PDA

View Full Version : The rabbit and the snake.

EXIT63
03-26-2003, 02:45 PM
A rabbit and a snake, both orphans and blind since birth, lived in the forest. One morning, the rabbit was making his way through the forest when he accidentally stepped on the snake. \"I\'m sorry!\" he exclaimed. \"I didn\'t know you were there. You see, I have been blind since birth. I\'m also an orphan; I don\'t even know what I am.\"
\"That\'s ok\" said the snake. \"Actually, I am also an orphan, and have been blind since birth. I don\'t know what I am either. Tell you what... why don\'t I slither all over you and I\'ll be able to feel what you are and let you know\".
\"Great\" said the rabbit. So the snake proceeded as agreed, and afterwards said \"well, you\'re soft and furry, with long ears and a fluffy tail. I would say you are definitely a rabbit\".
The delighted rabbit immediately responded \"why don\'t I feel around with my paw, so I can then tell you what you are too?\"
\"Great\" said the snake. The rabbit proceeded as agreed and afterwards said \"well, you are smooth and slippery; you have a forked tongue, no backbone and no balls. You must be French.\"