PDA

View Full Version : how would you interpret this?

bivonic
03-28-2003, 06:38 PM
I\'ve hung out (not dated) this girl a few times, and twice she\'s asked me, \"are you jealous of him?\" she will say that with a smile. I like this girl & she knows it, so I am honest with her & I tell her \"yes\" with a smile. Her reply to that is, \"you shouldn\'t be.\"

In general when a girl asks me if I am jealous should I be honest or always say no & try to play it off like, \"jealous of him? You gotta be kidding me, he\'s got nothing on me...\" and then find a flaw in him? And then maybe if she sees through my BS be like, \"well maybe I\'m jealous of the attention you are giving him.\"

**DONOTDELETE**
03-28-2003, 06:52 PM
Truthfully, I think a girl who is that blatantly manipulative does not deserve an honest answer so tell her whatever you feel like saying at the moment. But I liked your last one, I\'d use that first, because it comes right back at her and it\'s honest.

Male jealousy is a form of flattery so it\'s never a good idea to say you\'re not jealous when she asks you, if you\'re in positive flirting mode (lots of compliments and admiration).

Pretending total nonchalance, though, is maddening to a girl who wants to make you jealous -- like, roll your eyes and smile and say \"Oh, yeah. It keeps me up nights.\" chuckle and let her wonder whether or not you meant it.

bivonic
03-28-2003, 07:40 PM
Thanks FTR!

Yeah she\'s very competitive, independent & confident, almost to the point of being cocky, but when she realizes she hits a nerve with me (like going to far) she warms up to me & makes sure I didn\'t take it the wrong way by overly flirting & kino.

I just really enjoy being with her, I was out with her & another buddy of mine & I just had the time of my life, this is that girl I though might have been gay.

Funny thing is she told me she only dates guys 30+ which I thought was kind of odd since she\'s 23, but I\'ll admit she\'s a very bright girl & I like that, maybe she just finds guys her age too immature & childish.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-28-2003, 07:58 PM
That\'s so great you have fun with her.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-28-2003, 08:00 PM
I\'m curious, how do you see it playing out if you were to say you were jealous of the attention she\'s giving him? How would you imagine her responding to that?

bivonic
03-29-2003, 12:39 AM
I\'ve told her in general that I am jealous. I\'m not sure if I initially stated in this thread or not, but let me explain a little more detail.

We are hanging out at my watering hole & \"Sally\" is waiting on us, we really came by because our usual hang out (where they hang out & I know them) was really crowded & she does not like crowds (nor do I)

So we are having a freaking blast, these guys are ordering a round of JD every other round & putting it on my tab, it got to the point where my tab was over $100 & Sally says to me, you do realize they are putting all of this on your tab & I\'m like, yep, no problem.

Anyway I\'m hanging out with my bouncer friend when this guy comes in, he knows my name & shakes my hand & is like \"Hey <bivonic>, remember me? I\'m <Jolene\'s> friend. He\'s the tool that gave me the stiff shoulder when I was chatting with her about 2 weeks ago, I recognize him & I slip up (oh well) & say oh yeah, hey man, we are in the back shooting pool. So of course him & his buddy go back there & she\'s chatting with them & I\'m getting aggravated as it\'s bringing back memories from the first time I met him & he was a complete a-hole.

So I get my other buddy who wanted to go back to the original bar anyways to head back with me & I left Blaylock with a choice, hang out with this guy she likes or join us.

She chooses to join us & go back to the original place.

She is like bragging how isn\'t she cool, she chose to hang with her friends rather then the guy she [bad word] a few weeks earlier, I show my displeasure with her attitude & that is when she goes on the ego trip asking me if I am jealous of him.

Again I\'ve had quite a few beers & not to mention the shots these two fed me, so I went the simple route & just said yes.

As I said before she said I shouldn\'t worry. She knows where I stand, but she is definitely an attention whore, now that we are better friends I can give her more \'neg-hits\' if you are familiar with that style, essentially it\'s a cross between sarcasm & playing hard to get, you do not insult her but at the same time you say things that are neutral & definitely cannot be interpretted as a compliment.

Let me preview this & make sure I did not miss anything...