstein.html\")

abductor
05-02-2003, 04:38 PM
and this:
Recently, researchers have come to a different conclusion. Both VNOs and vomeronasal pits—tiny openings to the VNO in the nasal septum—have been found in nearly all patients examined by Bruce Jafek , an otolaryngologist at the University of Colorado at Denver and David Moran, who is now at the University of Pennsylvania\'s Smell and Taste Center in Philadelphia.

\"This has opened up the possibility of a new sensory system in humans,\" says Rochelle Small. \"We were often told that the VNO does not exist in adults, so we have taken a big step just to show that the structure is there.\"

Briela
05-02-2003, 05:44 PM
Serious guys, all we have VNO or only 80% of the population have VNO?

Abductor, I don\'t think they really mean only 80% of the population have a VNO but that only 80% have a \"functional\" VNO. The way they do the studies is by measurement of electochemical response to a pheromone stimulus. There will be a certain proportion of the population that have a faulty VNO, just as there are people with a faulty sense of smell, sight, etc., due to environmental influence, injury or genetics.

CptKipling
05-03-2003, 07:58 AM
What the hell?

The product that they reference to says that its a \"androsterone\" product.

Thats odd

Alquimista
05-03-2003, 08:56 AM
What the hell?

The product that they reference to says that its a \"androsterone\" product.

Thats odd

Yeah Cpt, I was even talking about this with Oscar few days ago. They say that is arone, but actually it is anone. Would you buy a product on a website that the webmasters doesn\'t even know what is the difference between anone and arone??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CptKipling
05-03-2003, 11:57 AM
Ahhhhh

Makes sense now, thanks Al!

Tantalus747
05-03-2003, 10:56 PM
If that article was the only thing I\'d ever read about pheros, I would have dismissed it as advertising for the site they link to. I\'m sure alot of people that read that will do the same.

Linking to only one seller (even if that one had been love-scent) hints at a bias.