PDA

View Full Version : Pheromones on MTV's Big Urban Myth Show

bsxs
03-15-2003, 09:37 AM
They had a 5 minute thing on pheromones and they proved that it actually works. It bugs me that it was on MTV, I don\'t like everybody knowing about pheromones. I\'d hate it if it went mainstream.

franki
03-15-2003, 10:59 AM
At least you can impress people with everything you allready know about pheromones and brag about being one of the first to you use them.

Franki /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Phantom
03-15-2003, 11:14 AM
Actually a few weeks ago I saw a show on the discovery channel on attraction and they had a segment (about 15minutes) on twins where 1 of them used a phero product(it looked just like Pl/w so I assume it was Pl/w) and they sent them into a club 1 of stayed in the bathroom and the other went to the bar area and just stood around (the one without the pheros) she only got approached by one guy.

Then the twin went back to the bathroom to switch with her sister but before she went out, she put on a few dabs of Pl/w and when she went out to the bar she got approached by 5 or 6 guys than just 1 like the other twin did....... they both were wearing the same thing and looked exactly the same.

mokes
03-15-2003, 11:41 AM
They\'ve been mainstreem for quite awhile. Just be glad they aren\'t advertising the products. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Watcher
03-15-2003, 12:22 PM
That would be such a bad idea really.

mokes
03-15-2003, 12:30 PM
Also, it\'s really only teenage girls that watch that show, not that many guys watch that show. So, I wouldn\'t worry about it too much.

Phantom
03-15-2003, 12:38 PM
\"it\'s really only teenage girls that watch that show\" how do you know that exactly?.... i\'m a guy and I watch it /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

MadDoctor
03-15-2003, 12:39 PM
> Also, it\'s really only teenage girls that watch that show, not that many guys watch that show. So, I wouldn\'t worry about it too much.

Sadly, mere minutes after posting this, mokes was crushed to death by a stampede of guys chasing an 18 year old hottie wearing Fallen Angel. Rest in peace, mokes.

/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Watcher
03-15-2003, 12:41 PM
Crushed to death chasing a 18 year old hottie, oh heck we know its usually them chasing us he he.

mokes
03-15-2003, 12:58 PM
Really? You watch it on a normal basis and everything? Alright, lemme\' rephrase that:

\"Mostly teenage girls watch this.\"

Edit: Haha--hope your significant other doesn\'t watch it too. ;P

tallmacky
03-15-2003, 01:24 PM
yeah phantom hope your girl doesn\'t catch the show heheh.

I finally saw the show, it was like you said a 4-5 minute segment and the products they showed all looked different to me. With most peoples attitudes I doubt thre is a crisis blooming but its just going to happen. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

mokes
03-15-2003, 02:03 PM
Personally, I don\'t think that most of the MTV viewers are going to be willing to spend fifty+ bucks on a pheromone product. :P

Especially when they find out they\'re only 5 - 20 ml.

bsxs
03-15-2003, 02:06 PM
I doubt MTV watchers even know what a ml is. They just buy bottles of cologne from Abercrombie and splash half of it on them everyday.

tallmacky
03-15-2003, 02:12 PM
HAHAHAHAH

mokes
03-15-2003, 02:16 PM
So true.. But then.. That\'s a GOOD thing.. THEY\'LL OVERDOSE! Bwahahaha...

ShyGuy
03-15-2003, 02:53 PM
It\'s a bit worrying... Just think what might happen in a club if 100\'s of guys all put on an od of -none...

tallmacky
03-15-2003, 02:54 PM
SFM would happen man

Spontaneous Female Masturbation

Elana
03-15-2003, 02:54 PM
That already happens when you walk into a room

mokes
03-15-2003, 04:02 PM
Heh, just cought that show--and they were showing off Athena or whatever it\'s called. That\'s the same stuff that\'s advertised in issues of Popular Science.. It goes for about a hundred-bucks a pop.. I honestly DOUBT they\'re willing to spend that much on a product.

bundyburger
03-15-2003, 05:04 PM
I\'ve noticed more phermone sites and adverts popping up recently. Soon everyone will be aware of them.

We have a lot of things going for us here. Even if they do become mainstream.

1. All of us know how to use them effectively and not OD etc.
2. We have the knowledge that you have to chose a product that suits you.
3. Most people will find it hard to believe. Even if TV shows air segments that supposedly \"prove\" they work.
4. We here are aware of the fact you have to work on other areas of attraction as well.

/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif ...Still I\'d rather them stay secret.

tallmacky
03-15-2003, 05:09 PM
Elana, you are so tempting! Yeah I have noticed women break into SFM wherever I go they just don\'t like to admit it. nude E coming any time soon?
---------------------------------------------

Most people want a quick fix, they don\'t want to read on and on and actually learn how a science in its own works.

Elana
03-15-2003, 05:12 PM
<<nude E coming any time soon?>>

Not a chance in the world, little boy /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

tallmacky
03-15-2003, 05:14 PM
little boy? mommy? haha why so elusive big E

Elana
03-15-2003, 05:15 PM
I just can\'t stand the thought of me corrupting your 17 year old mind

tallmacky
03-15-2003, 05:24 PM
I am already beyond corrupted, I find most younger teens on up to 21 year olds are possible the worst people I have met (at that state in their lives.) I am sure a very hot 30 year old woman as yourself can only tame the beast in me.

TAME IT

Elana
03-15-2003, 05:25 PM
/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif Now that\'s funny.....you need to focus your direction on trying to tame me.
You have nothing on me /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif
I am way worse than any 20 year old boy.

mokes
03-15-2003, 05:26 PM
It\'s not that there have been *more* pheromone advertisements, it\'s just that we sub-consciously search for any information relating to pheromones now. Aphrodisiacs have been around for God knows how long—and still not that many people know about them. For example, go to your local GNC and check the men’s supplement section, and check the lower counter, you’ll see “Yohimbe” in a little eye-dropper container.. It’s one of the most potent aphrodisiacs, yet, if you ask most of your friends, they probably won’t know anything about it—and I’m sure that any program on tv that talks about aphrodisiacs mentions it..

So, I\'m willing to bet, if you were to mention the term \"pheromones\" to about thirty teenagers, only three to five would have any idea about what you\'re talking about.

bundyburger
03-15-2003, 05:29 PM
<<it\'s just that we sub-consciously search for any information relating to pheromones now.>>

Yeah, good point, probably more true than I thought about. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

mokes
03-15-2003, 05:31 PM
I know that I defiantly do now; if I see the term \"andro\" even if it relating prohormones, it still catches my attention. :P

tallmacky
03-15-2003, 05:37 PM
yeah sure, prove it? any stories? I doubt mommy. taming you why does that sound very easy ok that does sound a bit hard.

Elana
03-15-2003, 05:38 PM
You have no idea /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
03-15-2003, 05:39 PM
LOL i think his mind is already corrupt Elana

tallmacky
03-15-2003, 05:40 PM
ahhah tood damn elusive, I am thinking about alot of things right now I am sure I am right about atleast a couple. ohhh E get out of my head.

tallmacky
03-15-2003, 05:40 PM
ahhah tood damn elusive, I am thinking about alot of things right now I am sure I am right about atleast a couple. ohhh E get out of my head.

fast response ehh?

Elana
03-15-2003, 05:41 PM
/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif True.....TM is pretty out there. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

TBiRD
03-15-2003, 05:42 PM
mtv ? [bad word] that [bad word] !!!! Stupid masses [bad word] it up for everybody /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

Then better ban the whole andro-line + shut down all the labs !

I\'ll make sure 2 have a lifelong supply of AE + PI + SOE beforehand...

Ok now seriously....mass marketing will not happen too soon , its way to expensive for most people , if everybody starts using them , it will render the pheros useless because of OD\'s everywhere in each club , so people will not buy it again + phero sellers go bankrupt.....its really that easy.

Oh btw , as soon as even the average joe gets the word , there will be some kind of nasal balm that shuts down the vno...something like lipstick , just for the nose /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

+ If the \"oh mommas\" get the word , they will be telling their little girls , don\'t wear 2 short skirts + use the damn nose balm.....................what a sad world /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

Elana
03-15-2003, 05:42 PM
I am not in the least bit elusive. I tend to be about as blunt as they come. You couldn\'t handle me so I put you back in the pool with other weaklings /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

tallmacky
03-15-2003, 05:53 PM
hahahha, direct hit direct hit going down! good one E. Maybe so I just thought you were moving in on me too fast elana and it made me feel violated hahah a nice female response for you! Elana I think you must look horrible naked prove me wrong do it.

Elana
03-15-2003, 05:56 PM
[<<Elana I think you must look horrible naked prove me wrong do it.>>

/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif ohhh noooo...I had better prove TM wrong and send him lots and lots of naked pictures of me. I must show him how wrong he is. I am a pretty, pretty girl.

tallmacky
03-15-2003, 06:01 PM
YES fall into my trap, I told you I was genius send send send now now now. hey you never know, where do you live E maybe I can drive up for a quickie.

Elana
03-15-2003, 06:02 PM
<<maybe I can drive up for a quickie.>>

No baby...your quicky is way too quick for me. Work on that and then we\'ll talk

tallmacky
03-15-2003, 06:11 PM
ahhh man come on a full minute can go by fast, plus I would plow you with the rod of steel so work on your kegels yeah take that one meanie.

krtel
03-15-2003, 08:57 PM
Yeah, I agree especially with #3. People\'s perception of pheromones is that if they wear it, they get instant sexual responses just for having it on and not doing anything. They\'ll give up on the spot.

- Krish

Watcher
03-15-2003, 11:52 PM
ITs a powerful enhancer that is all, those people soon lose interest because women are by nature lazy and submissive.

MadDoctor
03-16-2003, 12:21 AM
Having seen pheromone products at my local Long\'s Drugs, I think that if anything deters broadspread use it will be the inferior quality of most of the products hitting the mass market. No mention of active ingredients or quantities, just a giant bottle of cheap scent for slightly more than cheap scent usually costs. They have to be using miniscule amounts, and most people will decide, based on junk like that, that pheromones don\'t work.

P.S. -- Lazy and submissive?!? You should meet a few executive secretaries. They usually make the boss man seem lazy.

Watcher
03-16-2003, 02:23 AM
I mean in terms of their love life and towards chasing men.
Im seeing plenty of yes useless pheormone products hitting the shelves, oh well all those suckers wont know about love-scent giving us the real thing that works bla bla bla and more sex in a basic premise.

BlahBlah
03-16-2003, 05:41 PM
I really hope that pheromones dont become common knowledge. [bad word] like that MTV show are not good for any of us. As sad as it seems I\'m actually glad that the law in the US that would ban pheromones looks like it will pass. That would mean, no products on shelves, nothing to advertise in magazines, it would be great. The only downside would be that it mean the end of Love Scent as we know it. Most of us would be smart enough to find our own supplies but it would mean the average joe still wouldn\'t have a clue. The less people with access to pheromones the bigger the advantage for those that do. I do agree though that the more people who try crappy products and tell all their friends mones dont work the better. Even if mones become mainstream I think most people will try cheaper versions and the love scent people with all their home-made mixes and experimental chemicals (a1 etc) will still have an advantage although it would be reduced.

krtel
03-16-2003, 05:46 PM
In the end, we (love scent members.) prevail for reasons already mentioned in this thread. I doubt they will ban pheromones, since we already naturally produce them.

- Krish

Phantom
03-16-2003, 05:53 PM
We naturally produce DHEA and the andro\'s that their trying to ban, so I don\'t really see the difference.

krtel
03-16-2003, 06:20 PM
Oh, yeah. I forgot congress is full of a bunch of old farts who think they know whats good for us.

- Krish

BlahBlah
03-18-2003, 11:06 PM
I doubt that is a valid argument because we naturally produce lots of these other substances as well. I live in Canada but I\'m very aware of the crazy drug laws in the US, dont be surprised if they make many more harmless/benificial chemicals illegal