PDA

View Full Version : What causes product differences ?

badger
04-18-2003, 02:32 AM
Hi all
I\'ve noticed many here seem to find differences between products with the same active ingredients. I understand that some (like AE, SoE) contain combinations of the main mones, and others (TE, NPA) contain non-specified ingredients, but what causes difference in reaction between, say, -none only products of similar strengths ?

Whilst personal chemistry would have a bearing on this, I would have thought that this would only be an issue relating to the active pheromone in the product, so if someone gets a good result with, say, one drop of RM, wouldn\'t they get the same result with one drop of PI ?

Does the carrier oil or production method have any effect on the effectiveness/longevity ?

elvido
04-18-2003, 02:56 AM
I doubt there is much of a difference between products with similar concentrations of the exact same mones --though there aren\'t that many matches like that. But there are other factors to consider like possible smell (perfumed smell i mean), applicator device and price.

bundyburger
04-18-2003, 06:53 PM
Choice of application area and surface area covered are important factors in using mones. The strength of the cover perfume in a product also needs to be balanced with the mones so that you don\'t have to smell like a perfume factory to get the optimum amount of whatever pheromone. All products vary in some way that will effect how they will work for each individual. With \"The Edge\" supposedly a diluted NPA it appears it can be more effective for some people because they can spread the same \'weight\' of pheros over a larger area. So they are wearing the same strength (overall) but with better success.

Also two products that would contain the same amount of say -none, will differ because one has a scent that doesn\'t suit some peoples skin chemistry.

Also it\'s been mentioned that some -none brand apparently isn\'t as \'clean\' as another. It will have impurities that make it more stinky etc.

There are many other reasons besides. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif