PDA

View Full Version : What goes through a Deer's Mind?

Whitehall
03-14-2003, 02:07 PM
So we\'re still puzzled about DIHLs. My readings on hypnosis didn\'t get me very far and calling DIHL \"an altered state of consciousness\" is so broad as to be worthless.

Perhaps another way to approach this is to try and put ourselves in the place of a deer startled by a bright light.

nonscents
03-14-2003, 02:09 PM
The key concept in hypnosis from my initial readings is \"trance.\" And no one really has any handle on what it is.

oscar
03-14-2003, 03:31 PM
Whitehall,

Having stared right into their eyes at close range on numerous occassions, I think that what\'s going through a deer\'s brain is, \" Do I keep on movin\' my fluffy white tail across this road, or is this my chance to finally stare one of these bastards down?\"

I believe the decision is one of flight or fight for the deer. I think it\'s no mere coincidence that our human hypothalamus, where OUR flight or fight responses are decided, is also the part of the brain that purportedly helps make attraction related decisions on our behalf as the result of input from VNO triggering pheromones.

Human DIHL, in my opinion, results when an overload of stimuli (pheromonal, visual, etc.) causes an override of the higher brain\'s ability to go about its normal course of business, leaving the body under the control of the more primitive brain centers which are perfectly content to leave us standing there with stupid looks on our faces, until such time that the overload has been sorted out.

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Whitehall
03-14-2003, 05:02 PM
I was thinking that the DIHL effect is indeed overstimulation but so that\'s what a deer in the headlight is feeling too.

Sorry, but I meant to post this under the general forum. Glad you found it anyway.

Elana
03-14-2003, 06:01 PM
Whitehall-Please repost this in the men\'s forum. I have been hoping someone would find your original post and bump it up.
I am getting a bit tired of reading about these people getting several DIHL as they walk from the restaurant to the car. /ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif
DIHL is not when a girl looks at you....even if it is a long glance.

bivonic
03-15-2003, 07:17 AM
I thought this was the perfect place for it, when you go deer hunting don\'t you want to go where all the deer are? /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

Simply put this is what the Deer feels, her subconscious mind completely takes over and she is uncapable of forming her own conscious thoughts. What is the deer thinking about? I think the deer is seeing a lot of visualizations, she is day dreaming almost as deep as REM dreams while sleeping but her eyes are open, I think that is the closest definition we can get. The key that we need to take advantage of is to introduce verbal stimuli to help shape the \"movies\" they are currently screening in their minds. Last time I got a serious DIHL I recognized it immediately because this girl that was talking a mile a minute instantly clammed up & her pupils dilated. I said to her, \"Are you feeling ok?\" <no response> \"I bet you are feeling really good right now!\" Okay not the most seductive stimuli I could have introduced - but I\'m still learning!!!

Another way to look at it, if we all agree DIHL = hardcore day dreaming, which is a very close 2nd to REM sleep + dreams. Then I think we all had this happen to us, where we will be sleeping & your phone will ring & somehow that audible stimuli makes its way into our dream, that\'s the point I\'m trying to drive home.

Watcher
03-16-2003, 12:01 AM
Its when u girls look stupidly at the sexy smelling male walking past u. Its just a blank stare with a goofy grin on youre face when under the impact of pheromones.