PDA

View Full Version : Marketing Analogies

Sexyredhead
03-25-2003, 08:12 AM
Over the years, people have often asked me to explain the various concepts of Marketing Communications. The following analogies might help clarify the \"tools of the trade.\"

You see a handsome guy at a party. You go up to him and say, \"I\'m fantastic in bed.\"
-- That\'s Direct Marketing.

You\'re at a party with a bunch of friends and see a handsome guy. One of your friends goes up to him and pointing at you says, \"She\'s fantastic in bed.\"
-- That\'s Advertising.

You see a handsome guy at a party. You go up to him and get his telephone number. The next day you call and say, \"Hi, I\'m fantastic in bed.\"
-- That\'s Telemarketing.

You\'re at a party and see a handsome guy. You get up and straighten your dress. You walk up to him and pour him a drink. You say, \"May I,\" and reach up to straighten his tie brushing your breast lightly against his arm, and then say, \"By the way, I\'m fantastic in bed.\"
-- That\'s Public Relations.

You\'re at a party and see a handsome guy. He walks up to you and says,\"I hear you\'re fantastic in bed.\"
-- That\'s Brand Recognition.

You\'re at a party and see a handsome guy. You talk him into going home with your friend.
-- That\'s a Sales Rep.

Your friend can\'t satisfy him so he calls you.
-- That\'s Tech Support.

You\'re on your way to a party when you realize that there could be handsome men in all these houses you\'re passing. So you climb onto the roof of one situated toward the center and shout at the top of your lungs, \"I\'m fantastic in bed!\"
-- That\'s Spam

Elana
03-25-2003, 08:16 AM
/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif LMAO

MOBLEYC57
03-25-2003, 09:29 AM
You see a handsome guy at a party. You walk up to him, and say \"I´m fantastic in bed.\" He falls for it...seduction 101 a sucess! You get him naked, and he´s sporting a stiff 1 1/2 inches. You clear your throat....that´s? /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
03-25-2003, 09:56 AM
Buyer\'s remorse.

MOBLEYC57
03-25-2003, 09:59 AM
Only you FTR! Only you! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
03-25-2003, 10:07 AM
/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Gerund
03-27-2003, 07:53 PM
<giggle> Good answer, good answer! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

bundyburger
03-28-2003, 04:10 PM
You see a hot chick at a party. You go up to her and say, \"I\'m fantastic in bed.\"
-- That\'s Sleezey.

You\'re at a party with a bunch of friends and see a hot chick. One of your friends goes up to her and pointing at you says, \"He\'s fantastic in bed.\"
-- That\'s Gay.

You see a hot chick at a party. You go up to her and get her telephone number. The next day you call and say, \"Hi, I\'m fantastic in bed.\"
-- That\'s called \"f***ing it up\".

You\'re at a party and see a hot chick. You get up and straighten your clothes. You walk up to her and pour her a drink. You say, \"May I,\" and reach up to examine her beautiful necklace lightly brushing your forearm against her breasts , and then say, \"By the way, I\'m fantastic in bed.\"
-- That\'s Sexual Harrasment.

You\'re at a party and see a hot chick. She walks up to you and says,\"I hear you\'re fantastic in bed.\"
-- That\'s when you wake up with messy sheets

You\'re at a party and see a hot chick. You talk her into going home with your friend.
-- That\'s just plain Stupid!

Your friend can\'t satisfy her so she calls you.
-- She\'s a prostitute. He had no money. You set them up, now get your wallet out.

You\'re on your way to a party when you realize that there could be hot chicks in all these houses you\'re passing. So you climb onto the roof of one situated toward the center and shout at the top of your lungs, \"I\'m fantastic in bed!\"
-- Yeah...that\'s ....ummm....ok spam. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif