PDA

View Full Version : Amouage / DrSmell is King

Lucky
04-01-2003, 12:53 PM
I bought the men\'s and women\'s Amouage Gold....put the men\'s on my husband and I honest to God thought I would eat him right up. It is the very best male fragrance ever.

I really liked the women\'s Gold on me too, very rich and sensuous, but it was nothing compared to what the men\'s did for him.

Thanks for the wonderful tip, DrSmell. You know your stuff.

Elana
04-01-2003, 01:08 PM
The Gold and the Dia (men\'s and women\'s) are both out of this world. I haven\'t tried the silver yet.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-01-2003, 02:09 PM
I want my samples! I want my samples! :-( waaaaa!

Lucky
04-01-2003, 05:10 PM
Don\'t put the Gold on SDR! You won\'t let him leave. I\'m not kidding.

Watcher
04-01-2003, 05:13 PM
FTR/Lucky lol im laughing my ass off at the moment.

Elana
04-01-2003, 05:18 PM
<<Don\'t put the Gold on SDR! You won\'t let him leave. I\'m not kidding.>>

I agree

bundyburger
04-01-2003, 05:36 PM
<<I want my samples! I want my samples! :-( waaaaa! >>

I\'m sorry, but I had my \"contacts\" ambush your samples.
We can\'t have you being any more sexy then you already are /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

I tried the same for Elana, but THOSE \"contacts\" mysteriously haven\'t gotten back to me since the mission began. /ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif I fear for their safety.

Watcher
04-01-2003, 05:39 PM
I want some samples to, i should be recieveing a SOE gel pack soon because i took part in the survey in lasts months information ezine. Good source of information to.

DrSmellThis
04-02-2003, 02:24 AM
I\'m happy to see it.

Amouage armpits during sex! Smell!

I like that everyone\'s perfuming sophistication seems to have taken a leap forward lately, judging by some comments I\'ve seen...My personal favorite is the woman\'s, but that\'s because I like women.

Incidentally, I don\'t mean to hog attention away from l-s products; this is a perfume that enhances their effectiveness.

ShyGuy
04-02-2003, 02:52 AM
I wonder if the people at Amouage are puzzled at the extra attention they have been getting lately? /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

aaron
04-02-2003, 03:00 AM
I wouldn\'t be surprised at that. I know for a fact that Wendy\'s e-mail must be burning by now with overload. She\'s obvoiusly getting very confused. To whit: her e-mail to me:

\"Dear Nathaniel......\"

My name isn\'t Nathaniel...the lady is getting very, very busy methinks. Do we have a Nathaniel in the forum /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

qrius
04-02-2003, 03:44 AM
sounds like amouage is abit \"adult\" smelly, is this true or can i (19 yrs) use it without smelling like my dad or something?

Elana
04-02-2003, 03:46 AM
The Dia would be perfect for a young man

qrius
04-02-2003, 04:08 AM
how much does this cost, and where do i sign? /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

seriously, any way to get a whiff of it or a sample? i\'ll gladely pay for it, but i was told this is like the most expensive perfume on earth or something, would be nice to know that i like the smell before i purchase a full bottle...

franki
04-02-2003, 04:10 AM
Qrius, just go to Amouage.com and ask Wendy for some samples.

Franki /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Woman
04-02-2003, 04:45 AM
Lucky and Elana, you guys are so right about the men\'s Amouage Gold! I didn\'t have a sample of it with the first order I received but I received the samples from Wendy yesterday and I agree, this is the absolute best men\'s fragrance in the world! I can\'t get enough of my S/O with this on. I\'m ordering it today before his sample runs out!

seadove
04-02-2003, 05:19 AM
Can anybody right down the actual E mail address?

I want a sample too.

DrSmellThis
04-02-2003, 05:53 AM
civet lends the most \"manly smell.\" youngins should minimize it as they do -none. On the www.amouage.com (\"http://www.amouage.com\") site you will find many ingredients listed if you look...

Lucky
04-02-2003, 06:42 AM
It\'s powerful, but perfect (and I am SOOOO picky). Are you a 19 year old man or boy? How do you want to be perceived? That might answer your question.

Think about the Silver for men. I like the Silver for women better on me than the Gold.

DrSmellThis
04-02-2003, 07:07 AM
This cologne has musk but not much if any civet, and may please the younger palette.

http://www.amouage.com/amouage_silver_cologne.htm (\"http://www.amouage.com/amouage_silver_cologne.htm\")

CptKipling
04-02-2003, 07:19 AM
wendy@_removemefirst_amouage.com (\"wendy@_removemefirst_amouage.com\")

oscar
04-02-2003, 08:32 AM
Lucky,

While there is only one Amouage fragrance for women that contains the word \"Silver\" in its name, there are two men\'s products which might be easily confused if not specified. There\'s the Silver Cologne referenced above by DrST, and the Silver Cristal for Men that can be seen here:

http://www.amouage.com/amouage_cristal_men.htm (\"http://www.amouage.com/amouage_cristal_men.htm\")

The two complement each other nicely in combination, but are quite distinct when worn individually. Of the two, I prefer the Silver Cologne and I think it\'s a much more appropriate choice for a younger guy than the Silver Cristal.

I find it interesting that Amouage actually offers more choices of men\'s fragrances than they do women\'s.
There don\'t appear to be women\'s equivalents of the Gold or Silver Colognes, both of which are listed as men\'s formulations.

Having tried all the men\'s fragrances with the exception of the Gold Cologne, my favorites in descending order are:
Dia
Silver Cologne
Gold (eau de toilette)
Silver Cristal

Has anyone gotten the Gold Cologne? I\'d be curious to hear some reviews. It\'s interesting to note that this fragrance doesn\'t list any products of animal origin among its ingredients.
http://www.amouage.com/amouage_gold_cologne.htm (\"http://www.amouage.com/amouage_gold_cologne.htm\")

But then, neither does the men\'s Dia.
http://www.amouage.com/amouage_dia_men.htm (\"http://www.amouage.com/amouage_dia_men.htm\")

I too would like to thank DrSmellThis for turning us on to this line of fragrances. While everything Amouage makes isn\'t exactly \"my cup of tea\" straight out of the bottle, I know that I\'m going to find uses for all the products, including the women\'s line, with a bit of experimentation.

Thanks Doc ! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

DrSmellThis
04-02-2003, 08:40 AM
Anything for my posse.. /ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif

ShyGuy
04-02-2003, 08:49 AM
Do you think Dia or Gold would be better for a 27 year old male? I really have trouble deciding. First I thought Dia was the best, but when I tried them yesterday, I thought Gold was better. It\'s almost like the Dia smelt better when I first got it.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-02-2003, 09:05 AM
Dear Renee,

Following our inclusion in an internet open forum we have been inundated with requests for samples, please bear with us and if you still haven\'t received any by the end of next week email me again

Thank you for your patience in this matter

Kindest regards
Wendy Hewitson
European Sales Manager

I\'ve been waiting since the 12th of March.

Phantom
04-02-2003, 09:10 AM
Poor lil\' Renee /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif, I wonder how they found out about the forum....

**DONOTDELETE**
04-02-2003, 09:14 AM
I know!

I wonder if they\'re happy or upset about it. Their sales are going to go through the roof. ...

ShyGuy
04-02-2003, 09:18 AM
That might have been my fault. She asked, so I told her about the LS forum. Well... it\'s not like it\'s a secret, right?

qrius
04-02-2003, 01:15 PM
i would have to say grown boy. haven\'t started to wear ugly clothes yet, so i\'m not a man (just kidding...i know, it was lame:)

i wear mostly skate clothes, and i\'m still very childish (as you see from my \"sense of humour\"), but i guess it wouldn\'t hurt if the chicks looked at me as abit manly. not too manly, though... don\'t wanna hear \"you smell like my dad or grampa\" /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

MOBLEYC57
04-02-2003, 01:17 PM
Once everybody in the world finds out about mones at LS...Bruce will be a millionaire, but then there would be a need for something better to make one stand out in the mone crowd. /ubbthreads/images/icons/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif AMOUAGE!? /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif No worries mate...we should all be dead by that time. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif I just wouldn\'t want everyone in my town wearing mones...ONLY ME...ONLY ME...ONLY ME!!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif TATER!!! A secret is only a secret if two people knew it, and one of them is dead. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Andy
04-02-2003, 02:10 PM
Pheromones aren\'t working anyway. This is complete bs and I can\'t suggest trying them. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

MOBLEYC57
04-02-2003, 02:19 PM
I feel your pain Andy. Your opinion noted. Take care...be well. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

DrSmellThis
04-02-2003, 03:20 PM
They are delighted about it.

bundyburger
04-02-2003, 05:02 PM
They\'d have to be. On this forum we get a sense of how many \'posters\' have requested samplers.
I\'m wondering how many \'lurkers\' have also requested samples. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
04-02-2003, 05:10 PM
I\'m so relieved they\'re happy. They could be pulling out their hair and frantic, with the sudden demand.

I bet lurkers a-plenty have beseiged them.

oscar
04-02-2003, 05:29 PM
Doc and all,

I requested my samples of Amouage via email on 3/23. Received a return email from Wendy on 3/26. Package was postmarked 3/28. Received today 4/2.

The evaluations of Amouage I posted earlier were the result of having ordered samples from ParfumsRaffy.
The Silver Cristal samples from Raffy, both men\'s and women\'s, were in hand filled and labeled sample tubes.
The samples of the Cristals from Amouage were both in one sample folder clearly (factory) marked as \"Gentlemen\'s\" and \"Ladies\".

I had thought that the men\'s Silver Cristal was surprisingly more floral (to some folks I even described it as \"funereal\") than the women\'s version.

It would appear that ParfumsRaffy got their labels mixed up, because what I was sent as Men\'s Silver Cristal by them is clearly the Women\'s Silver Cristal according to Amouage. And vice versa. I\'m not quite sure yet how this will affect my rankings of the men\'s line. Gotta start over.

So if anyone else was foolish enough to pay for these samples from Raffy (like ME), you too may have some erroneously labeled stuff. Be forewarned!

Still haven\'t gotten any Gold Cologne, dammit!
I did get something I hadn\'t heard of: Eau d\' Amouage pour Femme (edt). I don\'t even see this stuff on Amouage\'s homepage.
Light, powdery, floral, and feminine. Might be my favorite of the women\'s line. A bit like Creed\'s \"Spring Flowers\" I think.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-02-2003, 05:40 PM
pfffft

Screw it. I\'ll just wear Angel.

Oscar, how come you rate?

oscar
04-02-2003, 05:46 PM
FTR,

Whenever I send an email I always include <<pics>>! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
04-02-2003, 05:49 PM
Send me some Amouage, I\'ll have some taken specially for you. Any particular pose you prefer?

hasan
04-03-2003, 06:31 AM
Dr. smellthis,

Do you mean to say Amouage is effective than pheromone products? I\'m confused on that. I\'m a male of 35 years. To get more hits from females, which is best? which one should i go for.. Gold, dia etc.,you\'re talking about & where can i get the samples?. pls advisey.

thanks

DrSmellThis
04-04-2003, 03:28 AM
The Gold products have more pheromones. That is the reason I advocated for them. It has also to do with Crowley\'s theories....

hasan
04-04-2003, 06:52 AM
what do u mean by SDR???

**DONOTDELETE**
04-04-2003, 07:10 AM
SDR stands for Studly Do Right -- my so-called boyfriend. She told me not to put it on him or I\'d never let him leave.

Sexyredhead
04-05-2003, 05:36 AM
My Amouage samples came yesterday! Yayyyyy!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wow!They all smell so good, but they\'re a bit overwhelming at first. Gotta try them one at a time to see which one I really like the best. Y\'all were right though, they smell different after they\'ve been on a while, and even the next morning. I guess I\'ll have to take a day or so with each.

franki
04-05-2003, 09:03 AM
I got my Amouage samples! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I sprayed on the Gold EdT, just 2 sprays, and it is a pleasant and rather overwhelming sophisticated scent. I associate this scent with luxury hotels and other exclusive things.

Franki /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sexyredhead
04-05-2003, 04:35 PM
Well, after sniffing them all day today (just in the bottles) I\'d have to say my two faves are the Amouage Gold (women\'s version) and the Eau d\' Amouage. Actually, the Eau d\' Amouage is my fave, but the Gold I keep having to sniff. lol

These are nice-sized samples, y\'all. Anybody know who sells the Eau d\' Amouage?

FTR, get yours yet? I sent Wendy an email Wed. before last, so you definitely should have gotten yours by now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Is there a definite men\'s version favorite of anything by anyone?

EXIT63
04-05-2003, 04:39 PM
Have any guys tried wearing the womens samples?

**DONOTDELETE**
04-05-2003, 06:18 PM
No, still nothing. I sent her another email and said look, whatever you sent me must have been lost in the mail - I have not received anything and people who asked for samples later than I did have long since received theirs. So she begrudgingly sent me another set (something along the lines of \"ALTHOUGH I have already sent you a full complimentary set of samples, I will send out some more...blah de blah\"). I continue to wait and hope. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Phantom
04-05-2003, 06:22 PM
lol, lay down the law FTR! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

DrSmellThis
04-05-2003, 07:21 PM
Perhaps you need to beg.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-05-2003, 07:47 PM
Apparently.