PDA

View Full Version : WAXING

druid
04-21-2003, 04:04 PM
Well I got my back waxed a few days ago (friday) for the first time. And man my back BROKE OUT. Big time. Can\'t believe it. Is this normal for waxing? will it happen every time? How long before it goes away? Is there anything to do afterwards to prevent it? If this is gonna happen everytime. I will go back to shaving/nairing.

Phantom
04-21-2003, 04:05 PM
Cut down on the oily foods.

druid
04-21-2003, 04:54 PM
I have never really had a problem with zits. sure I get one occisally (and it is always a gusher -- a 2-popper) but not that often. I just wanna know will this keep happening if I keep on waxing.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-21-2003, 04:58 PM
Go to someone else next time, and tell them what happened - better still, ask for a consultation and go in now, while it\'s broken out, so the waxer can see what you\'re talking about.

I\'ve had problems with waxing, too - I have my brows waxed, and I used to go to a woman that burned me every time...I thought it was inevitable, didn\'t know any better - I went to someone else, and no problems...

same deal with bikini waxing - I tried it once a few years ago and broke out - it is most likely ingrown hairs on your back, not acne - it has to do with the technique of the person waxing, I\'m convinced.

Try another salon.

Andy
04-21-2003, 04:58 PM
It might be the use technique. Be sure to pull against the line of growth and close to the body. In case you are using hot wax (and I suggest to use it on larger areas) make sure you don\'t pull the cloth stripe off too late, the hair is what you want to stick on that strip ... and not your skin.