PDA

View Full Version : Pheromones diffussion discution

**DONOTDELETE**
06-24-2001, 10:06 PM
Hi all, this may seems weird and quite technical but...

As many of you probably know, there is a kind of \"package deal\" with pheros application: getting the right concentration vs. diffusion of the stuff in the air. I mean, if you apply much pheros there is chances that they will be percieved from a larger distance but when a girl comes near you, you are risking to overdose and get adverse reactions.

So to speak, theoricaly we should try to get most homogeneous diffusion ( approx. the same concentration far and near the person ). Offcourse, it depends what kind of encounter you want. Putting just a little for a date could be great and then for more close contact later it should do a nice job. But in a bar, it is different since you have to deal with chemical inteference, close contact and wide range detection at the same time... Tell me what application method you prefer from the above and how it can prooves some of the theorical points below:

On chest: avantages obvious, nice diffusion and in a useful direction (front) and keeps a certain distance for close contacts. Not easy to use with drop based products.

On neck: Get some interesting pulse points (therefore homogeneous diffusion) but a lot of skin bacteria in there and not great for close contacts.

Behing hears: I wonder if this diffusion method really pulls pheros in the right direction. A nice pulse point but is there significantly less skin bacteria in this region? Can we avoid them just with soap?

On the side of shoulders: Definitly one with a wide range diffusion.

And finnaly, one overloaded with pheros would look like \"unsafe\". If assuming that androstenone makes you look more alpha-male or more \"rude\" would overloading be less probable with androstenol ( described by certain as more \"chatty\" )?

Thanks for your advices.

Ludovic Darmk

**DONOTDELETE**
06-24-2001, 10:06 PM
I think if you have something relatively mild, like Xcite/PF you can spread it over a large surface area (neck and arms) or put it in your hair for great diffusion. If you\'re using something very concentrated, like PI, I think the best spot is the wrists. You get a lot of diffusion but it\'s not at face level.
As far as the \"package deal\" problem goes, I\'ve had a few instances of a girl giving me a warm smile from four or five feet away and then abruptly cooling off when I got closer. But most of the time it\'s seems I\'m either atractive at any distance or creepy at any distance. So I\'d say there\'s probably not such a fine line between sufficient and overloaded. Probably, If you smell sexy from three feet away; you\'ll still be attractive six feet or several inches away.
Anyway, that\'s been my experience.

-----
evolve