PDA

View Full Version : mixing parts

ladysadness
03-12-2003, 10:46 AM
It says under the actual mixing procedure:
First of all, all mixes are based on parts; this means that you need a device to make them (usually in the form of drops). do you do this? or how do you do this? a drop is very little. i seen somewhere on here some one used 4-5 parts fragrance and 1 part npa. now mixing this in parts based on what in says in the cook book even with the perfume is still very little to put in the atomizer which is very big to these parts... what about using ml\'s in stead of drops for parts; say 4-5 ml\'s perfume and 1ml npa would this still be the same just bigger amount??? i am stuck i guess... and when mixing ew should it be just a drop instead of mixing it in a part as ML??

**DONOTDELETE**
03-12-2003, 10:59 AM
In theory, It doesn\'t matter what unit of measurement you use, as long as you keep the proportions the same.

HOWEVER: When using EW, you should use drops. Buy an eyedropper from the drug store and use drops. A drop is very little, yes, but EW is very strong.

In practice, it is better to use drops than convert to a higher volume, because if you decide you don\'t like the mix you made, there is less to throw out. 1 drop of npa and 4-5 drops perfume is a small application amount, but if you mix the whole bottle and don\'t like it, you\'re out the money.

ladysadness
03-12-2003, 11:33 AM
You wrote:
In theory, It doesn\'t matter what unit of measurement you use, as long as you keep the proportions the same.

HOWEVER: When using EW, you should use drops. Buy an eyedropper from the drug store and use drops. A drop is very little, yes, but EW is very strong.

In practice, it is better to use drops than convert to a higher volume, because if you decide you don\'t like the mix you made, there is less to throw out. 1 drop of npa and 4-5 drops perfume is a small

gracias, yo entiendo... now for my ingeles I am just starting to understand spanish most of it\'s basic as you can see. it\'s hard i think when i am just learning by my self and not going to school for it. de donde eres? like i said i am just learning...