PDA

View Full Version : Do soap and water wash of pheromones??

newuser
03-27-2003, 09:35 PM
Will soap and water in the shower the next morning wash off pheromones? I\'ve read that some use rubbing alcohol to wipe them away. Is that necessary, or will a good shower wash everything away and prevent the OD?

DrSmellThis
03-28-2003, 01:15 AM
I never worry about washing them off very much, but I\'d say just use soap and wash touble spots twice if you\'re determined. I find a good sauna, steam room, or long hot tub soak is best.

Sexyredhead
03-28-2003, 01:56 AM
Well, ANTIBACTERIAL soap will get rid of them, so I\'ve been told lately.
However, I don\'t usually have antibacterial soap, but I can\'t smell -mones after my shower every day, so I consider them gone, or at least much reduced in concentration to the point that I don\'t worry about OD.

I\'m sure if I\'m wrong someone will chime in here. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Irish
03-28-2003, 07:10 AM
Soap and water work fine. Hit the area twice if you\'re worried about it.

The pheros products we use are mostly synthetic concentrations of secretions naturally produced by our bodies. Modern bath soap works very well at dissolving skin secretions and washing them away. I use a bath scrub-brush and any good deodorant soap - no problems.

People here use antibacterial soap to try to cut down the bacteria colonies on their skin...the idea is that when they apply phero products the bacteria that break down pheros will be reduced. Good theory, although you can\'t really rid your skin of bacteria, only reduce the number for a short while. Pheros are good bacteria food, and there\'s always colonies on the skin surface and imbedded in lower levels - they will eventually feed on your pheros and turn them into smellier chemicals. But antibacterial soap will delay/reduce that effect.

Bubu
03-28-2003, 08:49 AM
Also, to wash out bacteria from ALL Your body every day in a long term will cause reduced natural skin protection to all other bacterias. So antibacterial soup used for first off all washing Your hands, and after You was exposed to \"dirty\" matter.

Mtnjim
03-28-2003, 09:33 AM
For years there were warnings about the overuse of bateriacides because the survivors would be immune and multiply. Today, we have antibacterial soap, toilet cleaner, counter wipes and loads of other antibacterial stuff. This has me worried, society has become obssesed with being \"clean\". What happens when we really need something \"antibacterial\" and everything is immune?

CptKipling
03-28-2003, 06:13 PM
It also means our immune systems are very much weakened. It no longer needs to fuction as well, and when something big comes around, people can find themselves in a lot of trouble.