PDA

View Full Version : Androsterone!

Phantom
03-15-2003, 03:52 PM
This might be a hard question to answer, and it\'s probably a question no one can answer.... I want to know whats the difference between

Androsterone,
Androsterone Acetate,
Androsterone Benzoate,
Androsterone Glucuronide,
Androsterone Hemisuccinate,
Androsterone Propionate,
Androsterone Sulfate Sodium,
and Androsterone Thiosemicarbazone.

Oh yea and is it true that eating celery boosts natural Androsterone levels in the body? I know DHEA does since it\'s a potent Precursor but does celery help too? thanks /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

marv14yag
03-15-2003, 04:02 PM
I don\'t know, but I know apples changes my breath, come, and body smell COMPLETLY...

So, that has to have something to do with Rone I suppose.

I don\'t have a chance to eat very much cellery.

Bart

Phantom
03-15-2003, 04:31 PM
I just found out why they say Celery increases Androsterone, its because it naturally CONTAINS ANDROSTERONE!, i\'m going to buy a whole truck load of the stuff and see if women react differently (in a good way /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif). The article says that Androsterone is released through prespiration after eating celery.... A combination of Celery and DHEA might be a killer combo, lets see what happens..... /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

This is a part of it......

\"THE CELERY SEDUCTION

Forget about all those pheromone sprays that are supposed to attract women. Researchers looking for a real turn-on tonic have focused on the potent male hormone androsterone, which is also found in celery. They believe androsterone is released through perspiration after eating. Your partner may not actually smell it on you, but because androsterone is thought to attract females, don\'t be surprised if she snuggles up real close. Even if you don\'t get lucky, keep in mind that you\'re eating a low-calorie, fiber-rich food that helps clean your teeth and freshen your breath. Not a bad deal either way.\"

The full article is here......

( http://compuserve.menshealth.com/food2/power01.shtml (\"http://compuserve.menshealth.com/food2/power01.shtml\") )

Briela
03-15-2003, 05:00 PM
The differences have to do with the sidechain(s) on the synthesized androsterone molecule:

Androsterone- no sidechain
A acetate- acetic acid sidechain (C2H4O2)
A benzoate- benzoic acid (C6H5COOH)
A glucuronide- glucuronamide (C6H11NO6)
A hemisuccinate- succinic acid (C4H6O4)
A propionate- propionic acid (C3H6O2)
A sulfate sodium- sodium sulfate (Na2O4S)
A thiosemicarbazone- thioacetazone (C10H12N4OS)

Sidechains will alter the properties (solubility,taste, smell,melting point, boiling point, etc) of the original molecule to make it more applicable what it will be used for.

Hope this wasn\'t too much information, but you asked! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Phantom
03-15-2003, 05:55 PM
Thanks it was of great help /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif i needed it for a chemistry class..... cant wait to bite into that celery /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

cuddlebear
03-15-2003, 05:59 PM
I\'m not taking any chances. Chem Kit Rone PLUS Celery /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

p.s. No I\'m not mixing them! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Briela
03-15-2003, 06:17 PM
/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Not so fast.... I don\'t ever tutor for free. There must be a fee levied for professional services provided. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

MadDoctor
03-15-2003, 09:53 PM
As I commented in my first post here, cucumbers also seem to contain androsterone or a precursor. Hmmm, maybe I should call a lab and one of FTR\'s IP lawyers...

Gullahboy
03-21-2003, 01:26 PM
Man that article on the celery seduction was good ....I am on my way to the fruit vegie maket now

rjm
03-22-2003, 04:10 PM
FWIW, you can get celery-scented oil. Try a new-age store. One note though: It is EXCEEDINGLY strong, so *A* drop goes a long way.

I\'ve gotten several comments on it (good ones! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif ), though obviously it\'s limited in what it can be mixed with.