PDA

View Full Version : Love scent slot machine

bpg1
03-21-2003, 09:54 AM
Everytime I log on to this site on a different computer, the love scent slot machine pops up. I must have played over a 100 times and not won once- I am deeply suspicious of it. Has anyone else had similar experiences?

TBiRD
03-21-2003, 09:58 AM
this belongs into open discussion......

+The slot thingy - Its just advertizment

Phantom
03-21-2003, 09:59 AM
\"I must have played over a 100 times and not won once\"

lol actually I won a bottle of APC once but I forgot what email address I put in to receive it... I think the Odds are about 1 in 500 Email Addresses.

\"Everytime I log on to this site on a different computer, the love scent slot machine pops up.\"

The Love-Scent saves a cookie on the computer for It won\'t pop up after you tried it already, so the only way to see it pop up again is to go to another computer or clear your cookies.

TBiRD
03-21-2003, 10:04 AM
so i guess he has \"coockies deactivated\" in his Internet explorer...........set it to activated and it will be gone forever

CJ01
03-21-2003, 10:54 AM
That´s all so weird. I was able to play it only once and every now and then it pops up and when I tried to play it wouldn´t let me. So now I just ignore it IF it pops up.

Watcher
03-21-2003, 12:39 PM
I won a bottle of attraction once, oh its real but the odds are 1 in 500 attempts and if you enter an invalid email address then you will never know, its to encourage customers to look around but like everything else on bruces site is completley legitamite, unlike all those APC sites across the net selling \"carp\"

oscar
03-21-2003, 12:57 PM
Watcher,

\"carp\" ???

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Watcher
03-21-2003, 12:59 PM
Crap sorry just a simple typo.

oscar
03-21-2003, 01:12 PM
Watcher,

Sorry man, I couldn\'t help it. It just conjured this image of somebody anxiously opening a package of pheros and finding a stinkin\' fish instead. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

MAJORSOB
03-21-2003, 11:14 PM
Not all things that smell fishy are bad..lol

Phantom
03-26-2003, 04:59 PM
Watcher, what was the exact procedure you went through to claim your prize, how was it shipped and did he send you a email confirming it\'s shipment, thanks.

Watcher
03-26-2003, 05:23 PM
Its quite simple ( happened a few years ago though) i won the prize, got it sent to my email address, sent back my details and shipping address and they send u youre prize.

Phantom
03-26-2003, 05:34 PM
Did bruce send you a email confirming shipment?, just trying to find out for some newbie who won a prize who does\'nt now if it\'s been shipped out or not.

Watcher
03-26-2003, 05:43 PM
I cant remember if he did or not, i assume he would to confirm it, because it would probably remind the winner of the authenticity of the prize and also the fact that they would more than likley actually then go ahead and buy something else.

Bruce
03-26-2003, 07:16 PM
I can\'t remember what the odds are but 1 in 500 might be about right. It is all automated. If you win, you should get an immediate winner\'s screen of some sort, and shortly thereafter an email with \"You Won!\" in the subject line. We get about 2 winners/week on the average. The strange thing is that only about half respond to claim their prize. It used to be virtually everyone. All I can figure is that lots of folks have email spam filters these days and they are bouncing the announcement emails. But what about the winner\'s screen? You\'d think winners would write in about that anyway. The email says\" You won a bottle of .... Just reply to this email with your mailing address to claim your prize. Obviously if you use a phony email address to play the game, you\'ll never get the \"you won\" email, and don\'t get the prize.

It works though, and we send out prizes almost every week.

Bruce

Phantom
03-26-2003, 07:20 PM
What if they win a product thats no longer available on love-scent like Xcite wipes... ect.?

Bruce
03-26-2003, 08:47 PM
I offer something we do have; like SOE gel packs instead of wipes. I should just update the game, I suppose. :-)
Bruce

Watcher
03-26-2003, 09:17 PM
Something for future reference perhaps, once u have finished youre vaction, you deserve it considering all the work u put into this website. What about a forum only slot machine, perhaps a random prize for active forum members to have posted in the last 2 months or something - say one winner every week for a prize valued at $50 to encourage more forum members - consider it a marketing idea. Or special prizes for forum members who make special contributions to encourage extra effort or something.
Just an idea ive got floating around.

CJ01
03-27-2003, 01:31 AM
The xcite wipes are not available anymore??? They used to be so popular especially the womens´.

Bruce
03-27-2003, 01:43 AM
RE the rise and fall of the X wipes:

I had a couple of serious problems with the makers of those wipes. It just wasn\'t worht the trouble of doing business with people like that.
Bruce

CptKipling
03-27-2003, 07:52 AM
\"some newbie\"

Yeah newbies... /ubbthreads/images/icons/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif