PDA

View Full Version : TE sample dabbing?

Lutz
04-20-2003, 08:07 PM
Is there a way to remove the spray top of the 2mL TE sample bottle? I\'ve tried but the only thing that comes off is the top cover thingy and there\'s something else underneath that I cannot remove. Does anybody know?

I\'ve read people\'s advices against spraying so I want to dab instead, but I can\'t do it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

metroman
04-21-2003, 03:57 AM
Just grip your thumb & forefinger around the knurled plastic piece that is right before the glass & unscrew in a counter clockwise direction. If its stuck use one of those rubber thingies that you\'d use for a stuck lid on a jar or a paper towel should even give you enough leverage.

oscar
04-24-2003, 09:58 AM
Lutz,

I just finally finished my 2mL Pro Edge sample. First of all, I wouldn\'t worry much about the spray (vs. dabbing) from the 2mL since it\'s a very fine mist and seems considerably less volume than a spray from the full size Edge bottles.

I got so many good reactions from the sandalwood scented sample that I recently ordered the \"Mountain O\' Stuff\" newbie special with Sandalwood TE.

Anyway, since the 2mL was SUCH a great product for carrying around in a pocket, I decided I\'d see if it could be refilled.
Here\'s what to do: Look at the bottle with the lid on. At the top between the cap and the main bottle is a ring that is the lip of the sprayer insert. Remove the cap and work the blade of a penknife along that line that separates the bottle from the insert. After going all the way around at least twice, start to rock the knife blade back and forth to pry out the insert. If done carefully the bottle will be totally resealable. I beat the hell out of my bottle before figuring out the right way to get it open, but the thing must be pretty resilient because it still seems to be free of leaks. The only problem I\'ve had with the bottle is that the cap often seems to come off in my pocket, but it\'s never seemed to leak. Only fill the bottle to about the 2/3 level since the sprayer neck and capillary displace quite a bit of volume in such a small vessel.

I got some GREAT hits last night using only the \"newbie special\" pheros with a spray of Green Irish Tweed. Put a drop of the SPMO on each wrist and inside elbow joint. Put a drop of SPMO on chest followed by a spray of TE/s from the 2mL, covered with a spray of Green Irish Tweed, mixed with wrists then rubbed wrists on sides of neck.

The scent of the SPMO isn\'t one that I\'d use as a stand-alone fragrance, but as a contributory note in combination with the sandalwood TE and the Green Irish Tweed it works quite nicely. Musk has over the centuries been steeped and aged in Sandalwood, so the combination is a natural.

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif