PDA

View Full Version : Calling all AE ever users- can u help me?

bpg1
03-18-2003, 12:12 PM
I am a young male and considering buying some AE, but am concerned about what I have read about the smell. Does it really smell that bad?
I usually like to use unscented products that I can cover with Issey Miyake etc. How strong is the AE smell- is it coverable. Also, which is less smelly- the old or new one?
In the past I tried some -none heavy products but got negative responses from many other males. AE is relatively -none heavy (compared to SoE and Attraction which i\'ve been using). In people\'s experiences is it likely to lead to problems, or do the -nol and -rone mitigate the bad effects of -none?

I\'d REALLY appreciate any feedback...

**DONOTDELETE**
03-18-2003, 12:37 PM
If you do a search on spaceAEspace, you\'ll find answers to your questions - as far as I know, AE does not smell bad at all.

upsidedown
03-18-2003, 12:55 PM
I have no idea where you heard that AE smells bad....but to that I\'ll just say HOGWASH!

There\'s nothing bad smelling about either the new or older version. First, AE is from Stone Labs, and their -none is very clean smelling. Their -none smells nothing like the other product\'s -none and the cat pee smell that some refer to. It\'s -none scent is so slight that you have nothing to worry about. Some argue that the cleaner, less smelly, none in AE isn\'t as effective as the more smelly -none. I can\'t say one way or the other, but from my experience, AE has been the most effective product I\'ve used, giving the the most visible obvious signs of arousal I\'ve gotten in women I\'ve come in contact with. So, I do think it works very well.

As far as the scent, the new version has a noticable, sweet sort of scent. I would not recommend using a cologne with it. I think it\'s best used on it\'s own. If you wanted to punch up AE with a more smelly -none, such as NPA, this would be the version to use since it has a stronger cover scent to mask the smellier -none.

The older version (which is still sold on here) has a much milder scent. It is a bit soapy smelling, which may be what some refer to as a bad smell. However, this version is so mild that it is perfect to use if you want to use your own cologne or cover scent. The older scent will not clash with any other scent and is also good for using with SoE with it\'s excellent scent.

I hope I answered some of your questions and concerns. This is my take on AE anyway.

tallmacky
03-18-2003, 01:43 PM
great post upsidedown, I would like to add the new AE smells a bit like a sweet musk. AE seems to be almost failsafe alot of people have success with it much more then most other products.

TBiRD
03-18-2003, 04:26 PM
I\'m backin each and every word you said up /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Ahem , I mean its true ! AE smells GOOOOOD to say the least !

CJ01
03-19-2003, 11:53 AM
AE doesn´t smell as bad as say NPA and it´s much easier to cover up with cologne than some others.
Most of the guys never noticed that it smells. However this doesn´t mean that women will not be able to pick up the pheros smell - I know I can detect it even on myself and with perfume.

I don´t know about AE/w at all. No idea what that´s like.
AFA is almost scentless though and very easy to mix/cover up even with a very light fragrance, good product too.
CJ /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

tallmacky
03-19-2003, 12:29 PM
CJ, I was always scared to direclty cover AE because after I apply it a minute later I cannot smell anything at all and I did not want any body spray or cologne to cover it up, I know it can\'t cover up the phero\'s and such, for me AE/M is like stealth after i put it on I cant smell or feel it like TE.

CJ01
03-19-2003, 12:38 PM
You can FEEL TE? How? You´re the first person to report `feeling´pheros. Can you explain a little, sounds interesting.

You know I think it´s best if you can´t detect ie smell the pheros on yourself because that way it is easier to forget that you´re wearing them.

tallmacky
03-19-2003, 12:43 PM
my bad, by feel pretty much pertains only to smell, and the TE is usually sprayed on to my shirt and so on unlike the AE. Again my TE has about 20% EO in it.

by the way CJ is the -none in AE that strong of a smell compared to TE and so on.

Watcher
03-19-2003, 12:48 PM
AE smells much better than TE in my opinion. If you want TE use NPA instead.

CJ01
03-19-2003, 01:44 PM
You mean you have the scented version of TE right?

No, AE is nowhere near as bad as TE - defintely not as bad!

pheromack
03-20-2003, 12:49 PM
What is spaceAEspace mean I am looking for this in the search engine

CptKipling
03-20-2003, 01:36 PM
lol
\" AE \" with less spaces...

AE smells great, and it can bear smoe loading up with stinkier -none products.

The only time it smells bad is after the scent fades (takes a while, 4 hours plus). Another thing to factor into the stink equation are conversions. Quite bad smelling (NPA esque) compounds are evolved from the -nol and -rone in AE, but that does take a while so isnt normally a problem.

Mtnjim
03-20-2003, 02:00 PM
\"What is spaceAEspace mean I am looking for this in the search engine \"

Alter Ego