PDA

View Full Version : What A Great Guy!

upsidedown
04-04-2003, 12:07 AM
Not the pheromone...the real thing.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/5552797.htmv (\"http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/5552797.htmv\")

frenchie
04-04-2003, 12:44 AM
yes, he is a very courageous man ! sacrificed his life in Iraq for human reasons.
But God, this american girl is so young !! why don\'t they send more experienced soldiers instead of 19 yo people ? I can only shake my head, this reaches the limits of my english...

Frenchie /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

seadove
04-04-2003, 12:55 AM
frenchie

The earliest draft age in most countries is 18 and by the time they are 19 they are probably seargants (men & women alike).

This is not unusual, like if they would want to start collage education, after a draft period of 3 years I would say this is quite a correct age.

I would prefer a draft free world where no war exists.Don\'t you think?

/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Watcher
04-04-2003, 01:09 AM
Well it seems that he was good to help the americans, saved her life and rescued a POW. Lets hope more of those people living in Iraq help the americans weed out saddams secret services etc and get them into confinement and get iraq democratic asap. Although if SARS was to break lose in Iraq big humanitarium problems will arise.

frenchie
04-04-2003, 01:57 AM
Seadove, I agree with you.
I don\'t really care about the legal age for going to the army, I know it\'s 18 in most countries. I am a human being, not a number.
When I went to Israel, I had noticed that the most experienced soldiers were in the hot places (eg Hebron at this time), and the youngest in \"easier\" places, where there was a little less risk. That\'s what I was thinking about.
And I think that any 19 yo boy or girl living in a less developed country (whatever the country) is more an adult than the same aged one in Western countries.
/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Bruce
04-04-2003, 02:34 AM
Upside,
That is a great story. I have been thinking about trying to contact the man after the war is over and maybe send some sort of gift in appreciation.
Bruce

Bruce
04-04-2003, 02:37 AM
Frenchie,
I am quite sure she was not a front line combatant. The way I understood it was that she was part of a support team that was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Whenever there is a war, there a LOT of folks who are not on the front lines: mechanics, medics, supply clerks and on and on. I think her unit \"took a wrong turn\" somewhere and got ambushed.
Bruce

EXIT63
04-04-2003, 04:51 AM
You are correct. Women are NOT frontline soldiers. She was part of the 507th Maintenance Company.