PDA

View Full Version : Newbie. Were should I begin?

RockNRoller
04-15-2003, 11:07 AM
I am new to this and I don\'t know were to begin. I just got my package today. I have the atomizer,musk with androstenol,The Edge (unscented),a small sample pack of Scent of Eros and Tropical Breeze pheromone based cologne. Any advise on were I should start with this stuff is welcome.

Cloud9
04-15-2003, 12:27 PM
I wouldn\'t use the musk oil it comes with. I would put 3-4 dabs of TE on first..(primarily your lower neck area since peoples heads are near that level. Let it dry just a little and spray some of your cologne on your finger and dab over the TE areas because TE can smell like cat piss from what I hear to a lot of people. If you want you can put a little SOE gel on too and cover it with your cologne, but I\'d just stick to the TE for now, since SOE has it\'s on unique scent and would be harder to cover with all those scents clashing.

Irish
04-15-2003, 12:32 PM
Try the SOE first, 1/2 pack or more on wrists, neck, etc. - cover with light cologne if you don\'t like the scent (most think SOE smells ok on it\'s own). For another experiment try a spray of TE with a spray of cover cologne - move up to two sprays TE with cologne on another day.

After that just begin to experiment with any mix you like, cover it with cologne if you don\'t like the smell.

Cloud9
04-15-2003, 12:41 PM
If you spray the TE you are just wasting it! take the top off and dab it like I said. Thats what the experienced users do anyway.

RockNRoller
04-15-2003, 05:42 PM
Thanks everyone for the advise. I\'ll experiment for a couple weeks and see what happens.

RockNRoller
04-15-2003, 09:20 PM
One more question. Should I use the Tropical Breeze Pheromone Based cologne with TE or my Aspen or White Water cologne. Thank Again.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-15-2003, 10:28 PM
Actually cloud9 your wrong. I along with many phermone users have had great succes with spraying. Your a newbie and i know your only trying to help. That said that doesn\'t make it ok. Pheromones dosage differ for each guy. Irish has tested and used mones alot longer than you have. He knows what hes talking about. Also id like to add that even at OD levels its possibe for a person to close the deal. YOU just have to get some game. Pheromones aren\'t magic. Also the pheromone dosage should be higher in a smokey area. It depends on enviroment and even the ethnic race you are trying to attract. One spray is a great dosage to start with as Irish said. Read through the post and you will find many people use sprays and they work great. these newbies mean well but there getting just out of control.

CptKipling
04-16-2003, 06:20 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
If you spray the TE you are just wasting it! take the top off and dab it like I said. Thats what the experienced users do anyway.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

lol Irish is one of the most respected members of the forum. It seems you dont even use TE from what your saying, so keep quiet.

Dabbing may well work better, but he may find that spraying works well for him.

Irish
04-16-2003, 06:34 AM
It\'s all ok, everyone has an opinion....I just wanted to give RnR a quick idea or two to get started, I know what it\'s like when you first start using pheros. The ideas I threw out there are pretty easy, they\'ve worked for me, and are pretty close to manufacturer\'s instructions.

After he gets his feet wet he\'ll probably experiment to find his own way, which is cool. Whatever works is good for you. I don\'t claim to have the answers for everyone (or even myself!).

Good luck RnR and let us know what happens. You\'ll get plenty of advice here if you hit a snag!!

Cloud9
04-16-2003, 06:47 AM
Everyone else has said not to spray because it wastes more TE. So why not dab it and make it last longer. I\'m not a newbie when it comes to listening to others. As for a \"race\", there is no such things as race. Just take an anthropology class.

Irish
04-16-2003, 06:51 AM
Best bet on the colognes is to just try them, see if they cover ok and don\'t clash with your pheros. There\'s lots of variables with skin chemistry, so there\'s no one right answer about what to mix.

If it smells ok to you it\'s probably worth a try. Wear it out and watch for effects. It really does take a fair amount of time to try different phero-cologne combos and see what\'s best for you in different situations.

So don\'t worry about violating any big phero \'rules\'. My best advice is start with small phero doses, and work your way up - it is possible to use too much and smell bad. Trust your nose and personal preference when using cover colognes.

The main website has good general instructions on how to use the various products. Good luck on finding your own successful applications.

CptKipling
04-16-2003, 06:56 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Everyone else has said not to spray because it wastes more TE. So why not dab it and make it last longer. I\'m not a newbie when it comes to listening to others. As for a \"race\", there is no such things as race. Just take an anthropology class.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

It\'s nothing personal.

Like nate said we know you mean well.

But your input would be appriciated much more if you posted about things you *knew* about.

...and the race thing, it can be very important. If im around lots of different races, i can see lots of different reactions that do seem to correlate to race. But then this may be due to cultural differences, but it\'s still something to factor into your phero use.

ToBeOrNotToBe
04-16-2003, 12:41 PM
There\'s no such thing as \"race\"... u can know that if u read a little bit about science... our DNA has nothing to do with a \"race\"... for example, I am caucasian and I can be much more similar (genetically speaking) to a black person or a chinese than to other caucasian...

**DONOTDELETE**
04-16-2003, 12:58 PM
Of course there is such a thing as race. Race is not solely comprised of biological factors. You would know that if you read a sociology book. And there are generalizations you can make with regard to pheromones and race because they occur time and time again.

ToBeOrNotToBe
04-16-2003, 01:21 PM
Well... u do not know the meaning of \"race\"... I\'ve already studied that as I\'m a medicin student... and believe me, it\'s stupid to refer to someone as parte of a \"race\". There is noone better to study the question \"Are their races?\" than someone in the medicin area, since we go straight to the most important... GENETICA!! And u can\'t beat that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
04-16-2003, 01:32 PM
Sorry. I didn\'t realize you knew everything since you\'re a medicin student. You\'ll make quite a doctor, I can tell. You\'ve got the attitude down pat.

oscar
04-16-2003, 02:11 PM
TBONTB,

There is a subset of humans on this planet whose skin tends to be quite dark, whose ancestry is traceable to Africa. The men of this subset produce more Androgens on their skin than do men of a light skinned subset whose ancestry can be traced to northern and western Europe. But even this light skinned subset produces more Androgens than do still another subset whose origins are traceable to the continent of Asia.

Genetically there may be no major differences between these subsets of humans, but the obvious differences in their appearances would have to lead the observer to conclude that the groups have evolved differently.

In today\'s world of political correctness it would seem a wise solution to eliminate the use of the word \"race\" even if it would be difficult if not impossible to eliminate the concept.

But it\'s not the concept that should be eliminated any more than the word. It\'s the distortions that we\'ve associated with race that makes the concept of racism abhorrent to the great majority of us.

The differences with which God / Nature (pick one) decided to adorn us are to be celebrated, not denied.

Meanwhile I\'m quite comfortable differentiating between the various subsets as races. If this has become a politically incorrect way to think or speak, then I\'m guilty, but not at all penitent.

Sometimes I think we\'re allowing our youth to be \"PC\'d\" into oblivion.

Oscar :)

Whiffy
04-16-2003, 02:19 PM
What\'s wrong with admitting there does exist such a thing as race? Keep the bullsh*t responses of \"it\'s only skin deep\" to yourselves. It isn\'t. I\'ve studied medicine; I\'ve studied anthropology. Nothing wrong with differences among us, I think.

The problem lies with those who use race to push their PC views/racism. It\'s when you start putting a value or hierarchy of different backgrounds that arguments like this come up.

Different strokes for different folks. Applied here: Why do you think Asians respond differently (it\'s well-known and even discussed here) to pheromones than, say, Mexicans. My last 3 girlfriends were Asian. They\'re different. No better, certainly not worse. Just different.

Mtnjim
04-16-2003, 02:29 PM
\"...medicin area, since we go straight to the most important... GENETICA!! And u can\'t beat that!\"

I hope English is a second language for you. Otherwise it scares the %$#%&amp;* out of me that you might be a doctor. If English IS a second language, I\'m not so worried.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

ToBeOrNotToBe
04-16-2003, 02:32 PM
Oscar, I agree with almost everything u said... the problem is that most people don\'t know the meaning of race. There are several aspects that are included in this subject. I really wish I could explain this better, but I am not very good at English, so... no way I can say everything I could say about this. Consider the Japanese... of course they have genes that the people from South America do not. But that does not make them a different race, since u may be sure that there are people from the same region that are more different from each other than from people thousands of miles away. What u can say is that there are genes that are more frequent in certain regions.

And to the one that seems to have felt offended when I said I was a medicin student, perhaps I did not really say what I wanted to say (as I do not rule in English), but it is a fact that we have the most reliable sources to discuss this subject: \"races\"... GENETICA!! A I told u... anything is more reliable in comparing peoples than the study of their genetical caracteristics.

Mtnjim
04-16-2003, 02:37 PM
\"And to the one that seems to have felt offended when I said I was a medicin student, perhaps I did not really say what I wanted to say (as I do not rule in English),...\"

I am releived that English is a second language (you speak more languages than most native English speakers), it was ONLY if you had been a native speaker that I was worried.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

ToBeOrNotToBe
04-16-2003, 02:40 PM
Mtnjim, I said that I am not very good in English... of course it isn\'t my first language.

ToBeOrNotToBe
04-16-2003, 02:44 PM
\"...medicin area, since we go straight to the most important... GENETICA!! And u can\'t beat that!\"

What seems to be the problem with that sentence? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I can\'t understand u... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Cloud9
04-16-2003, 03:05 PM
Basically race is just a reference to Phenotypic traits(outside appearance), and everything else(genetics is virtually the same).

**DONOTDELETE**
04-16-2003, 03:12 PM
WHAT. EVER.

The point you\'re missing is that difference races (as the lay person perceives race to exist) DO IN FACT respond differently to different pheromones.

PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT.

Whatever else you know about race, now you know that, too.

Newb. You are not the only person by a long shot who has a background in medicine/biology/genetics etc etc etc. It\'s not as though your audience when you write on this forum is unacquainted with things scientific; in fact, quite the opposite is true.

But if you want to talk about pheromones ...

and you want advice about pheromones ....

Then the slant is going to be toward what we know from experience happens with pheromones.

So for the purpose of talking about pheromones, we need to be able to talk about race.

If you\'re trying to say that race is not a factor at all in preference of pheromonal mix, you would just be wrong. There are too many people who know otherwise from their work in the field. So to argue is to ignore evidence.

Whiffy
04-16-2003, 03:18 PM
FTR: I like your style!

**DONOTDELETE**
04-16-2003, 03:28 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ToBeOrNotToBe
04-16-2003, 03:31 PM
Take it easy man... I just gave my opinion, which is the same of most people I know that have discussed this subject. However, of course there are ppl who disagree... no need to take it personally... Best regards /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
04-16-2003, 10:59 PM
Wow i didn\'t know that that race dissappeared within the last 24hrs. Well Genetically we do know that black males have more fast twitch muscle fibers in there calves than white males. All you have to do is open your eyes to whats around you and different races will stand out even to the naked eye. Personally, i feel as if i can sense a different pheromone signature in different races. Its like i just know. Ok if your more simailar to chinese or afican, i would say your not a caucausian. Do your eyebrows slant? Ok i know all the members who have had cell biology, genetics, human genetics know that there is such thing as race. As you can see anyone who has been using pheromones for a long time knows that race is a variable when dealing with pheromones. I suggest that newbies do some research on the forum before they post. Red, i don\'t think they need to put anything else in that pipe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

ToBeOrNotToBe
04-17-2003, 02:11 AM
nate dogg, you are talking about the phenotype... Do u know what it is a phenotype? The phenotype is genetically determined... You can be more similar to a guy tottally different from you fenotypically speaking than to someone that seems almost like u in the outside. The problem with almost everyone of you (not all, since I\'ve already read some interesting posts here) is that you refer to a \"race\" as a phenotype. And that\'s nonsense. Believe me, it is not me who says this. I learned it by listening to ppl who really understands about it, not like us.

And, by the way, u said that the newbies should read before posting... well, I\'ve read 20, 30, 40 times more than you about this subject (\"races\"), so...

Sorry about any mistake... as I\'ve said, my English is not very good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ToBeOrNotToBe
04-17-2003, 02:31 AM
Anyway, it\'s hard to explain if I don\'t rule in English. Perhaps I am not explaining it in the correct way... buy I understand all of what you are saying and I agree with it all, except the part in which u associate race to phenotype (like some of u did). Everyone has the right to its opinion. End of discussion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

nonscents
04-17-2003, 04:23 AM
TBONTB is making a valid point. This is not mere PC fluff. The social \"sciences\" until quite recently created the notion of race as a biologically based concept. The idea that we are all of the same species was alien to them. Needless to say, this construct of race was used to justify conquest, colonialization, and more. If you think I am just talking about Nazism, think again. It was deeply engrained in US \"science\" as well.

Within the last 2 weeks I saw an article (I don\'t have the reference immediately at hand) where they took a class of high school students to a lab and compared DNA. Students of different \"races\" quite often were more similar to each other genetically than students of the same \"race.\"

My ancestors were Eastern European Jews. My wife\'s parents are Puerto Rican, which means they have indigenous American as well as Spanish ancestors. I am frequently required to fill out forms stating my son\'s race. It\'s a concept that has less and less utility.

That said, culture is a concept with some utility. Groups of people do create cultures with varying rules of behavior.

I know that JV Kohl writes that Asians do not sweat as much as Europeans. (Again, I don\'t have his book at hand, but I can try to verify this tonight.) I have no problem with such generalizations when they are backed up by data. But I would not be so quick to pile on TBONTB when he makes a valid point.

Race is a very charged concept. There have been studies \"demonstrating\" the intellectual inferiority of nonwhite races. TBONTB is asking us to consider carefully the scientific validity of the concepts we use. I support his effort. That does not mean that we have to speak in hushed whispers. But we do need to clarify the content underlying those concepts and expose their ideological origins.

ToBeOrNotToBe
04-17-2003, 04:54 AM
nonscents, I couldn\'t explain this better than u did /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thank you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

metroman
04-17-2003, 08:26 AM
I\'am a white male of European ancestry. I sweat less than most other people in my phenotype unless its really hot &amp; I\'m working out. How does the amount you sweat affect your own personal pheromone signature? More or less none or nol?

nonscents
04-17-2003, 08:34 AM
metroman,

No one knows. But that won\'t stop us from giving you an answer.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-17-2003, 01:29 PM
Ok Phenotypically speaking, phenotype differences occur inside and outside the body. A person genotype determines the genetic basis for his or her phenotype. Races have evolved through evolutionary differences in the way genotypes react to different enviroments. Race is defined by biology and sociological diffences. So when you combine the fact that genotypes react differntly to differnt enviroments, adaptation over millions of years in geographic location has caused a mutation in the phenotypical characteristics. Of course, with the global world we live in today, interbreeding between the races has created a mixed race category. Scientist know for a fact that some diseases are confined to certain races. Anyhow, i know from experience that different races, generally react differently to the same amount pheromones. I am sure there are exceptions. Then again pheros are a not a clearly \"Black or White\" issue. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif