PDA

View Full Version : Antiperspirent/Deodorent HELP, NOTHING WORKS

pelotudo
04-27-2003, 08:42 PM
This might sound a little strange to you guys, but I need some help with this. About 4-5 months ago, after dating this girl for about a month or so (Not sure if it\'s a coicidence or not), my deodorent/anti-perspirent just stopped working. I used to hardly sweat at all, and would never get wet under the armpits, then all of a sudden...I would be wet all the time, mostly under my right arm. I thought it was the deodorent I was getting used to, so I switched...same results. I have been through about 8 different deoderents/anti-perspirents now, and nothing works. I can get out of the shower, dry myself off, put on deodorant (I\'ve tried putting on a little, a lot, a whole lot..etc), turn the a/c down to 60, sit in my computer room doing nothing for 10 mins, and I will be sweating like crazy under my right arm. I\'m not hot, I\'m not doing anything physical, it just does it. I\'ve tried sticks, gels, roll-ons, everything:

Old Spice High Endurance Fresh A-P/D -White Creme
Old Spice High Endurance Mountain Rush A-P/D -White Creme
Right Guard Xtreme Sport w/ Power Stripe Refresh A-P/D -Conventional Stick
Arm & Hammer Ultramax Active Sport A-P/D -Conventional Stick
Speedstick Avalanche A-P (Tried this today thinking that something in the deodorants might be causing a reaction, and still the same thing) -Conventional Stick
Degree Shower Clean A-P/D -Invisible Solid
Degree Sport A-P/D -Invisible Solid
Arrid XX Morning Clean A-P/D -Ultra Clear Stick
Arrid XX Cool Shower A-P/D -Gel
RfM Deodorant -Stick
Ralph Lauren Romance Deodorant -Stick
Mitchem Scented A-P/D -Roll On
Ban (Womens) Fresh Cotton A-P/D -Roll On

I tried all the top ones, nothing worked, then went to my pharmacist friend and he suggest a roll on... Tried the Mitchem and Ban, neither work. I don\'t smell that bad, I\'m just wet ALL DAY and never dry up. It\'s all on my right side, and my shirt is constantly wet in that area.

Do you guys have any suggestions at all? It\'s really bothering me, and I want to do something about this.

Thanks,
Jon

Andy
04-28-2003, 04:28 AM
Do you experience this on the 2nd day after you\'ve washed/showered yourself too ?

pelotudo
04-28-2003, 06:02 AM
Not that I\'ve noticed, but I haven\'t really paid much attention; and I usually take 2 showers a day.

I\'ve also tried using shampoo under there (daily cleansing) thinking it was a buildup, and that didn\'t help.

Andy
04-28-2003, 08:02 AM
You should check it out, in case you don\'t sweat the 2nd day (just don\'t shower one morning), it might be your opened pores. Things that might help:

1. Cold compress right after the shower/bath to close the pores

2. Wait until you started sweating and use a hair dryer to dry your armpits afterwards (I have no clue why this works, but it does to some ppl).

**DONOTDELETE**
04-28-2003, 08:13 AM
OR you could see a doctor.

Mtnjim
04-28-2003, 09:10 AM
\"OR you could see a doctor.\"

I agree! Any sudden change in your system should be checked out. (unless of course, you just went through puberty)

Cloud9
04-28-2003, 10:05 AM
Try \"Certain Dri\"

**DONOTDELETE**
04-28-2003, 10:07 AM
I\'m a little alarmed that you can sweat through Mitchum.

nonscents
04-28-2003, 10:56 AM
And that it\'s one side only, and that there was a sudden onset.

pelotudo
04-28-2003, 09:10 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
\"OR you could see a doctor.\"

I agree! Any sudden change in your system should be checked out. (unless of course, you just went through puberty)

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

I talked to my doctor, and he was the one who suggested that I got used to the deodorant and that I should switch. Afterwards I talked to my pharmacist friend who suggested the roll-on, which I took the advise of my best friend from high school who always used the Mitchem.

I did a test today. And it seems like the anti-perspirents are doing NOTHING for me. I grabbed a shower before heading to work this morning. Put on my Ralph Lauren Romance DEODORANT only, no anti-perspirent; and jumped in my car 10 mins later. Within the literal 5 minute time it took me to get from my house to work, I was wet under my right side...just like always. I get there, and start grabbing some parts, moving around, etc...and dry up. I stay dry for most of the day today actually, until this afternoon when I go out to help some friends move. Get over to their house, and start getting wet under my right side again before I even start doing anything. I jump in their bathroom for a min and wash under both sides. I scrubbed hard, so hard that I made it red under there, then put some of the Mitchem roll-on that I had in my car on. Started working, and of course sweated. I didn\'t get wet at all for a while though, then it came on like you usually do when doing work.

I was hardly sweating at all, but my right side was wet for no reason at all. It seems like it just comes and goes for no reason... I can\'t see a link to anything why it would...like emotional stress, when I\'m tired, when I wake up, girls, nothing. I can\'t figure it out. I\'ll see if I can talk to someone else though.

Jon

pelotudo
04-28-2003, 09:37 PM
Something else that I just thought of, that just dawned on me.

About 3 months before this started happening, I lost some significant weight. I went from 185-190 down to 155-160 and steadied out at about 165. I started taking Hydroxycut for about a month, with intense workouts, and lost the weight quick. I dropped that much in about 40 days, but kept muscle. I also started wearing tighter fitting clothes since I could now and look good doing it. After losing it though, I stopped working out, etc, but have kept the weight off for the most part (at about 168-170 right now). Could it have been the intense sweating/working out/diet I had there, then just stopping and going back to bad eating that might have caused what is happening now?

tallmacky
04-29-2003, 01:22 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Try \"Certain Dri\"

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Yeah you should check it out thats good stuff

xvs
04-29-2003, 04:26 PM
If it doesn\'t go away there is a botox treatment that works on sweat glands which you could try.

http://www.marconews.com/02/11/marco/d845903a.htm (\"http://www.marconews.com/02/11/marco/d845903a.htm\")

Phantom
04-29-2003, 04:29 PM
Healthier people sweat more... I wish I sweat as much as you! all the girls I know see it as very manly quality /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif.

Andy
04-29-2003, 05:46 PM
The only things that are able of making me sweat is dancing and sex, plus I receive my most solid hits after I\'ve been sweating while dancing. But it\'s no problem to sweat and just let it dry on my skin in my case, because I don\'t seem to produce any bad smelling breakdowns.

pelotudo
04-29-2003, 07:02 PM
I tried the cold compress on my right side today before going to work, and I was dry all day long. I came home after work and grabbed another shower before heading out, cold compress, then threw on the Ban (instead of the Mitchem). I could feel a little bit of dampness for a while, but it went away, and the only time I got \"wet\" tonight was for about 10 mins then it dried right up. I think the cold compress/Mitchem worked awesome. Thanks for the recommendation.

It\'s not that I don\'t mind sweating, it\'s that I wear a lot of tight shirts, and when I lift up my right side it\'s wet there. Other than that I have no problem, but I think this might be the solution. Thanks for the help guys.

nonscents
04-30-2003, 08:46 AM
Nice work Andy! You stopped Pelotudo from wetting himself.

Now. Any pointers on how to make women wet themselves?

Andy
04-30-2003, 12:21 PM
That depends on which fluid you\'d prefer.