PDA

View Full Version : Deodorants and Anti-Perspirants

BoutFemaleFun
04-19-2003, 02:02 PM
Are these products bad for us in the long run? Do they block natural pheromones or interfer with scents, pheromone products and body chemistry?
Would love feedback and information from veterans. I\'m new here and would appreciate advice for a female seeking to attract men. Haven\'t tried most of the products (yet).

**DONOTDELETE**
04-19-2003, 02:12 PM
I just wrote you a post about pheromones and realized you\'re asking if deodorants do us harm.

Some people believe that aluminum chlorohydrate, which is in most antiperspirants, is bad for you.

IT\'s an easy google search.

They don\'t block our pheromones. The pheromones women are most concerned about occur below the waist anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Unless you\'re putting Secret on your cooter, you should be fine re pheromones.

Phantom
04-19-2003, 02:14 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

druid
04-19-2003, 03:23 PM
BoutFemaleFun - you have a very interesting profile /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I like your interests /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Phantom
04-19-2003, 04:06 PM
I second that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CptKipling
04-20-2003, 03:03 AM
Back on the Deoderant topic, I found one that smells quite natural. A few hours after I sprayed, it smelled really maculin.

I\'m not sure of its availability in the US, but anyway...

It\'s FCUK eau de fcuk # 1

If you haven\'t heard of the brand it may sound like a joke, but search on google.

wozz
04-21-2003, 09:45 AM
Deoderants are just gooey perfumes. Antipersperants contain aluminum chlorohydrate, which actually stops your skin from sweating. When you sweat, all sorts of semi-toxic substances are excreted with it. This is especially true in your armpits. If you use antipersperants then all those chemicals get backed up in your bloodstream.

All of this is proven, the question is whether it really matters or not. I don\'t really sweat much so I don\'t bother, but if I did I would probably use antipersperants during the summer.

druid
04-21-2003, 03:59 PM
i stopped using antiperispants and now only use deorandant. and lemme tell you it makes a difference. I have noticed a lot more IOI\'s since doing this (and well cleaning up my eye brows). i think anti-perispants mess you up. I won\'t wear them anymore, and I sweat a lot. Just shower more.

PS-I Stopped using anti-bacterial soap so much. Use it ever once in a while to wash my hands.

Tantalus747
04-22-2003, 12:49 PM
What\'s an IOI? I\'ve been here long enough I thought I knew all the crazy acronyms. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cloud9
04-22-2003, 01:30 PM
Mitchum is a good deoderant.

druid
04-22-2003, 01:53 PM
sorry that is a ASF/FS101.com acryomn. It stands for Indicatior Of Interest.