PDA

View Full Version : Best Brand/Style of Watch?

bsxs
04-06-2003, 07:39 AM
Girls do sometimes look at a man\'s watch. What do you think is the best looking watch?

Enticing
04-06-2003, 08:01 AM
Well it should sort of show what kind of interests he has, and reflect his surroundings. Like I like diver\'s watches, but it would look sort of funny on the wrist of a businessman at a board meeting. Likewise a fancy metallic silver watch with blue face, looks a bit out of place on a basketball court. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Know what I mean?

EXIT63
04-06-2003, 08:02 AM
Movado
Tagheure
ebel
etc
Not a Timex lol.

bsxs
04-06-2003, 08:06 AM
How bout Swatch?

**DONOTDELETE**
04-06-2003, 08:06 AM
If you wear glasses with metal frames, or if you wear any type of jewelry, the metal on your watch should match the other metals you\'re wearing. I notice metals that don\'t match. Other than that ... pfffft.

Sexyredhead
04-06-2003, 08:10 AM
I\'m partial to Fossil myself. It\'s what I wear, and what most of my guy friends (whose watches I\'ve noticed) wear. Fossil\'s got a pretty good range of styles, and the metal is stainless steel, which means I won\'t ruin it no matter where I wear it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CJ01
04-06-2003, 08:26 AM
I reckon the brand and price is irrelevant. What´s important is that whatever you wear, it should look good on you. You can have the most expensice watch ( or whatever) if it doesn´t suit you it´ll just look stupid. Pick one you like and suits you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CJ

seadove
04-06-2003, 08:33 AM
I\'d like to have a Rolex 18K please.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

frenchie
04-06-2003, 08:36 AM
I agree with you, CJ01. I like watches. I have a Swatch (a funny one with some cornflakes drawings on it), but I always wear a black Casio, an old one, for several years. I don\'t like watches with digital numbers.
Some brands : Swiss Army, Swatch (the skin models).

MaxiMog
04-06-2003, 10:29 AM
The Modena collections @ http://www.citizenwatch.com/uk/frame_noflash.html (\"http://www.citizenwatch.com/uk/frame_noflash.html\")

(\"uk\" can be substituted by \"us\" or \"ca\" for other models)

There used to be more watches in this collection (3 more, I think). The nicest one doesn\'t seem to be depicted anymore, but the others are still pretty nice.

belgareth
04-06-2003, 10:54 AM
Fossil watches are next to indistructable. I\'ve worn one for almost eight years now after destroying numerous other watches in short order.

xvs
04-06-2003, 11:13 AM
I don\'t see the point of a watch now that I carry a cell phone everywhere.

I think of my cell phone as a pocket watch!

But then again, I never liked the way watches felt on my wrist.

When I did buy watches, I\'d pick one up on Canal Street in NYC that was a replica of something super-expensive like a Baume and Mercier or a Vacheron Constantin. For $12 you can get something that looks almost as if it cost $5000 and which works fine for at least a year or so.

Watcher
04-06-2003, 11:17 AM
A LORUS watch costing 60 dollars is all i wear, it looks expensive but is fairly unobtrusive and doesnt look stupid on me either.

Lutz
04-06-2003, 12:55 PM
\"When I did buy watches, I\'d pick one up on Canal Street in NYC that was a replica of something super-expensive like a Baume and Mercier or a Vacheron Constantin. For $12 you can get something that looks almost as if it cost $5000 and which works fine for at least a year or so.\"

LOL I was thinking of the same thing...

camusflage
04-06-2003, 03:39 PM
This is my watch (\"http://www.citizen-seiko-watches.com/ebay/27/images/AP2224-81J.jpg\"). Titanium, solar-powered, lots of complicated looking dials and whatnot.. It suits me perfectly, and has garnered me many compliments from men and women over the three years I\'ve worn it.

Woman
04-06-2003, 05:21 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Girls do sometimes look at a man\'s watch. What do you think is the best looking watch?

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

The watch a man should NEVER look at when he is with me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cloud9
04-06-2003, 06:45 PM
Depending on how much money you want to spend here is a line up of watches I\'ve had experience with and that I know are good.
1. Rolex two-tone Submariner
2. Breitling professional divers watch
3. Swiss Army
4. G-shock(Digital)
if your going for looks then you probably want an analog watch, but if your going for something cool and you like digital watches G-shock is great.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-06-2003, 06:54 PM
I love Fossil watches, have three of them. They don\'t make a bad design.

bundyburger
04-06-2003, 09:20 PM
These Fossil watches sound interesting. Never heard of them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Time to search... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif