PDA

View Full Version : Deodorant question for DrSmellThis or anyone else

nonscents
03-13-2003, 08:28 AM
I threw out my 10-year-old bottle of sandalwood essential oil. That was a bonehead move! This stuff is pricey!

So now I have a new vial of sandalwood, peppermint, and Texas Cedarwood. Do you just rub the oil straight onto your pits after showering? Or do you put a few drops of the essential oil into a base of, say, olive oil, and then rub the olive oil mixture in your pits?

I also just got my bottle of Everclear delivered yesterday. I know no chemistry. But people mix alcohol with water and juices all the time, so I should be able to mix Everclear and water, right? I think I\'ll mix 50/50 Everclear and water. I\'ll shower, then I\'ll sterilize my pits with the Everclear solution, then I\'ll rub on the sandalwood and maybe the cedar.

I tried rubbing the peppermint essential oil on various places on my body (no, not THERE!), but it makes everything feel icey. Did you say that you can take this stuff internally? All my Aura Cacia vials so to use topically only. Got any other suggestions for peppermint?

**DONOTDELETE**
03-13-2003, 08:31 AM
A few drops in a fragrance warmer - it\'s very uplifting and really clears your mind - also people seem to enjoy it and some find it aphrodesiacal.

A little on your temples or under your nose is great, too, for a lift.

MadDoctor
03-13-2003, 09:00 AM
I would advise against taking any essential oil internally. If it\'s natural, you\'d be doing the equivalent of eating a huge pile of some herb. Since some members of the mint family (e.g. basil) are mildly mutagenic/carcinogenic, doesn\'t sound great. If it were, say, camphor, you could have seizures or go into a coma. On the other hand it might be synthetic, in which case who knows what you\'re consuming? If you want to take something minty internally, I\'d steer you towards the mint extract at the local supermarket.

DrSmellThis
03-13-2003, 02:46 PM
I am going to freaking strangle you! Do you know how sandalwood ages after TEN years?!? I can\'t even think about it.

Peppermint and cedar are both great for repelling rats. So you\'ve got that going for you.

Why mix in water? I wouldn\'t put in over 25%.

yeah I\'d put the cedar on last, as it\'s more of a top note. I haven\'t had luck mixing them, but I guess its just my body chemistry, as perfumers do it often.

bundyburger
03-13-2003, 03:53 PM
<< Do you know how sandalwood ages after TEN years?!? >>

I take it that\'s bad he threw it??? /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

DrSmellThis
03-14-2003, 04:48 AM
OK, I\'m over it.

Peppermint oil is Ok to mix in water or ice cream 1-3 drops at a time, as long as it\'s ORGANIC. Non organic oils tend to house toxins. 2 drops in 8 oz of water swished and swallowed is a great natural breath freshener, and gives a burst of energy too.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-14-2003, 06:29 AM
The longer sandalwood ages, the better and more expensive it is. The thought of 10 year old sandalwood down the drain is enough to make you cry if you love sandalwood.

bundyburger
03-14-2003, 05:39 PM
Thanks FTR. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif