PDA

View Full Version : Yo, Scientifical People

**DONOTDELETE**
04-10-2003, 08:59 AM
estratetraenol ( estra-1,3,5(10),16-tetraen-3-ol )

whaddizit? Is this the same stuff we call -nol?

likewise,
androstadienone ( 4,16-androstadien-3-one )
is this our good old -none?

franki
04-10-2003, 09:10 AM
No, the second one is our good old A-1.

Franki /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
04-10-2003, 09:11 AM
A-1 attracts women?

BassMan
04-10-2003, 09:12 AM
http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB4&Number=13123&Forum=Al l_Forums&Words=estratetraenol&Match=Entire%20Phras e&Searchpage=0&Limit=99&Old=allposts&Main=13117&Se arch=true#Post13123 (\"http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB4&Number=13123&Forum=Al l_Forums&Words=estratetraenol&Match=Entire%20Phras e&Searchpage=0&Limit=99&Old=allposts&Main=13117&Se arch=true#Post13123\")

Sorry, I was being disingenuous in the other post.

Androstadienone is \"our\" A1, and is in Realm/w. Estratetraenol is not available on l-s, and is in Realm/m.

I posted further documentation in the other thread.

franki
04-10-2003, 09:12 AM
A-1 brightens the mood of women. Especially when they are PMS-ing.

Franki /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Watcher
04-10-2003, 11:40 AM
Yes it is our good old friend a1, good for calming women down who are at that time of their cycle.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-10-2003, 11:47 AM
Yes,dears, I know it\'s good for calming. I didn\'t realize it was good for attracting at all.

Did we know that?

BassMan
04-10-2003, 11:53 AM
The way Erox uses the stuff, they have the male wear the male stuff, the female wear the female stuff. The theory being that if you are calm and happy yourself, you will be more attractive. So yes, we knew it was attractive, albeit differently than some of the other pheros.

I\'m working on a similar theory for WAGG.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-10-2003, 11:55 AM
I asked her if she was affiliated in any way with Erox and here\'s what she said:
\"I am not nor have I ever been associated with Erox or any other perfume/pheromone company except my own, House of Rose, LLC. \"

She sent me several pages of pheromone research information.

She\'s a very nice woman.

Jeeves
04-10-2003, 11:58 AM
the CW around here has never said that it was good for attracting. aka has posted several times to the opposite, but no one other than Oscar ever corroborated his findings that I can remember. After about a year working with A1, I can\'t say that it\'s an attractant in my experience, but it certainly serves as a \'fixative\'...it seems to give a memorable positive vibe that causes \'brand loyalty\' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I\'d go so far as to say it creates the impression that you are the boyfriend even before you are the boyfriend...
FWIW, I\'ve found that I need to put it with none to get a real attraction going...I think none raises the interest, and A1 makes it stick.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-10-2003, 12:23 PM
Well, that\'s certainly worth something. I had never heard of it used for anything but pms treatment.

So it\'s kind of WAGG-ish, sounds like. It smells like WAGG to me, anyway.

xvs
04-10-2003, 05:00 PM
A1 and WAGG seem to have some similarities, but one big difference is that A1 makes me break out in a cold sweat and creates high anxiety, while WAGG doesn\'t do anything like that to me at all. Also, just from experience, I think WAGG produces more of a positive response from women than A1 does.

Estratetraenol (1, 3, 5(10), 16-ESTRATETRAEN-3-OL to be exact) is supposed to be a female equivalent of A1, and Erox uses it as such, but in some fairly recent research it was found that both A1 AND estratetraenol caused men to become depressed.

Estratetraenol is supposed to make women a bit happier, but I experimented with it and got really strange reactions. I think I smelled like a woman and that confused them.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-10-2003, 05:03 PM
Y\'know ... I wonder if men react to A1 the way women react to copulins. I wish I could get a real good fix on what they mean by \"depressed.\" Is it just more in touch with emotions, feeling more emotionally labile?

Thanks for a very informative post, in any case.

xvs
04-10-2003, 05:06 PM
It\'s not \'more in touch with my feelings\'. To me A1 produces anxiety, sweating and nervousness. As if I drank too much coffee or something worse.

I\'m not kidding about the sweating. It\'s a really strange experience to find women reacting positively to you, acting friendly and flirtier than usual while you yourself feel totally nervous and are sweating like a pig.

Not fun.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-10-2003, 05:31 PM
Wow.

Jeeves
04-11-2003, 02:44 AM
In the interest of equal time...I\'ve found I get neither sweats nor nervousness...but then I already drink too much coffee, so who\'s to tell? xvs, if I remember correctly you also found that you had less than desireable reactions to none as well. It sounds like the sensitivity to the mones worn could vary greatly by user. since A1 is effective at such low doses, maybe I\'m not wearing enough to get the full force of the negative side effects. Or maybe because I wear so much more nol than A1, so the effect gets cancelled out.

DrSmellThis
04-11-2003, 03:06 AM
A1 OD: Dread, depression; anxiety; like you want to cry for help. Goes away after several hours.

DrSmellThis
04-11-2003, 03:09 AM
No the secret is small doses. In fact, from now on I think I\'ll dilute A1 about 4:1 and try one drop.

Irish
04-15-2003, 06:51 AM
McClintock did the definitive psychological study on exposure to A1 and EST. It showed significant mood elevation in women (both substances) and slight negative effects on men. Her work was well designed and thorough.

In another study McClintock showed that EST lights up men\'s brains in the area of the hypothalamus (and other areas), and A1 lights up women\'s brains similarly. The effects were gender-specific. If you\'re interested in that angle, Savic\'s study is more conclusive and clear in showing gender-dimorphic brain effects from exposure to these substances. Savic\'s study convinced a lot of folks that human pheromones exist. Sobel also did some work with EST and brain effects in men. These papers have real pretty color pictures of brainscans - great science too.

All of these studies support earlier work by EROX, who holds the patents on these substances for cologne additives. The EROX work had always been a little suspect becuase of coroprate sponsorship, although the scientists involved had good reputations, and their work has been subsequently validataed by other researchers.

My experience with using A1 varies from girl to girl, from noticeable \'excitement\' to nothing. I don\'t think there\'s a negative od hazard. It smells like a milder none. I\'ve gotten used to it and don\'t really notice negative effects anymore. Not much of an attractantant, although mixes well with nol IMO.

Don\'t have experience with EST except as a presumed component of Realm for men.