PDA

View Full Version : UDF reader--freeware?

HB_88
03-21-2003, 06:10 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a freeware UDF reader that works with Windows ME? And by \"free,\" I don\'t mean \"pirated.\" I mean actual freeware, as opposed to shareware (which doesn\'t work until you register it). My problem is, I\'ve recently upgraded to a TDK CD/RW, and I\'ve still got some open sessions on CD-Rs in the Adaptec format. All the free UDF readers I\'ve downloaded don\'t work with Win Me; the old Adaptec software doesn\'t recognize the new TDK drive (it was bundled with a Philips); and all of the shareware I\'ve found looks good but costs $20-30--a bit much for something I\'ll need to use only once or twice. I\'ve Googled extensively to no avail.

Thanks!

HB_88

Briela
03-22-2003, 04:03 PM
I believe this sites downloads are freeware, but not sure. You\'ll have to try it to see. It might be shareware.

http://www.bhacorp.com/download/clip_w/index.html (\"http://www.bhacorp.com/download/clip_w/index.html\")

HB_88
03-22-2003, 09:15 PM
Thanks for posting, but I tried this one and it doesn\'t work. As it says on their site, it reads only a specific kind of UDF file, and also my TDK CD/R/W isn\'t on the very brief list of compatible drives. But I tried it anyway, and as I expected, it doesn\'t do anything.

Thanks, though! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

HB_88

HB_88
04-05-2003, 01:02 AM
**BUMP!**

HB_88
04-10-2003, 08:55 PM
Yes, I know I keep bumping this stupid post, but I\'m really out of options, software-wise.

HB_88

upsidedown
04-10-2003, 09:08 PM
Sometimes you can get lucky and run across shareware that has a free trial period after which you pay if you decide to keep it. Maybe you should really scour the shareware options and see if you can find something like that. You could get all the use out of it during the initial trial period. Of course, I suspect you\'ve already examined all your shareware options and my suggestion doesn\'t apply.

CJ01
04-12-2003, 08:27 AM
I´m not sure even what a UDF reader is but there´s so many places that offer downloads for free software. Even Microsoft has some stuff. I tend to use google, type in all the keywords and something ought to come or - or not?