PDA

View Full Version : Sensitive skin and Razor Burn...

Thanatos
03-31-2003, 03:52 PM
Anyone have any advice on a product to use for razor burn? The lil\' lady gets it every time she shaves her bikini line and it puts a real damper on our play time if ya know what I mean. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

A google search pulled up Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel for a top hit.

Phantom
03-31-2003, 03:54 PM
( http://www.allnaturalbreastcare.com/bikini.htm (\"http://www.allnaturalbreastcare.com/bikini.htm\") ) My girlfriend has that shaver and it never gives her razor bumps. You can probably find it cheaper elsewhere but i\'m just to lazy right now to search.

Thanatos
03-31-2003, 04:24 PM
Thanks Phantom, that looks like a winner

**DONOTDELETE**
03-31-2003, 06:26 PM
Goldbond Medicated LOTION, not the powder.

But the real solution is to get it waxed instead. It only hurts for a second, the hair grows back in soft, and she won\'t have irritation from shaving.

Also - use a triple blade razor (Schick Venus) a new one, for that area and shave after she\'s sat in the tub for a little while to soften the hair.

Also - do it every single day. A lot of the irritation comes from the pricklies you get when you don\'t shave every day.

But the word is WAX.

Or, at least, Nair.

Thanatos
03-31-2003, 06:38 PM
She gave me a pretty dirty look when I told her she should just wax and \"take it like a woman\". hehe. So I guess that option is out.
She\'s tried Nair a few times and have always ended with at least a light chemical burn no matter how long she leaves it on.
She is pretty fair skinned and burns up real easy in the sun to give ya an idea on how sensitive her skin is. That product that phantom suggested looks like it could do the trick. (Which I just placed an order for.) Let\'s cross our fingers. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
04-01-2003, 04:51 PM
Good luck. I can\'t use depilatories, either, because of sensitivity to the chemicals. I can\'t afford laser hair removal. So I trim, and whoever doesn\'t like it doesn\'t have to go there. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif It\'s softer that way anyway.

Elana
04-01-2003, 05:19 PM
I am a waxer. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif
Smooth as silk

Watcher
04-01-2003, 05:38 PM
Aussie product called hair no more allows me to wipe it off 5 minutes after application, retards hair growth also.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-01-2003, 08:13 PM
Elana, how often do you have to wax?

Gerund
04-01-2003, 11:40 PM
\"Wax on, Wax off\" (Mr. Mayagi-son in The Karate Kid) /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Elana
04-03-2003, 03:50 AM
<<Elana, how often do you have to wax?>>

Maybe once every 3 weeks.