PDA

View Full Version : Amouage - Maybe not the best for immature noses.

bsxs
04-08-2003, 03:52 PM
I\'m 17, and I have to say, Amouage\'s results have been very inconsistant. I wear Amouage Dia. The only things I\'ve heard are negative about the smell. \"What\'s with the weird smell in here?\" \"Someone\'s wearing a lot of cologne\" \"It smells horrible in here.\" I don\'t wear a lot either. There have been positive results too but they could be all in my head, or result of the pheromones. Maybe it\'s not the best for younger people. The only cologne I\'ve ever been complimented on though is Acqua de Gio. That was like only once too.

Elana
04-08-2003, 03:56 PM
Dia for men smells amazing! I\'m sure it smells heavenly on you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Phantom
04-08-2003, 03:58 PM
I\'m getting alot of compliments daily wearing Angel/m, it\'s really a scent of aquired taste but the girls love it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Elana
04-08-2003, 03:58 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmm Angel YUM YUM

bsxs
04-08-2003, 04:05 PM
Is it an acquired taste for you, or the girls around you?

Phantom
04-08-2003, 04:07 PM
It was an acquired taste for me, the girls swarm around me to take a sniff when I wear the stuff.

bsxs
04-08-2003, 04:10 PM
How much do you wear of it? Where do you wear it? What pheros do you wear with it?

Lol this is like 21 questions.

Phantom
04-08-2003, 04:18 PM
Well right now I apply 2 drops of AE/m and 2 dabs of PPA/w to neck, then after it dries, I go on to the Angel/m, 2 sprays under each pit 1 spray on center of shirt and 1 spray on each side of neck (front, back, left, right) Thats 9 sprays, you might think thats alot but thats why I wait 1 hour before I go out. By that time the scent has died down a LOT and it\'s at the perfect intensity /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

(Don\'t rub in the pheromones or the fragrance in because it WILL alter the smell.) I just let it drip on to my shir colar.. ect, if you rub it in with your fingers you\'ll probably cut the fragrance lasting power in half.

Andy
04-08-2003, 04:51 PM
I love A*Man too (is it called \"Angel for Man\" in the States ?). There is just nothing out there that smells similar in any way, it\'s really unique. I have the Impression that the smell of Alter Ego stings with A*Man. It\'s note mixes really up with the cologne and leaves a bad overall impression to my nose somehow. I don\'t use AE/m with A*Man anymore and prefer diluted P10 for this job.

Phantom
04-08-2003, 04:56 PM
If you have a really keen nose you can sense that 1 note in AE/m is exactly the same as a note in A*Men, it blends in very well in my opinion.

bsxs
04-08-2003, 05:03 PM
Does anybody ever say you\'re wearin too much? Is Angel a weak scent that needs a lot of sprays?

Phantom
04-08-2003, 05:06 PM
Angel comes on strong but fades into a delicious scent.

When I first smelled angel it was nauseating to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif, now I love it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

no one ever has said to me that I was wearing too much, I think I have perfected the art of wearing Angel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Phantom
04-08-2003, 05:09 PM
One girl I don\'t know that much came up to me today, put her arms on my shoulders, took a big sniff and then began to give my neck fluffy soft kisses /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

bsxs
04-08-2003, 05:17 PM
Wow [bad word]!

Lutz
04-08-2003, 07:34 PM
\"One girl I don\'t know that much came up to me today, put her arms on my shoulders, took a big sniff and then began to give my neck fluffy soft kisses\"

Wow, and that\'s w/o mones? That\'s pretty cool, dude! I should look into this Angel thing... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

xvs
04-08-2003, 08:32 PM
I think you may be right about Amouage not being suited for young people.

When my samples came, I had a bunch of 20 something girls smell the Amouage Gold, and responses I got included \"smells like an old lady\" and \"smells like baby lotion\".

After that \"old lady\" comment it started smelling like an old lady to me too, and I had to stop wearing it!

I still like the silver cristal though.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-08-2003, 08:41 PM
Baby lotion. $200.00 for baby lotion smell. Dag.

bundyburger
04-09-2003, 12:27 AM
Lutz - \"I should look into this Angel thing...\"

I\'ve just got it and it was too strong for me at first.
Once I figured that it wasn\'t good to sniff it directly... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif ...I\'ve actually come to like it.
It smells better after it has been sitting on you for a little while. In fact I REALLY like it now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Haven\'t worn it out yet. I\'m pretty confident it\'ll be noticed. (good or bad. lol)

Will have to wait and see how it goes with de ladies. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif