PDA

View Full Version : VS sale: a blatant plug

MadDoctor
03-15-2003, 12:02 PM
Following up on FTR\'s glowing comments on Amber Romance perfume from Victoria\'s Secret, I headed in to the local VS shop last night. The saleslady pointed me towards the \"Garden Collection\" and said that the line was on sale at 5 for $30 (5 for the price of 2, basically). The Amber Romance smelled great to me, but I wasn\'t sure what my wife would think of it, since it\'s pretty vanilla-heavy and she does NOT usually like wearing vanilla. So I smelled the rest of the line (4 scents), there are bath products and other stuff besides just perfume.

In the end, I thought that 3 of the 4 were absolutely delicious smelling... Love Spell, Pear Glace and Amber Romance, and I ended up bringing home some of all three. As I paid the cashier commented that those three were the best selling scents in the place. My wife ended up liking the Amber Romance despite the ample vanilla, and neither one of us can pick an absolute favorite, they\'re all very good!

At 5 (1 oz.) bottles for $30, this seems like an absolute steal. If you live near a Victoria\'s Secret, you might want to check these out before they go back to the usual $15/oz.

Guys take note: Great gift opportunity, even on a student budget! /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

MadDoctor
03-15-2003, 12:10 PM
Ut oh, I see that the time has come, I will have to go to Full Member pledge night and put myself at the mercy of Elana and FTR.

\"Thank you M\'am, may I have another?\" SMACK!

**DONOTDELETE**
03-15-2003, 06:47 PM
Oh, MadDoc, the delights that await you. Congratulations on your Full Member! I hied myself hence to Victoria\'s Secret and for $30.00, got a body lotion, a hand and body cream, a shower gel, and 2 bottles of the edt of Amber Rose (one for the purse, you know)... came home, showered with the shower gel, got out and put on the lotion and the cream, spritzed myself with the edt, and man oh man, do I smell good. It is very heavy vanilla -- and sort of bourboney/rum smelling -- not my usual thing, but I like it, and you can\'t beat the price with a stick. The sale is 5 of certain items in the collection for $30.00 (it excluded the hand soap and the full size edt). A great bargain. If you can find a scent you like of Victoria\'s Secret, the lotions are really very high quality. They leave your skin like silk, and they\'re scented enough that you don\'t need much, if any, cologne or edt on top of them. Thanks for the tip, MadDoc!

MadDoctor
03-15-2003, 07:49 PM
> Thanks for the tip, MadDoc!

All credit to you, FTR! I\'d never bought a non-silk item from VS in my life, and wouldn\'t have changed that but for your post.

Elana
03-21-2003, 03:06 PM
I went into Victoria\'s Secret today and sampled the Amber Romance. It really does smell beautiful. I was with friends, so I didn\'t have time to sample the other scents. I will try to go back to the mall this weekend. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif