PDA

View Full Version : How do you get your best singing/speaking voice?

bsxs
05-01-2003, 12:42 PM
What are ways you\'re able to get maximum potential out of your voice? Like are there any kinda medicines or anything that can clear up your throat, make your voice sound better? Like fill me in here.

By the way, I\'d think voice plays a big part in attraction. So I think it is appropriate for this forum.

So anyone have any special voice techniques, hell even exercises.

Gerund
05-01-2003, 12:48 PM
Any number of books will give you some good exercises for rounding the throat to produce the best tones, and get you to use your diaphragm properly.

As a former DJ and college actor, I can tell you a couple of tricks that you may not run across: To keep a clear throat, orange juice works great, or a shot of lemon juice.

Also, regular use of caffeine will raise the pitch of your voice and result in less resonance. Don\'t drink any caffeinated beverages for a week, and your voice will deepen & sound more pleasing.

bsxs
05-01-2003, 01:30 PM
Do you have any techniques to make the voice smooooother?

Gerund
05-01-2003, 01:43 PM
As far as I know, that depends on genetics, so pick your parents carefully!

bsxs
05-01-2003, 01:55 PM
Lol. Personally I love my vocal chords, not because of tonal quality, but because I can do a *LOT* with it. If you listen to my music you\'ll see that. I\'d like to have some sexy real great tonal quality kinda voice though.

There must be some special kind of liquid that can instantly make your voice smoother, sexier and all that. I mean they have it for smell, why can\'t they have it for voice? There *HAS* to be somethin like that out there. I mean I\'m sure there\'s better stuff out there than just your typical orange juice.

marv14yag
05-01-2003, 04:02 PM
Practice practice practice. Singing, etc.

I\'ve got a really good voice...But mostly just from singing, etc, practice.

Stuff you can do...

Humming will allow you to regulate air flow to the nose, etc...Or, with nose plugged up, that\'s good.

Tape record yourself, and adjust accordingly.

To breath right, you should ALWAYS keep the diaphram up, but rather, to breath in make your tomach go out, and to breath out make you stomach go in, but your diaphram must always go up.

Of cousre, you can change your voice through drugs, testosterone will make it deeper. Growth Hormone, if taken at a young enough age can widen the shoulder blades, make you taller, but also, expand the chest, giving you better acoustic (got wide back, big chest cavity...)

But yeah.

One thing though ATTITUDE!

What do I mean?

I was watching the Bowflex commercial, and some dude, who was fat on that challenge, was talking in a more quiet, but also, a different tone/pitch, etc...

Now, after the time, voice changed.

Hormones will make you talk different act different, etc.

I know that after an intense set, my voice sounds deeper, etc.

What\'s that mean?
Before you talk on the phone... Do a set of pushups, lol
But, I was talking on the phone with some girl...lol...She was like, you have a good voice lol

Bart

TBiRD
05-01-2003, 04:26 PM
Yes singing will do the job !
EACH AND EVERYBODY CAN LEARN TO SING ! And each and everybody can make his/her voice go deeper/higher 1-3 octaves (in some cases even more or less )through singing practice....This implies that u have to learn it the proffessional way , and invest a few years /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The easy way out is : If you want a deeper voice , just make sure U almost always speak with a deep voice. YOur voice will adjust over time , and u will have a better voice with time.

I happen to have a deep voice naturally (girls like that alot - I get complimented on that sometimes)
However I can easily go even deeper if I want to add some extra Barry White mojo , when talking to a girl. Talking with a deep voice to other males gets u more respect.
I personally HATE to hear other males speak with \"high pitch voices\" - it comes across as weak/feminine/childish , contrary I like the sound of deep male voices alot.

When it comes to female voices....As long as they are not \"squeeeeeeky Eeeeeeeeeeky\" or very deep its ok !

@marv : Getting a deeper voice through pushups is bull$hit ! You should know better....I suspect u were joking again , so who cares , no offense !

BassMan
05-02-2003, 06:29 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
What are ways you\'re able to get maximum potential out of your voice? Like are there any kinda medicines or anything that can clear up your throat, make your voice sound better? Like fill me in here.

By the way, I\'d think voice plays a big part in attraction. So I think it is appropriate for this forum.

So anyone have any special voice techniques, hell even exercises.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Find a voice coach who will design a warm-up/practice program that addresses your specific needs.

I have a 30 minute custom CD that a teacher made for me. I keep it mostly in my car and work with it while driving.

Warm up every time you use your voice. It makes an enormous difference. I sometimes do voice-overs (mostly training videos), and warming up before speaking makes as big a difference as warming up before singing.