PDA

View Full Version : What is she supposed to say

**DONOTDELETE**
03-17-2003, 01:48 PM
when he\'s out of work and feeling like a complete failure?

If you\'ve ever been in that position, what do you want from a girlfriend? Specifically, please, if you can. What should she say, how should she act.

DrSmellThis
03-17-2003, 02:10 PM
it\'s a man thing

not too much sympathy, but no judgement either.

Normal part of life.

Something better will happen for him.

EXIT63
03-17-2003, 02:15 PM
when he\'s out of work and feeling like a complete failure?...

GET A JOB...LOSER!!!
or how about
ADIOS MUCHACHOS!!!

Ofcourse I\'m kidding...I have that feeling daily.

MOBLEYC57
03-17-2003, 02:17 PM
\"If you\'ve ever been in that position, what do you want from a girlfriend? Specifically, please, if you can. What should she say, how should she act.\"

Depends on where your heart is. If you love\'em/care for him...it will come naturally. I had a woman that said men are always suppose to pay, do all the driving, Blah Blah Blah...the type that wouldn\'t have a man if he wasn\'t working. At the time I wasn\'t working, but the only reason she stayed around was because WE were new. She even quit working, but called me a bumb when she got angry. Duhhhh!!! Don\'t do it!!! Once it leaves your mouth....you can\'t take it back. But to answer your question...what would you want to hear if you were wearing those shoes? Pretty much the same. When you do things from the heart....it normally comes natural...what to say that is. To break it down even more...there\'s not too much you can say or do to make things right for him, but letting him know that you\'re there is a good place to start. It\'s a difference between someone not wanting to work, and someone that can\'t. People often base relationships on how it goes when the sun is shining, and everything\'s just fine. I base my realationship on what happens during the storm. Lots of people find that hand that was holding theirs before the storm, come up missing after the storm is over. That\'s a terrible thing. Unconditional love is for parents to their kids. It doesn\'t belong in relationships....I stand by my woman no matter what, but when a third party is envolved, I have no problem letting go. Should she lose her job, I\'d be there! As long as I had a dime...she has a nickle. You don\'t have to say anything... your actions will probably speak louder than any pretty words you could ever possibly come up with. THE END

**DONOTDELETE**
03-17-2003, 02:54 PM
I\'ve never let him spend money on me anyway. I don\'t comingle funds in any way shape or form. Whether he has money or not makes not one bit of change in our relationship and no difference at all in my life, so there\'s really no problem for me personally in the situation and nothing for me to be mad about or pass judgment about. I\'ve been out of work myself before. For two months, once. He\'s been out of work now for seven months and it\'s really scaring him and sapping his energy.

I got to be on what\'s usually the guy\'s side of things - I want sex and he\'s just not really feeling sexual or up to it ... if I act like I don\'t want sex or don\'t care if I see him, that doesn\'t seem good ... if I act like I usually do, avid, that puts pressure on him ...

MOBLEYC57
03-17-2003, 03:04 PM
I almost always love your responses. /ubbthreads/images/icons/shocked.gif COOOOOL to the first piece! To the second....now you know how men feel!!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif It amazes me when women say, \"all you want is sex!\" to get out of giving it up, or having to say, \"I\'m bored with OUR love making.\" That\'s when the 17 month headaches starts to appear! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif They should be happy that they\'re wanted. You\'re gonna have to play it by your intelligence, with hopes that you\'ll get fed when you really get hungry. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif Annnnd! You\'re kind of stuck with \"Damned if I don\'t! Damned if I do!\" (Switched!) /ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif Yucky!!!! I\'ll always have a lap and a spanking fa ya should things really get too bad!!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif You\'ll come up with something! I have faith in ya!!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
03-17-2003, 03:11 PM
Mobley, you realize in the sexual thing, the woman can at least be pleasant and accomodating and let him have what he needs from her body without having to be too aroused or have an orgasm, if he\'s ok with it sometimes - but a guy can\'t fake. If Mr.Happy doesn\'t want to play, he just doesn\'t. And I know once you damage the ego, the erection goes with it, and then there goes the guy. So it\'s not easy.

Besides the fact this is how my marriage started it\'s inexorable downhill slide -he was unemployed off and on two years and just lost too much face in front of me, and I wasn\'t always good about it because my ass was tired of 12 hour days 7 days a week since we needed the overtime so bad.

I just hope he gets work soon. Or I\'m coming for your lap. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

bundyburger
03-17-2003, 03:12 PM
<<if I act like I don\'t want sex or don\'t care if I see him, that doesn\'t seem good ... >>

Show positive signs to him as much as you can. DON\'T act like you don\'t care if you see him.
You have to show him that he\'s the whole world to you somehow without looking like you want a full-on relationship (pressure)

Sounds like he couldn\'t wait to BE with someone this time. He certainly likes your company.
You know it\'s true that men are big babys when sick/down. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif Mother him a bit, in a balanced way of course. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

MOBLEYC57
03-17-2003, 03:26 PM
\"Mobley, you realize in the sexual thing, the woman can at least be pleasant and accomodating and let him have what he needs from her body without having to be too aroused or have an orgasm, if he\'s ok with it sometimes - but a guy can\'t fake.\"

I beg to differ madam!! I\'ve faked before! But that just shows how interested she was in me being satisfied. And I dare not please meself unless me woman gets a cummer first!!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/mad.gif

\"If Mr.Happy doesn\'t want to play, he just doesn\'t.\"

Correctamondo!!

\"And I know once you damage the ego, the erection goes with it, and then there goes the guy. So it\'s not easy.\"

Correct again!! I feel your pain! /ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif

\"Besides the fact this is how my marriage started it\'s inexorable downhill slide -he was unemployed off and on two years and just lost too much face in front of me, and I wasn\'t always good about it because my ass was tired of 12 hour days 7 days a week since we needed the overtime so bad.\"

The curse society has put on certain things!!

\"I just hope he gets work soon. Or I\'m coming for your lap.\"

I hope he gets work soon too. Buuuuut!!! In case he doesn\'t........Bring it on!!! I\'ll be your Huckleberry!!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif WARNING: A little dab won\'t do ya!!! You may not want to return home!!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif I can clean and cook too!!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

CptKipling
03-18-2003, 08:38 AM
My 2p

Let him know you are there for him, it\'s nice to know something is good in life. So caring all the way, but not overwhelming, and dont do it to the point of annoyance, obviously...

Good luck!

CptKipling
03-18-2003, 08:38 AM
My 2p

Let him know you are their for him, it\'s nice to know something is good in life. So caring all the way, but not overwhelming, and dont do it to the point of annoyance, obviously...

Good luck!

Whitehall
03-20-2003, 12:42 PM
Remind him of his history of prior successes and victories. It\'s one way of \"visualizing\" success.

Life\'s a long trip with ups and downs but a man\'s skills and abilities will endure and prevail. He just needs an opportunity to open up where he can compete.