PDA

View Full Version : Amouage - is it really good???

hasan
04-08-2003, 06:56 AM
friends, i\'m a new user. In the forum, people had discussed few days back & was told by Drsmellthis, amouage is more effective than phero products. can anyone tell me the phero content in amouage?. I\'m a male of 35 years old from India. To get more hits from females which one is best..Gold or Dia or Gold cologne etc., & when i tried asking for samples from their Oman office i\'m not getting any response. what to do?

Pls advice me on this.

Thanks

MaxiMog
04-08-2003, 07:38 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
friends, i\'m a new user. In the forum, people had discussed few days back &amp; was told by Drsmellthis, amouage is more effective than phero products. can anyone tell me the phero content in amouage?. I\'m a male of 35 years old from India. To get more hits from females which one is best..Gold or Dia or Gold cologne etc., &amp; when i tried asking for samples from their Oman office i\'m not getting any response. what to do?

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

I dunno if it\'s MORE effective than pheros, but Amouage surely adds to the pheros and vice versa.

The Gold amouages contain civet, ambergris and musk, animal substances well-known fot their aphrodisiac qualities and natural pheros. So if you want to significantly \"improve\" your phero signature, go for the gold ones.

It has been suggested that the female gold version gets men more success with women than the men\'s and I would have to agree. After having me had sniffed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif by several ladies at college , the female version is definitely a winner, in fact, they all preferred the females version. One of them even said she thought the Men\'s version smelled like cow\'s [bad word] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif (and she was actually rather serious about it).

I don\'t find the men\'s version bad at all, but the females version is in fact a little bit nicer I think, and it seems to last longer on me too! (more than 24 hours) Add to that that women like it more, and it\'ll come as no surprise that I\'d chose the females\' gold over the men\'s anyday!

Besides, when a woman goes out to test fragrances, she will decide what she herself likes, but that doesn\'t mean others will like it on her. Same with men. Just ignore the fact that a fragrance is (fe)male. If you like it yourself and others like it on you, it doesn\'t matter what gender it was intended for. The dividing of fragrances in male and female is a rather new thing (nineteenth and I think even twentieth century) and is mainly for economical reasons.

franki
04-08-2003, 07:47 AM
Don\'t you think the ladies version smells way too feminine? I would feel strange when I would be wearing it in public..

The girl that thought the men\'s amouage stinks, is the same kind of girl that detests -none I would think. Culture tells them to not like it, but still they are very much attracted to it.

BTW, the Amouage fragrances are real good. I can only recommend them.

Franki /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lucky
04-08-2003, 07:56 AM
&lt; One of them even said she thought the Men\'s version smelled like cow\'s [bad word] (and she was actually rather serious about it).
&gt;

This is crazy. The men\'s Gold is out of this world....I would be very curious to know what scent this woman does like.

franki
04-08-2003, 08:07 AM
Could be that it was the wrong time of the month for that girl ..

MaxiMog
04-08-2003, 08:14 AM
The female version of Gold actually. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yeah, I know. Both or basically the same. The men\'s just has some patchouli and oakmoss thrown in. Beats me how that can change it from godlike stuff to cow\'s [bad word].

And Franki, it\'s not TOO feminine I think. The men\'s one is basically just as heavy in flowers as the women\'s, it\'s floral nature is only \'masked\' more by the extra, greener ingredients. I don\'t feel more feminine when wearing the women\'s, and should it bother me in a psychological, then I just think of what someone said once (dunno when and by whom anymore and not even the exact quote /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif): The best/most beautiful/(and all other of good qualities like that) men are female in some way (what way was that again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif).

Sigh... Athletic, good-looking, longhaired guys ya know. (like the older aristocracy but not quite so nuts)

**DONOTDELETE**
04-08-2003, 08:22 AM
Not quite, maybe -- but nearly!

SonnyBlack
04-08-2003, 09:45 AM
have any forum members had more success since they added Amouage on top of mones???

SonnyBlack
04-08-2003, 09:46 AM
have any forum members had more success since they added Amouage on top of mones??? any hit stories??

Cloud9
04-08-2003, 10:00 AM
Who the hell in their right mind would spend 200 dollars on some perfume/cologne???? half of it is the dang Gold or Silver flask that holds the fragrance....Rip offf.

MaxiMog
04-08-2003, 11:21 AM
Who the hell in their right mind would spend 200 dollars on some perfume/cologne???? half of it is the dang Gold or Silver flask that holds the fragrance....Rip offf.

I would...

Lucky
04-08-2003, 11:25 AM
Me, too.

CptKipling
04-08-2003, 11:29 AM
... amouage is more effective than phero products...

How many times has it been said that this is not the case.

Once again I wonder if there is some secret place on the forum where newbies read this stuff...

Cloud9
04-08-2003, 11:33 AM
Bump..Amouage is not more effective than Human Pheromones...Get it \"Human\" pheromones..they work well for \"humans\". Amouage has animal pheromones I believe, and some ingredients from the ass ends of the earth and it\'s all in a 100 dollar gold flask.

Andy
04-08-2003, 12:49 PM
A leadcrystal bottle with that little gold won\'t cost $100.

... I already spend it and I am fully satisfied. $200 for some really outstanding perfume or $200 for a nice meal outside with your gf, where\'s the difference ?

franki
04-08-2003, 12:51 PM
I might add that this $200 bottle wil last you FOREVER.

Cloud9
04-08-2003, 01:51 PM
you can get the same results with pheromones on and a good smelling cologne. I think a lot of the Amouage has to do with the placebo effect. I\'m not sure how humans can be affected by animal pheromones that people say are in it? Anyway, if you users love the stuff and have the money, by all means buy it. I mainly got mad because they don\'t put it in a glass bottle and make it much cheaper.

Phantom
04-08-2003, 01:53 PM
do they offer refills??

Cloud9
04-08-2003, 01:58 PM
Gold and silver containers? I doubt it

Enticing
04-08-2003, 06:25 PM
Can\'t you guys just agree to disagree? There\'s some expensive women colognes that are fabulous on others, that I would not walk across the street to get. It\'s just my opinion, ya know, &amp; everyone is entitled to one.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Cloud9
04-08-2003, 06:28 PM
Can\'t we just get along /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bundyburger
04-09-2003, 12:07 AM
Cloud9 - \"I\'m not sure how humans can be affected by animal pheromones that people say are in it?\"

Why not? I\'m sure there are hundreds of chemicals (or more) that are similar between species. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Andy
04-09-2003, 12:30 AM
Pigs for example produce helluv anone.

The container of Amouage is leadcrystal with gold plate decoration. That\'s not uncommon among the high range of perfumes, what makes it so unbelievable ?!?! The flask version is even made entirely of gold.

DrSmellThis
04-09-2003, 04:11 AM
friends, i\'m a new user. In the forum, people had discussed few days back &amp; was told by Drsmellthis, amouage is more effective than phero products.

Please learn to paraphrase accurately.

DrSmellThis
04-09-2003, 04:33 AM
Cloud9 - \"I\'m not sure how humans can be affected by animal pheromones that people say are in it?\"

Why not? I\'m sure there are hundreds of chemicals (or more) that are similar between species. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yes, and perfumers have known for thousands of years that humans are aroused by these animal substances. I\'m continuing to turn down lots of offers for sex thanks to Amouage. The other night a pretty woman asked me for sex after a 15 minute bar conversation. Of course, she was drunk. (Sober they last 20. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) Further, I had a date with a hot physician last week, and a cute social worker this week; and went drinking Friday with a cute 22 y.o. -- all after meeting them once while wearing Amouage.

Lucky
04-09-2003, 04:39 AM
&lt;Can\'t we just get along &gt;

We are getting along. Differences are what makes a horse race.

Cloud9
04-09-2003, 04:42 AM
DrSmellThis, ever thought it could just be you and your personality?

ShyGuy
04-09-2003, 04:45 AM
DrSmellThis: Are there any animal mones in Dia? I have (almost) decided to buy dia, but if there are no animal mones in it, then it isn\'t much good at attracting women. Well... except that it smells wonderful.

DrSmellThis
04-09-2003, 04:46 AM
I guess you\'re right. In fact, I often go out smelling like cow [bad word], and it doesn\'t seem to make a damn bit of difference. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

DrSmellThis
04-09-2003, 04:48 AM
DrSmellThis: Are there any animal mones in Dia?

Well, none are listed, if I remember correctly. But I suspect there are, nonetheless; but in much lighter doses.

ShyGuy
04-09-2003, 04:51 AM
Thanks. But, do you think Dia is worth it? Or should I get gold, even if I don\'t like it as much?

EXIT63
04-09-2003, 04:57 AM

Yes, and perfumers have known for thousands of years that humans are aroused by these animal substances. I\'m continuing to turn down lots of offers for sex thanks to Amouage. The other night a pretty woman asked me for sex after a 15 minute bar conversation. Of course, she was drunk. (Sober they last 20. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) Further, I had a date with a hot physician last week, and a cute social worker this week; and went drinking Friday with a cute 22 y.o. -- all after meeting them once while wearing Amouage.

Hey Doc, do you mind if I ask what your mixing with?

DrSmellThis
04-09-2003, 04:59 AM
Just wear them and be honest with yourself.

I don\' think a woman needs to be able to smell it to be affected by it. To each his or her own.

EXIT63
04-09-2003, 05:07 AM
Oh...So you do mind.

DrSmellThis
04-09-2003, 05:19 AM
Oh...So you do mind.

Sorry, didn\'t see your question.

At the risk of looking like Watcher, here was my mix:

4 dabs Edge
1/2drop PI
2 1/2 drops CS -nol
1 drop A1
1 drop WAGG
1 drop CS rone

None products applied to private and smelly areas, but -nol kept away from those areas. Others are in-between in this regard.

real_wiseman
04-09-2003, 05:34 AM
My wife really liked the Amouage Gold for men scent when I tried it on, much better than the Dia scent for men, but IMHO I think that Dia smells a lot better than Gold.

Maybe I should stay with Gold since \"everybody else\" (ie my wife...) likes it or go for Dia that I myself like (but not my wife...)

Anyone?

// W

Elana
04-09-2003, 05:47 AM
I am in love with Dia for men. Even more than Gold

CptKipling
04-09-2003, 10:48 AM
DrSmellThis, ever thought it could just be you and your personality?

No it couldn\'t be.

He never used to get women before Amouage... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
04-09-2003, 11:13 AM
What\'s confusing me is that he seems to have bought it just for the pleasure of turning women down! ?!?

EXIT63
04-09-2003, 03:46 PM
In my best Jewish Mother voice.

You should have such problems!

**DONOTDELETE**
04-09-2003, 04:08 PM
Oh, shoot! I turn women down all the time.

Andy
04-09-2003, 04:51 PM
I prefer to lay them down .. but that\'s just me.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-09-2003, 06:03 PM
tee hee

Andy\'s quick with the wit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Andy
04-10-2003, 01:51 AM
I am much quicker when it comes to taking off clothes. I am a bra cleptomaniac, taking it off without having the woman to notice I did /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. I really love this surprised expression on their faces the first time, thehe.

bundyburger
04-10-2003, 02:35 AM
Of course they\'d be surprised. They wouldn\'t have been expecting you to be wearing a bra in the first place. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Andy
04-10-2003, 02:40 AM
Hmm ... you must have a split personality to be able to steal things from yourself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I don\'t wear bras, but not because i won\'t, it\'s because I think a bra wouldn\'t fit my style. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

bundyburger
04-10-2003, 02:52 AM
Maybe we need to invent the sports \"Ball Bra\" for us well endowed individuals. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I\'m sick of all the bouncing about they do when playing sports.
I don\'t know about you, but that chaffing can a be a real b!tch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

More your style? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Elana
04-10-2003, 02:55 AM
:::Elana peeks into thread....men talking about wearing bras::::

I\'m going back to bed..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Andy
04-10-2003, 03:01 AM
Hey ... that\'s the idea ... rocket bra, base bra, basket bra (you\'ll need a big one for this) what\'s this crap about clubs, nets and such anyway. Let\'s invent bras as ultimate sports tool, maybe that\'s the way to get rid of men that aren\'t able to open a bra for the suffering womenship.