PDA

View Full Version : Ugh!!!!

Sexyredhead
03-26-2003, 05:10 PM
I just re-opened a gel pack of SoE that\'s been used once before--about two weeks ago. It smelled good coming out, but once I rubbed it on my skin--Ugghhhh!!!! Almost all I could smell was -none! /ubbthreads/images/icons/mad.gif
I usually love the smell of SoE, but I had to cover this with some Saturnalia before I could let myself leave the house! Is it just that I\'ve gotten used to the scent, it\'s gotten old and some of the cover scent has evaporated, or maybe that I just got through with \"girl-time\" and I\'m just extra sensitive to it? Something else entirely maybe? Did it always smell this way???

Phantom
03-26-2003, 05:15 PM
The SOE\'s probably gone rancid. Nol - None conversion might be the culprit because of bacterial contamination or oxidation.

cuddlebear
03-26-2003, 05:17 PM
Agreed .. this is the most logical answer if the pack had already been opened ... Gel packs are going to always be harder to keep closed than bottles ... as long as a freshly opened gel pack has never smelled like that, then that\'s probably the explanation ... especially if you say it\'s a NONE smell ... Cuddles

Sexyredhead
03-26-2003, 05:17 PM
I hope that\'s it. I usually love the way SoE smells. Well, guess I\'ve got a healthy does of -none on tonight, as well as cops. I\'ve been a bit stand-offish (sp?) tonight, because I don\'t want to offend anybody. Strangely enough, nobody has said anything, or moved away. Hmm....

Watcher
03-26-2003, 05:26 PM
Its the normal batcerial action that has taken place over 2 weeks, its turned to ANone and other compounds. Hence the aggressive feeling, you need to use them within a few days otherwise that happens.
I had the same experience with a x-cite wipe recently.

Sexyredhead
03-26-2003, 05:31 PM
I\'m not feeling aggressive. More like I-just-got-sprayed-with-skunk-now-how-do-I-get-it-off.

Watcher
03-26-2003, 05:46 PM
Lol he he, i know Anone is either rotten or nice smelling, i just got sprayed with skunk now how do i get it off. Well an anti bacterial soap thats how, i know youre joking but there is a serious answer also.
I always feel calm and aggressive in a controlled way a lot of the time.
I might need more pain killers i think, those redheads amoung us always need more according to new studies.

Phantom
03-26-2003, 05:58 PM
I think jkohl should add Triclosan (relatively cheap antibacterial) to the SOE gels and oils to keep them from going rancid, cause this is a complete waste of good product.

Sexyredhead
03-26-2003, 06:03 PM
Well, regular soap and hot water is not getting it off.
OTOH, the guys were pretty submissive tonight, so I might just go with it. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Are you a redhead, Watcher?

cuddlebear
03-26-2003, 06:24 PM
I\'m a redhead watcher ... /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Sexyredhead
03-26-2003, 06:24 PM
Then I guess I better be good, since you\'re the new boss... /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

cuddlebear
03-26-2003, 06:27 PM
No, sweetie, the main reason I was given the capability to delete/modify was that this joker was using my name to slander me big time and it also gives Bruce an opportunity to do something else for a little while anyway. I don\'t expect to be touching anything other than stuff like what that other dude posted ... Cuddles /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Phantom
03-26-2003, 06:29 PM
Where did Bruce go?

Sexyredhead
03-26-2003, 06:34 PM
I know. I was just teasing. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Nobody would have thought that other guy was you anyway. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

cuddlebear
03-26-2003, 06:37 PM
Bruce didn\'t really \"go\" anywhere, he is just trying to take at least a partial vacation. You\'ll still see him if you check who\'s online every now and then. I telll you, you can appreciate what he does more when you sift through a whole bunch of threads on topics that don\'t even interest you, to make sure some lackey hasn\'t infiltrated the thread ... Cuddles /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Watcher
03-26-2003, 08:45 PM
And a good service is does to, its good to have some moderators and a good move on bruces behalf as the forum gets bigger.

In reference to the comments to the redhead, i went red with a colouring agent for the last 2 months but the colour came out recently so im back to being a natural blonde, although i get better seuxal response being red

Sexyredhead
03-26-2003, 09:59 PM
are we talking tomato soup red, or a natural-looking red?

Very good service. When I left, the jerk had started up again. /ubbthreads/images/icons/mad.gif

koolking1
03-27-2003, 05:27 AM
as stated previously, anti-bacterial soap will remove the scent. After I open an SOE gel pack, I fold back about a 1/4 inch the opened end and then use a paperclip to hold the fold in place and haven\'t had any problems with the product going rancid.

Sexyredhead
03-27-2003, 05:48 AM
Don\'t have any antibacterial soap. I guess I\'ll have to invest in some.

I had folded the top over and put a clip on it--still bad. Then again, it has been two weeks or so since I last used it.

upsidedown
03-27-2003, 06:15 AM
SRH

Interesting that you had this result. I also fold over my packets and paper clip the top of them. I have used gel packs that were clipped like this for weeks at a time and found no problems with them going bad.

I always thought that it was the bacteria on the skin that caused this -nol to -none conversion....not exposure to air. I thought the only thing air exposure would do is cause the pheromones to lose their potency. So, I wouldn\'t have thought your open pack should have done anything except cause the -nol to be less potent. But, I could be way off base on my hypothesis here.

Curious.

Sexyredhead
03-27-2003, 07:15 AM
I don\'t know what happened. I kept the packet in a drawer with my other -mones. Like I said, it smelled fine (like normal SoE) when I squeezed it out, but when I sniffed it on my arm not two minutes later--Boom! Major whiff of -none!

Had a shower yesterday a.m., and worked inside all day, so I wasn\'t all nasty or anything.

Maybe it was just THAT packet. The other one I had (both samples with the newbie kit) lasted well over a month, being stored the same way--folded over and held with a clip in that drawer.

Irish
03-27-2003, 08:27 AM
If you have any of that packet left squeeze it out on some paper without touching the gel, and see if you get the same perception as when you smelled it on your skin. The fact that it smelled ok at first and then changed suddenly might imply you just had some unusual bacteria/enzymes on your skin at that time. We have various colonies of germs on our skin - they tend to differ among the genders, among individuals, and at different times on the same individual. Likewise with skin excretions/enzymes.

Another possibility is what you alluded to - women\'s smell sensitivity varies amazingly over their cycle - and it has been specifically tested and proven with none and nol. So as you said, you might be particularly sensitive right now and smelling something you don\'t at other times.

Or their could be something wrong with the SoE, although previously it seemed ok and shouldn\'t degrade significantly.

Let us know if you figure it out...

Sexyredhead
03-27-2003, 08:53 AM
If I hold the opening of the packet to my nose, I can smell -none. Same on a piece of tissue. I can smell the cover scent much better from the packet, but the -none is definitely there. Maybe I just smelled it better once it was spread out on my skin.
SoE\'s not supposed to have -none in it, so something must have caused it to convert.

Watcher
03-27-2003, 11:49 AM
In reference to youre earlier thread, it was a natural red, got quite a few good reactions, but now im back to blonde, i think brown or black is next.