PDA

View Full Version : DD#1

ShyGuy
04-11-2003, 07:52 AM
I don\'t have a roll-top bottle, so I thought I would mix up some DD#1 in a Love Scent atomiser and use dabs from that. Do you think that would work well? Does anyone know how many dabs I should use?

Cloud9
04-11-2003, 07:54 AM
There should be an amount listed in the reference section under the cookbook and mixes

ShyGuy
04-11-2003, 07:57 AM
\"Recommended dosage: three/four swipes around your body\" I guess that\'s for a roll top. I was wondering if I could use dabs instead, and how much to use.

Watcher
04-11-2003, 11:59 AM
Try playing around with the amounts a bit to find an optimium dosage for you, if you are someone who wants everyone to tell you what to do, id say 6-7 dabs.

ShyGuy
04-11-2003, 01:02 PM
K. I just want to be careful not to OD.

Phantom
04-11-2003, 01:09 PM
lol, Watcher will get you killed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif, try 3-4 dabs instead then increase as needed

ShyGuy
04-11-2003, 01:15 PM
Thanks. I think I\'ll start with three dabs then. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif When I think about it that makes sense since the amount of npa is the same as in jb#1, and that\'s the recommended dosage for jb#1 too if I\'m not mistaken.

ShyGuy
04-11-2003, 04:13 PM
Crap! Spilled 5 ml of DD#1 on the table next to my kitchen sink. Tried washing it of as best as I could... but the table now has a faint SOE smell. Oh well...

Phantom
04-11-2003, 04:25 PM
I always say, PUT ALUMINUM FOIL ON ALL YOUR MIXING SURFACES. I once spilled something and I was able to pour it back into the bottle.

ShyGuy
04-11-2003, 04:32 PM
Good advice. After the first spill I put some plastic foil on the table when mixing what I had left.

Lutz
04-11-2003, 10:45 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
PUT ALUMINUM FOIL ON ALL YOUR MIXING SURFACES.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Yeah, that\'s a real good advice. I should start doing that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ShyGuy
04-12-2003, 03:04 AM
I think I\'ll try out DD#1 later today. By the way, does anyone know of any cover scents that covers/compliments the SOE smell of DD#1? (The ones I have now are: Le Male, Boss, CK One, Casran, and CK gift set: Obsession, Eternity, Escape, Contradiction and CK One. Would any of these work well?)

Cloud9
04-12-2003, 04:52 AM
you can try rubbing in a small amount of lotion onto your SOE spot to lower the smell of SOE.

Phantom
04-12-2003, 04:59 AM
If you knew how stong the scent of AE/m and PPA/w together was and how it was easily covered with some body lotion you would be baffled. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Watcher
04-12-2003, 12:03 PM
My intention with that mix was to have it worn without colonge, id let the SOE go out there as youre cover colonge because NPA is scentless.
*PS - I watcher created DD#1 in a previous incarnation on this forum. Offically my nickname is Watcher (Donaldduck - DD)

tallmacky
04-12-2003, 12:25 PM
My intention with that mix was to have it worn without colonge, id let the SOE go out there as youre cover colonge because NPA is scentless.
*PS - I watcher created DD#1 in a previous incarnation on this forum. Offically my nickname is Watcher (Donaldduck - DD)

HAHAHAHHAHA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ShyGuy
04-12-2003, 04:11 PM

I don\'t think SOE covers the NPA that great, my mum complained I had a cat-pee smell. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

upsidedown
04-12-2003, 05:27 PM
Shyguy...just keep the NPA to a minimum in the mix....you might have to back off to the minimal amount where people can\'t smell it. Just experiment.

ShyGuy
04-13-2003, 09:16 AM
I\'ll try adding some more SOE. Perhaps doubling the amount of SOE (SOE/NPA 14:3). I guess it should not be a big surprise that the NPA smell is too strong. Looking at posts on the forum, NPA should be mixed with cologne at a ratio of 1:5. In DD#1 that ratio is 1:2.33. Has anyone else found that DD#1 is too stinky?

Won\'t adding more SOE change the way the mix works? Like make it more social/less sexual? I don\'t want to be stuck in LJBF land with the girls I meet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

oscar
04-13-2003, 09:36 AM
ShyGuy,

You ain\'t smelt nothin\' yet! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

If you think 7SOE/3NPA is stinky at first, just let it sit and steep for a week or two.
It gets much worse.
I think the synthetic musk components of SOE act as fixatives and grab hold of everything foul smelling in NPA and enhance their smell.

I\'ve always thought that the guys who create these 7X/3NPA mixes must have defective schnozzes. Either that or they\'re in the group that aren\'t able to smell Androstenone.

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Watcher
04-13-2003, 11:41 AM
Hey i can smell ANone loud and clear, ok shy guy try this combo

20 % SOE
30 % NPA
50% WAGG

ShyGuy
04-13-2003, 01:03 PM
I think the synthetic musk components of SOE act as fixatives and grab hold of everything foul smelling in NPA and enhance their smell.

So do you think adding more SOE would be a waste, and I should just save what SOE I have left?

ShyGuy
04-13-2003, 01:03 PM
Hey i can smell ANone loud and clear, ok shy guy try this combo

20 % SOE
30 % NPA
50% WAGG

Sorry, don\'t have WAGG.

oscar
04-13-2003, 02:12 PM
-from ShyGuy

So do you think adding more SOE would be a waste, and I should just save what SOE I have left?

How much of what you have left would it take to double the SOE content of what you have left of the DD#1 (after the spill)?
If it would use up half of what\'s left, I\'d say no, go ahead and use the 7:3 with a cover if necessary, and keep it on hand.
It\'s a good idea to make mixes that you personally haven\'t tried in very small quantities at first. Like 7 drops and 3 drops, or 14 and 6, but always under a milliliter. That way if they require adjustment you won\'t be risking large quantities of product.
Recycled perfume sampler tubes are great for this.

ShyGuy
04-13-2003, 05:05 PM
Well, I have about 4 ml SOE left. Doubling the amount SOE in the mix would take 2.33 ml SOE. Don\'t really know what to do now. Maybe I\'ll look around for a dropper and mix 10 drops of DD#1 with 7 drops of SOE and see how it smells.

BTW, good advice on using drops. I should have done that first, but I thought the mix was proven to be great (since it was in the cookbook and everything). Maybe it would have been better to get the chem set, so I can mix unscented SOE and stuff. That would make it easier to use cover scents too.

To those that use DD#1: What colognes do you use to cover the DD#1 (and how much)?

Watcher
04-13-2003, 11:45 PM
AXA Deordorant.

bundyburger
04-13-2003, 11:57 PM
Watcher, I think (pretty sure) it\'s AXE not AXA in the U.S.

Cloud9
04-14-2003, 06:15 AM
Bundyburger is right I believe it\'s AXE in the US

Phantom
04-14-2003, 06:32 AM
Crap! Spilled 5 ml of DD#1 on the table next to my kitchen sink. Tried washing it of as best as I could... but the table now has a faint SOE smell. Oh well...

lol, I spilt 1/5 of my AE on my work table /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif (lol that bottle is so small, I tipped it over with my pinky /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif). It was the first time I did\'nt use Aluminum Foil, and the second time I spilt something /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif. Bad Phantom, BAD! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif.

PS. LOL, I feel your pain!!, Spilling sucks!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ShyGuy
04-14-2003, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the sympathy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

By the way, is the APC in JB#1 strong enough to cover the NPA smell, or should I increase the amount of APC/use another cologne as cover?

oscar
04-14-2003, 12:59 PM
ShyGuy,

I go 5:1 with a modified JB that I use regularly, but I put chem-set (1mg/mL) Nol, Rone, and A1 in there too. In my opinion NPA is every bit as stinky as these others whose concentration is more than double NPA\'s, so the 5:1 seems to work for them all.

Never throw away an empty NPA bottle! They are the sturdiest, most reliable, knapsack/pocket/purse phero carrier I\'ve found. AE bottles have a less conspicuous profile for carrying in a pocket, but won\'t take a beating quite as well as an NPA bottle.

ShyGuy
04-14-2003, 03:16 PM
ShyGuy,

I go 5:1 with a modified JB that I use regulary, but I put chem-set (1mg/mL) Nol, Rone, and A1 in there too. In my opinion NPA is every bit as stinky as these others whose concentration is more than double NPA\'s, so the 5:1 seems to work for them all.

I\'ll try a npa/apc 5:1 mix. Have lots of APC (big bottle). Dont have A1 though. (and only have SOE and AE with nol and rone). How much do you apply of this mix?

Never throw away an empty NPA bottle! They are the sturdiest, most reliable, knapsack/pocket/purse phero carrier I\'ve found. AE bottles have a less conspicuous profile for carrying in a pocket, but won\'t take a beating quite as well as an NPA bottle.

Good advice... too bad I threw my empty NPA bottle away yesterday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Watcher
04-14-2003, 07:44 PM
SOE bottles are sturdy and quite useful applicators.