PDA

View Full Version : What is with the red names and the moderators

Watcher
03-26-2003, 05:48 PM
Ok so do we have more moderators now, and why is cuddlebear and balgareth red and also moderators, just wondering what is happening ? is the system being hacked again ?

Phantom
03-26-2003, 05:51 PM
lol, I think cuddlebear and balgareth are red just to distiguish them from everyone else and to keep them safe from the imposter/s.

Watcher
03-26-2003, 05:54 PM
Oh well that would explain it, perhaps we could give colours to people with more than 500 posts. That way they could avoid being used as a imposter with someone with a similar name to attack this forum, we know by the names with our username ie recovery phreodude etc who is real and who isnt.
Bruce just bans the rest.

cuddlebear
03-26-2003, 06:20 PM
Belgareth & I are moderators. Bruce is trying to take at least a partial vacation and we are watching out for any more jokers like you know who (the fake Cuddles/Madmaxx) .. that is why our names are in red. We can bleep out the offender\'s posts if he tries it again from another computer. Bruce already got rid of the IP he was working from previously. Cuddles /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Phantom
03-26-2003, 06:21 PM
yea cuddlebear, just saw your name on the Who\'s Online page, you are a Moderator /ubbthreads/images/icons/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Watcher
03-26-2003, 08:37 PM
That was a very smart move on bruces behalf, yeah keep those trouble makers out, they tend to flare up from time to time, i remember the problems da_skeptic caused about a year or so back.

Bruce
03-27-2003, 01:50 AM
I think this is the first time we have ever had this type of attack, ie: this recent moron posing as various reputable forum members and making multiple posts. I can\'t watch the board 24 hours/day, so I asked a few folks if they would mind being \"deputized\" to handle emergencies. I will continue to handle the usual problems. They would only jump in in the case of an obvious act of \"terrorism\". I didn\'t realize the red colored names were going to make them stand out like that. I mean, hey, even my own name doesn\'t do that (thank God).
Bruce

Watcher
03-27-2003, 11:44 AM
Now they come up as green lol, it must take a lot of youre time going through each individual thread, made more difficult as the forum gets bigger i guess.

upsidedown
03-27-2003, 11:56 AM
>>Now they come up as green lol,<<

Well, we figured if you can change your hair from red to blonde, we could change our names from red to green. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Actually, it appears that the moderator names tend to change based on what tasks we are able to perform. There were some changes since yesterday, but things have probably settled in by now.

I kind of liked the red better, but oh well.