PDA

View Full Version : Import Austria

mikey
04-15-2003, 12:47 AM
Hello guys !

Has someone experience with import to austria ??
2 months ago, i want to order APC vom love scent -> 3 weeks then i got a letter from our \"tariff-office\" : your package is not definded ...

cool what*g*
Would be nice if you post your experience\'s here (;

mike

elvido
04-15-2003, 01:33 AM
You should use a fed-ex shipping method when ordering from europe. In my experience, both from love-scent and other unrelated purchases from the US, it by-passes import tariffs. Certainly this method is more expensive alone, but you avoid the tariff and the headacke of the process involved with picking up the package or re-ordering the product.

Xehupatl
04-15-2003, 04:34 AM
Dude no problems here. Customs opened the package and had me pay a whopping 25% extra (as usual) [import-tax or something: more like greedy-austrian-customs-SOBs-tax]!
But all the orders arrived more or less quickly (it takes up to a month via USPS) - if you want the package quickly, go with the FedEx or UPs or Global Express (or whatever Bruce offers), it\'ll arrive within a week, but I\'d only choose that option with a large order. You wanna buy the newbie-set ($25) and pay $30 for shipping. AAAH
hey another idea, why don\'t you go to the german love-scent thingamajig (uh.. what\'s the address? love-scent.de??)?

Stefan

franki
04-15-2003, 04:38 AM
It is still shipped from Colorado if you order there ..

Franki /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CJ01
04-15-2003, 07:12 AM
Orders from the US coming into the Eu is always a case of hit or miss. I doubt that using Fedex is gonna help as it will still have to go through customs. But try it if you want. You can also place several small orders instead of one big one.